British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions V Somerset Rebels (premier League) - Monday, May 27th (3pm) Followed By Scunthorpe Saints V Milton Keynes Knights (nl Challenge)

Just got home after an awesome day out, certainly well worth the 7 hour or so round trip - possibly the most awesome performance I've ever witnessed from a Somerset team, just outstanding throughout. Hard to pick out individual moments but Grajczonek and Doyle going round the fence to go from a 1-5 to a 5-1 in heat 13 was a favourite, as well as Stefan blasting round the outside out of turn 2. Kyle and Alex completely solid and well worth their points and Nick with a seemingly typical Nick Morris all action show on his return. Tom chipped in valuably early on and set us right on the way from the opener - a magic all round display from the Rebels.

I thought the promoter on the mic was very good tbh and good value for entertainment - the comment about playing music 'as its not a funeral yet' And Inparticular 'give the rebels a clap, as we're crap' was another favourite :D

• Like 2

Not very professional though is it... if I was a Scunny fan I don't know if I would be attending again with him dissing the team like he did...because at the end of the day, the Scunthorpe team aren't that bad but were just against a very good Somerset team!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

I said at the start of the season that I felt the rest would be chasing Somerset, and I think result makes believe even more(providing they can steer clear of injuries).

I think that one of the problems for Scunthorpe is that they are having to use Josh Auty in heat 1, Josh Auty cannot ride or less effective when he has to ride at number 1.

When he was at Sheffield, and he got the number 1 race jacket, he always lost it when the next green sheet averages, as his form would drop, and Birmingham were quick to move him away from the number 2 riding position to number 4 riding position and saw his form improve. The problem is that the rider who should be pushing him for that number 1 position is David Howe whose form has been very indifferent

Like I say providing they steer clear of any injuries I think that Somerset will be the team to beat.

Not very professional though is it... if I was a Scunny fan I don't know if I would be attending again with him dissing the team like he did...because at the end of the day, the Scunthorpe team aren't that bad but were just against a very good Somerset team!

RG pays there wagess and if he thinks they were crap,then fair play for saying it, as yesterday Scunny,with the odd exception were shyte,

Well done Rob for saying it as it is,and the ref seemed to enjoy his bit of banter also as he was laughing through the window

Ash Birks deserves huge credit for the way he is riding,quite brilliant and wears his hear on his sleave,the reserves also have a proper go,

I though Somerset were very very good,right through the team,either from the gate or from the back,they were winning races with ease,fair play to them

• Like 1

sweet revenge indeed for the rebels,and why not! scorpions were compleatly outclased,riders of howe's experience should not be passed bythe oposition twice, both of whom came from half a lap behind.apart from birkes and both reserves the rest of the team looked tired,to many meeting's in afew day's?

Give me strength - there couldn't of been a more true word come out of his mouth when the Scorpions fans started the "sort the track out" after heat 3.. and to which he replied "Sorry mate but it seems okay for Somerset."

You could tell he was angry and rightly so, and actually made the afternoon even more enjoyable ;)

• Like 1