British Speedway Forum

British Final 13th May 2013

Deserved based on? The result of one race? If you're going to harp back to the days of top non-GP rider in the final how about we harp back a bit further to the days of no final and Bomber was 2nd and Scott only 5th. I make it Bomber 2nd, Cook 3rd and Kennett 4th. So it's Kennett who can feel aggrieved not to get the 2nd reserve spot.

deserved because he came 2nd to Tai.... End of.
  • Like 3

Well done to Tai on winning but I was most impressed with Cook and Garrity..............Kennett does what Kennett always does............throws it away when it matters...............

RP

Despite the gulf in standard between the riders I always enjoy watching the British Final and thought there were some decent races tonight. Just knew the Auty vs Barker race would result in a fall with two on the edge racers going at it! I actually think Wolves has become a good venue for the British Final, provides a decent backdrop for the meeting on tv with a good crowd on the home straight and a decent race track too. Don't think Woffinden has much home advantage either really, he'd probably win on any track in the form he's in, congratulations to the new champion.

Cook and Garrity were the highlights for me, two riders that need to be supported and pushed to go on to bigger things. Nice to see Nicholls doing what he does best and fighting his way into the final again too, certainly did it the hard way!

• Like 3

deserved because he came 2nd to Tai.... End of.

The issue for most of us, is that the decision about the wildcard was dropped in during a SKY meeting and announced on TV. None of us were expecting it, fans and riders alike it seems. WHY, when the powers that be in the BSPA knew about it, WHY didn't they tell us? They've known for months....

Despite the gulf in standard between the riders I always enjoy watching the British Final and thought there were some decent races tonight. Just knew the Auty vs Barker race would result in a fall with two on the edge racers going at it! I actually think Wolves has become a good venue for the British Final, provides a decent backdrop for the meeting on tv with a good crowd on the home straight and a decent race track too. Don't think Woffinden has much home advantage either really, he'd probably win on any track in the form he's in, congratulations to the new champion.

Cook and Garrity were the highlights for me, two riders that need to be supported and pushed to go on to bigger things. Nice to see Nicholls doing what he does best and fighting his way into the final again too, certainly did it the hard way!

Excellent post

A smattering of decent races, with the usual suspects of Allen, Barker & Auty biting the dust as per most years. :o

I know it was 22 heats as opposed to 15, but my god, Wolves sure know how to drag out a meeting for no good reason and bore you to tears between heats, had they taken another 5 mins I would of had to forego the final to ensure I got home tonight, which I would have been less than happy about having paid nearly £30 for entry, programme and food/drink, apparently Wolverhampton locals don't have home to get to unlike the rest of us.

Congratulations to Tai, I don't think anybody can argue that the right man won. He may have got away with the start in the final but in fairness you could have put him 10 meters back and he would still have passed the others. People mention the spirit Harris shows but you have to give Nicholls credit last night, he was in real danger of having a nightmare night after 1,1 after 2 rides but to pull it back round to finish second. Part of me would love Scott to be at Cardiff but the other side of the coin is that on present form and the form the top GP boys are showing I am kind of relieved he isn't going to be there.

Final thought.. There is a glimmer of hope for a few of the riders coming through but the line up last night was weak, after Scott and Bomber call it a day there is nobody to step into there shoes, Craig cook maybe but Tai will have a good run at being British champion now.

• Like 2

Well done to Tia,head and shoulders above the rest and in a great run of form,deserved champion

I do get the feeling that the British final now needs a change of venue thoough,there's some brilliant tracks in the UK and we don't use them enough,Somerset,Lynn,Scunny and Peterborough to name some who I think should have a crack at the event,

• Like 1

Well done mr woffinden on a thoroughly deserved win ,on this form the skys the limit. Watched the meet on the box thought the racing was ok with a couple of good races ,just wish they could get on with it ,restarts drive me nuts between 5 /10 mins to get the race re run its bonkers.