British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Lc 26/5/13 @3p.m.

Third time lucky for our first visit from the binmen this season . Twice we've tried and twice the rain has said no , but the forecast is pretty good this Sunday .

The mob from the East are now beginning to get into their stride and are now beginning to batter all before them . Impossible to beat on their own , erm , technical circuit , Plymouth last Saturday became the first away league win on their quest to fulfil their pre-season status as title favourites .

Craig Cook has started 2013 as impressive as he finished 2012 , but he has plenty of support from the latest septet in blue and gold .

While they are flying high , we come into this meeting wounded after last week's home reverse and likely thumping at the PL select side in Cumbria on Saturday evening .

But even though this is a dead rubber as far as League Cup qualification goes , there's never a meaningless meeting between the Tigers and The Forces of Evil .

Sunday's teams -

Plucky Underdogs

1 Joe Screen

2 Henning Bager

3 James Wright

4 Joey Ringwood

5 James Grieves

6 Harley Horwood

7 Joe Jacobs

THEM

1 Craig Cook

2 Desperate Deek

3 Theo Pijper

4 The Golden Child

5 Claus Vissing

6 Mitchell Davey

7 Tobacco Joe

No predictions necessary , let's just turn the form book on it's head and bring this mob down a peg or two .

I'm looking forward to seeing the new improved Ashfield circuit, assuming of course we negotiate all the traffic....

Here's to a good match and hopefully the Blue and Gold can take advantage of the Glasgow promotion potential ticket reduction after Sunday's meeting...

Tabaka is the key man for this one and can take an extra ride for Fricke and Davey, especially in ht14 which is troublesome for us. Our misfiring middle order need to get the finger out or in one case need to gate every heat to give us a chance. Cook, Pijper, Vissing and Sneddon are all capable of decent points. I think Pijper and Cook will also excel on the new inside line of turns 3&4. Can only see an away win.

Cannot believe the new promotion weren't savvy enough to avoid Cup Final traffic, let alone the counter-attraction of the match on TV.

They have done so much that is right since taking over, yet the earlier two too-early, panicky postponements of this fixture (when weather eventually relented, and would have allowed racing on either date) seem to have forced them into running what should have been a plum fixture head-to-head with a cup final in the city, starting at the same time AND live on TV, featuring teams from Glasgow and Edinburgh.

A meeting which is now only for the uber-committed.

Additionally, the Edinburgh Marathon is also tomorrow and the extensive road closures & diversions will disrupt travel arrangements, especially for those relying on city to city public transport, given the unavailability of private coaches because of the footy. at Hampden.

I raised this on here some time ago, but for whatever reason, it appears that the date or start time could not be altered.

Given the above difficulties and the fact that the final result will not affect the Monarchs League Cup progress, I'll reluctantly not be at Saracen Park tomorrow :sad:

Additionally, the Edinburgh Marathon is also tomorrow and the extensive road closures & diversions will disrupt travel arrangements, especially for those relying on city to city public transport, given the unavailability of private coaches because of the footy. at Hampden.

I raised this on here some time ago, but for whatever reason, it appears that the date or start time could not be altered.

Given the above difficulties and the fact that the final result will not affect the Monarchs League Cup progress, I'll reluctantly not be at Saracen Park tomorrow :sad:

Throw in the Glasgow marathon too. :blink::cheers:

• Like 1

I'm getting heartily sick of whinging Edinburgh fans moaning about the staging date / start time / time of the month / full moon , whatever .

Today the weather has to be warm and sunny , okay there's a football match on but true speedway fans wont care about that . I hope there's a large contingent of Monarchs fans at Ashfield tomorrow , there's a better than even chance that they'll see their team win . But if they think it's going to be too difficult or would rather not bother , then such is life - it's their loss .

Personally i think today's meeting will be a cracker and i hope the stay at homes enjoy the Antiques Roadshow or whatever other nonsense might be on the telly .

• Like 5

Looking forward to this even if we do get thrashed im not working sunday night so im having a beer i think for every 5-1 edinburgh get then a pint and every 1 we get i will have a glass of wine as well as one for anytime i hear "jimmy jimmy" and then one for anytime wee joe beats wee joe and then after that of to mcconnells in hope st to join the celtic party c'mon!

• Like 1

The promotion tell me "it's my club" and today I can "bring a friend".

After last night's performance (and a few recent home ones) I've made a team decision about my club and am bringing two friends:

Emil Sayfutdinov and Tomasz Gollob to replace Wright and Bager.

• Like 6

The promotion tell me "it's my club" and today I can "bring a friend".

After last night's performance (and a few recent home ones) I've made a team decision about my club and am bringing two friends:

Emil Sayfutdinov and Tomasz Gollob to replace Wright and Bager.

The thing is George they ask us to bring a friend i took two to Workington yesterday and spent the best part of £100 they probably did also do our friends get a refund after that diabolical display At least Neil Macfarlane would have apologised to the fans on having to watch that and done something about it quickly let's see if the current promotion have it in them to do the same for the sake off keeping what fans they have they will need to

• Like 1

utterly humiliated 32-61 on their own turf, it's a question of when not if changes are coming.

bager, wright, horwood maybe grieves too if the right riders become available.

The best result Glasgow fans could have wished for. The cracks papered over for several weeks have been ruthlessly exposed. Its well recognised Wright and Bager have been weak links but Grieves too has been slow as treacle all season bar a few good heats last week. Its time for changes, the honeymoon period is over for the new owners and the team has fallen flat. The new boys are finding it tough and I would suggest one of them too has to make way.

I don't keep up with averages anymore but I'm certain they are out soon and counting up the numbers in last weeks programme we had around 5 points to play with.

Unfortunately the marketing exercise to bring a friend will have backfired spectacularly, its difficult enough for the diehards!

• Like 1

Well were do you start firstly though congratulations to Edinburgh on there emphatic victory basically they took us apart and we had no answer they thoroughly deserved there win and margin of victory .

And on to us that was just unacceptable in any way shape or form we were completley outclassed in every single department after last night's shambolic display at Workington i didn't for one minute think that it could get any worse how wrong was I .

Let's see what happens with the new averages and what changes can be made but surely Bager , Wright & Horwood must be under serious threat

Here's hoping

BTW i had to give the £16 back to my friend i was embarrassed he had to pay to watch that drivel from one side anyway

• Like 1

At least the new promotion will have saved on points money this weekend. Joking aside, what a terrible result, surely changes need to be made. People pointed out pre season just how rubbish James Wright is, some on here were having none of it, i think the evidence is now overwhelming.

Well done to the boys in blue & gold thrashing their nearest and dearest.

I think glasgow need to make changes quick or you might as well give them the wooden spoon just now.

To make matters worse for the tiggers captain Deek with a paid max at Ashfield. Talk about addding insult to injury. :P

Edited by Mr Blobby