Any ideas or thoughts on the team?

1 Edward kennett

2 Lewis Bridger

3 Olly Allen

4 Richie Worrall

5 Stuart Robson

6 Adam Ellis

7 Roberts Mear

Shame about Garrity, he would of been entertaining.

Nelson should be hard to beat for the Australians.

Hope it be a good crowd and the weather holds out. Taking some friends who haven't seen speedway before.

Doubt Adam Ellis will be in it, I think he was only in the first one because it was at Ipswich.

With Eastbourne vs Peterborough, Berwick v Scunthorpe and Workington vs Leicester the same night this rules out Kennett, Auty and Lawson (For GB) and Woodward and North (For Aus).

GB will probably have Craig Cook in the side along with Barker, Allen, Mear, Bridger, Worrall, Also could see Adam Roynon (An ex Rocket) depending on fitness and whether he is re-introduced in Leicester's team by then in the line-up.

Aus could have Doyle, Proctor, Davies, Summers, Tungate, Grajczonek and Nick Morris

Edited by Superstar1

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Mark Lemon replaces Jason Doyle and I am not sure if Ben Barker is fit to ride. Still it should be a good one.

That's a shame, love watching Doyle race. Still a very promising line up though. Should be a decent crowd, weather is superb. Let's hope the track lives up the occasion.

Not a classic but also not a bad meeting, good win for GB.

A decent crowd but not like you used to get at Rye – about time they built a Penn for those bloody kids though. Lol :D

I like Roynon but the boy is clearly lacking in confidence, not sure meetings like this are helping him.

Nelson spat the dummy again and tried to take his frustration out on Newman, had to be calmed down by boss Lemon. :rofl:

All in all an enjoyable meeting that for once didn’t drag on and on despite the amount of watering needed.

Hope Roynon gets back to where he was, similar situation as when he returned after a previous injury (GB practice at KL), he could do with some NL meetings to get his confidence back but can't happen cos of the averages. Just hope he stays injury free now.

Hope Roynon gets back to where he was, similar situation as when he returned after a previous injury (GB practice at KL), he could do with some NL meetings to get his confidence back but can't happen cos of the averages. Just hope he stays injury free now.

We were talking about this on the way home,maybe let him ride for a NL team who are struggling like Stoke and Kent for a few meetings as it would be in the best interests of the sport/rider

• Like 1

We were talking about this on the way home,maybe let him ride for a NL team who are struggling like Stoke and Kent for a few meetings as it would be in the best interests of the sport/rider

Surely not eligable for the NL now?

Enjoyable meeting. The track held up well despite the warm conditions. No letting up from either side, they really went for it. Sad to see Adam Roynon struggle. Looked tentative going into the bends and a shadow of his former self. He improved as the meeting went on and was unlucky to slip off giving it a blast round the outside of Grajczonek in heat 10. I hope he can get back to something like the form he was in before his latest injury.

Nice to have a Rye meeting run smoothly with no major incidents for a change

I know he isnt eligible for NL as average too high but to let him ride a few meetings for a struggling team to gain some confidence as its unlikely to turn Kent or Stoke into champions elect.Thats what i meant about the best interests of the sport/rider.Maybe let him guest at PL level for riders with a slightly lower average.I know it would cause uproar amongst the BSPA but sometimes you have to think outside the box Adam Roynon has come bloody close due mostly to bad luck of paying the ultimate price.IMO he deserves a bit if special treatment to try and help him find his feet again

• Like 1

I know he isnt eligible for NL as average too high but to let him ride a few meetings for a struggling team to gain some confidence as its unlikely to turn Kent or Stoke into champions elect.Thats what i meant about the best interests of the sport/rider.Maybe let him guest at PL level for riders with a slightly lower average.I know it would cause uproar amongst the BSPA but sometimes you have to think outside the box Adam Roynon has come bloody close due mostly to bad luck of paying the ultimate price.IMO he deserves a bit if special treatment to try and help him find his feet again

I knew what you meant, didn't mean to come over as a smart ar$e ;) I doubt the authorities would allow it, even if it makes sense