British Speedway Forum

How about:

1. Chris Holder

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Antonio Lindback

4. Grigory Laguta

I would rather have Lindback in the series than Lindgren or Jonsson any day, as long as he has overcome his health issues.

All the best

Rob

Quite. At least with Lindback you get the occasional bit of brilliance. Both Jonsson and Lindgren have just been consistently medioce/poor

• Like 1

Ok,Russians are one of if not the biggest visitors in numbers and probably spending power to finland,but like you say the main man is already in.What use would adding Laguta do to the Finnish GP and is it worth adding him just for that and Daugavpils?ok he is popular in Poland.... I wouldn't disagree with him in,but surely the reality is he would only add a 100 or two to the gate at both Tampere and Daugavpils.Hardly going to turn either of them into a financial success

I agree. A year ago spoke to guy who was involved in a MX Supercross indoor event here in Tampere and he was ecstatic about the (then) rumours regarding SGP Tampere. One of his first arguments was that it's gonna be a sell out and loads of Russians there... Didn't quite understand him, didn't say anthing either... How big is speedway in Russia? Whats the nearest track to Tampere after st Petersburg was closed a decade ago?

How about:

1. Chris Holder, 2. Tomasz Gollob, 3. Antonio Lindback, 4. Grigory Laguta I would rather have Lindback in the series than Lindgren or Jonsson any day, as long as he has overcome his health issues. All the best

Rob

Havent followed Polish nor Swedish league speedway at all this season, so cant understand the hype about Laguta. But accepting that, I think that this list is the best bet.

IT'S a joint decision between BSI (Paul Bellamy) and the FIM (Race Director Tony Olsson and CCP Director Armando Castagna). They are hoping to name the wild cards and the 2014 calendar shortly...

Thank you

ok lets go back to the old style qualifiers like we used to have.

lets say we have a season like this with riders injured for important rounds.

thta means you could have (based on this year) a gp season without:

HOLDER,SAYFUTDINOV,WARD, WOFFINDEN, GOLLOB, LINDGREN, JONSSON.

You cant seriously be happy with that!

Look at the World Final in Munich 1989. Most of the top boys were missing through injury.

sorry but you are living in the dark ages if you think the current system of picking riders doesnt get you the best line up

It needn't BE the best line up. It should be for those who have fought their way in to the GP. That is what Sport is about - not giving Riders a place for the fun of it. OF COURSE picking the BEST Riders gives you the best line up - I have never said that it doesn't. I always believed and STILL believe that in Sport you strive to be the very best that you can be by matching yourself against those with, sometimes, superior ability. Now and again, and yes - Woofinden is a case in point here - someone will win against all odds against the Giants of the Sport. My WHOLE argument is that EVERYBODY deserves a chance to upset the odds, not just the selected few. To those who say that the old World Finals had a certain amount of selection about them too - you are correct - BUT - I stick to my position - THAT was not RIGHT either.

All I want from Speedway is a level Playing Field for ALL.

I DON'T SEE WHAT IS SO VERY WRONG ABOUT THAT - AND NEVER WILL!!!

I think we're missing the point... TWK doesn't want the best riders in the GP series.

Niamh

You are right Niamh - I don't. Places in the GP should be earned NOT given on grounds of good business, nationality, BSI Favourites or for any other reason than that they have EARNED their right to be there.

If I had my way - at the end on one GP year the World Champion would be proclaimed - that would be the end of it. The following Season ALL Riders would start from scratch INCLUDING THE TOP EIGHT!!

THEN WE COULD TRULY CALL SPEEDWAY A SPORT!!!

Paul Bellamy quoted on Sportowefakty this morning saying Tomasz Gollob has a good chance of a Wild Card.

"What are the chances that Chris Holder and Tomasz Gollob receive a permanent wild card for the season 2014?

- Large. These are the world champions, after all. Chris Holder could not defend his title due to injury. Tomasz Gollob three years ago was the best in the world. From the speedway will begin awarding a wild card for the season 2014."

It needn't BE the best line up. It should be for those who have fought their way in to the GP. That is what Sport is about - not giving Riders a place for the fun of it. OF COURSE picking the BEST Riders gives you the best line up - I have never said that it doesn't. I always believed and STILL believe that in Sport you strive to be the very best that you can be by matching yourself against those with, sometimes, superior ability. Now and again, and yes - Woofinden is a case in point here - someone will win against all odds against the Giants of the Sport. My WHOLE argument is that EVERYBODY deserves a chance to upset the odds, not just the selected few. To those who say that the old World Finals had a certain amount of selection about them too - you are correct - BUT - I stick to my position - THAT was not RIGHT either.

All I want from Speedway is a level Playing Field for ALL.

I DON'T SEE WHAT IS SO VERY WRONG ABOUT THAT - AND NEVER WILL!!!

You are right Niamh - I don't. Places in the GP should be earned NOT given on grounds of good business, nationality, BSI Favourites or for any other reason than that they have EARNED their right to be there.

If I had my way - at the end on one GP year the World Champion would be proclaimed - that would be the end of it. The following Season ALL Riders would start from scratch INCLUDING THE TOP EIGHT!!

THEN WE COULD TRULY CALL SPEEDWAY A SPORT!!!

Thank god the powers that be disagree. If you want riders like Dryml representing the best this sport good luck to you. But i for one wouldnt bother with it anymore and i think a few others would be the same.

Id put mjj and thj in

Mjj won a gp already as wild card and was decent in his other gp

Thj always impressive as wild card

Please no lindgren he is the new harris

Jonssons a rider i like but on the way down now

Holder mjj thj and gollob for me

• Like 3

How about:

1. Chris Holder

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Antonio Lindback

4. Grigory Laguta

I would rather have Lindback in the series than Lindgren or Jonsson any day, as long as he has overcome his health issues.

All the best

Rob

Totally agree.. As bad as Lindback has been, have AJ or Lindgren done anything of any note all year? No. At least there half a chance Lindback will do something wild at some point, no chance from Lindgren and it been a while since AJ suggested he could do it any more.

Id put mjj and thj in

Mjj won a gp already as wild card and was decent in his other gp

Thj always impressive as wild card

Please no lindgren he is the new harris

Jonssons a rider i like but on the way down now

Holder mjj thj and gollob for me

mjj maybe

thj not a chance