British Speedway Forum

Confirmed according to Sportowefakty ...

1 Tai Woffinden

2 Jaroslaw Hampel

3 Niels Kristian Iversen

4 Greg Hancock

5 Nicki Pedersen

6 Emil Sajfutdinov

7 Matej Zagar

8 Darcy Ward

9 Krzysztof Kasprzak

10 Kenneth Bjerre

11 Martin Smolinski

12 Tomasz Gollob

13 Fredrik Lindgren

14 Chris Holder

15 Andreas Jonsson

• Like 1

ANOTHER wildcard for Lindgren? I don't think even Harris had this many wildcards.

Yet another season of Mr. Dull in the GP series.

All the best

Rob

How bad is that, Lindgren who can't cut the mustard as a number 1 in the elite or beat reserves.This is the type of thing that makes bsi look silly. Yes it's all about bums on seats in Sweden and money and not ability. I would of put Lindback in if they must have a swede as at least sometimes shows blinding speed. Should be a limit on how many wild cards you can have especially when it comes to someone with the personality of a gold fish.

ANOTHER wildcard for Lindgren? I don't think even Harris had this many wildcards.

All the best

Rob

I think both are tied at 5 each know. Lindgren and Harris also have one top 8 each but Lindgren also have qualified via GP challenge once.

All the best

Rob

Lindgren now joins him in the five wild card stakes. Harris had a Wild Card in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012. Aside from a freak turn of form (and an amazing improvement in bike speed) in 2010 (he went from 11/12th in the standings to 6th in about 5 GP's) he has failed to qualify every season, although he did finish a Lindgren esque 9th in his first year.

Somewhat fittingly, after bombing out big style at the start of this years qualifying process, Harris was given a last minute pick for the Grand Prix Challenge and managed to qualify as first reserve for next season.

Fair play to Harris though, he and Lindgren have obviously impressed someone with clout along the way. It's not their fault somebody is stupid enough to keep giving them charity year after year. Most riders in their position would gladly accept Wild Cards every season as well. Impressive TV exposure and the extra sponsorship this brings, and no pressure to actually bother qualifying by right. Nice work if you can get it…

JT.

Edited by JT

The beauty of the SELECTION System. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't agree with the wildcards but that sentence is utter rubbish mate.

The qualification system has thrown up as many spuds as the selection system.

Same with the old formula that let 5 deadbeats into the final without having to show thier 'skill' against the best.

Perhaps Laguta did turn a WC spot down.

If not then Lindgren is the new Chris Harris.

11 out of 15 did qualify and the picks will never please everyone but it is a better system than the one it replaced.

Where is Laguta?

I wonder what Phillip Rising and his fellow stooges have to say about this, European championships will end up with a better line-up!

It won't be that far off :)

Edited by pandorum