British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Lc 26/5/13 @3p.m.

Giving his scoring by Karlsson of late you wonder if Leicester wont keep him,that of course will release Roynon and if hes going to continue with Coventry he will need a PL team,that team could well be Glasgow.

Could be a tough ask that Screm, Roynon moved to the Midlands to be nearer his girlfriend and Coventry, (not necessarily in that order mind) so hard to see him wanting a long haul trip to Glasgow from there?

Magnus Karlson, he could steady the ship but I get the feeling he might become a source of frustration pretty quickly.

Seems to be in the middle of his usual 5-8 meeting purple patch, the rest of the time, it is all a bit meh…

Despite the fact that he would have been good for 7 a meeting I was quite relieved when Berwick didn’t sign him a few seasons back.

If the signing of a Danish World Cup star goes through at Peterborough then Ryan Fisher will be looking for a team spot it would appear

Fisher is doing quite nicely riding in the second tier in Poland on Sundays, and given the previous hostility towards him from the torn face Tigers fans, I doubt if Weegieville would be top of his choices for a move.

Interestingly at the start of the month, the same Tigers team managed to beat one of the league favourites, Newcastle, at Ashfield in the PL.

Wonder why certain riders are now toiling :rolleyes:

• Like 1

All is forgiven with Fisher. He was a pretty popular visitor guesting for and against us over the last 2 seasons, but you would have to have been there to know that.

At one point pre-season I thought he may have been a potential signing for us judging by some of the riders twitter feeds.

Right now we just need a rider or 2 with a bit of mettle to steady the ship, get some decent points and save us from Wright and Bager riding like juniors.

• Like 1

I doubt if fisher would give up riding in poland, to ride for the tigers.

Magnus would certainly be a welcome addition , he has the capability to be a 3rd heat leader, but i think the biggest change glasgow need to make

is changing the team manager.

Heard from several people he is not the man for the job.

Spot on . 30 point plus home defeats gets tracks closed down .

I think history shows ultra-expensive teams, often recruited by fans-turned promoters, close down a lot more tracks than a few defeats.

Maybe the changes should start in the boardroom?

The Tigers survived for years with shoestring teams. Adding to the wage-bill of a promotion which has clarified it currently loses money every week is hardly a sensible business proposition.

Sean Courtney is a better option as team manager than anyone since Ian Steel, he knows the sport as a rider and has many contacts and friends who will help him if he is seeking new blood. Along with Alun Biggart's contacts in Denmark, the club -- which has already had several good wins with the same bunch of riders -- can pull through with some minor surgery.

The new faces recruited by the 'bring someone to hold onto' campaign probably wouldn't be put off by a thumping, new people are delighted to see bikes skidding at close quarters and a crash or two -- what will drive them away, probably forever, is covering them with dust. Which is inexcusable.

Could be a tough ask that Screm, Roynon moved to the Midlands to be nearer his girlfriend and Coventry, (not necessarily in that order mind) so hard to see him wanting a long haul trip to Glasgow from there?

Fair enough but if Leicester stick with Karlsson and theres a job going at Glasgow for him then as a pro speedway riders travelling shouldnt be a problem.FWIW I think Leicester will release Karlsson in favour of Roynon,though it might be not a given that Karlsson goes to Glasgow.

I think the promotion at Glasgow have been a bit too loyal. Now there is nothing more admirable than loyalty in this day and age, but the likes of Bager and Grieves have not lived up to past performances.

Grieves is the best Scottish rider since Kenny Mac. But the James now is not the same James of even 2 years ago. James scoring 2 or 3 away from home doesn't do him justice. He I fear is looking like stoney did in his twighlight. Been at the top of his game so long I fear he is not justifying his place.

Wright is doing as many of us expected. Very little. Bager flatters to deceive. The young Aussies and Jacobs are always going to find it hard when a team is struggling. Thank goodness for joe screen or the tigers would be even worse off...

Hope they get it sorted

if you think its a long way from coventry to glasgow how far do you think it is from sweden to glasgow? if there is a team place up for grabs and karlsson is released then its a bit of a no brainer.

I guess it depends on the package on offer. But riders travel for work. If you're a pro you need to work to live.

Magnus Karlson, he could steady the ship but I get the feeling he might become a source of frustration pretty quickly.

Seems to be in the middle of his usual 5-8 meeting purple patch, the rest of the time, it is all a bit meh…

Despite the fact that he would have been good for 7 a meeting I was quite relieved when Berwick didn’t sign him a few seasons back.

I've thought the same about Magnus for sometime.

Long Track for Pepe ,he would never be there.

True,I know hes doing the Czech League,not sure if hes doing Poland this year so extra meetings over here would come in handy but as you say his Longtrack meetings would probably stop that,certainly as far as the PL is concerned.