British Speedway Forum

British Final 13th May 2013

As it's a year to the day I agree with both Starman and Gavan - a one minutes silence would show that people still care one year on.

As for the British Final, it's become a little bit insignificant now.

Good Luck to all in the British Final, but who really gives 'a toss now'.. :sad:

I agree, and i do hope they have a minutes silence..

Edited by Starman2006

Is there ever a 'major' meeting on the calendar that is subject to so many late withdrawals as the British Final is? Granted riders being injured isn't the fault of the organizers and riders themselves, but it does seem lightly jinxed.

Anyone know who the two new reserves will be and which rider replaces which? The BSPA don't say in their press release, hopefully we don't have to wait until the tv broadcast starts up to know lol.

Hope there is a minutes silence or something done to mark the first anniversary of Rico's death. Fans are being asked on twitter to make Wolves white with their Rico tops.

I wonder if it's the fans on here and the Twitter campaign that 'alerted' the BSPA to the actual date, got to admit i didn't realize.

is this likely to be available to view on internet for those of us outside the UK?

I don't use streams myself but just had a glance at the two major streaming sites and both have it listed, obviously no actual streaming sources are listed until about an hour before the meeting.

Howarth only got 4 at his

Howarth scored 6 in his semi.

I can only assume that Grieves, Sneddon and Wright all turned the meeting down.

Howarth finished above Sneddon and C.Wright. Grieves possibly didn't want the meeting due to family bereavement.

There must be a doubt of this meeting going ahead,been raining here since 10 o,clock this morning,and according to Sky News more of the same tomorrow.

Monmore is pretty good at holding water and as CVS has said numerous times ..... If we could plan the weather it would rain all weekend and at 6am on Monday mornin it stops and there is bright and breezy weather all day.

I live 18 miles away from Wolves and it looks like CVS has had his prayers answered in full.

RICO; Understand it was a year to the day and the call for a minutes silence, but feel a minutes aplause would be more suitable.

CHAMPION; While I really hope Tai carries on his excellent form, he has been beaten six times this season at Monmore Green .... but not nce by a British rider ..... When it comes down to it, a 5 point maximum (again) will mean nothing going into the final race and Harris, Nicholls and Kennett are all capable of winning races at Monmore Green against anyone.

Ideally I would like to see Tai lift the title with Robbo and King on the rostrum

Howarth scored 6 in his semi.

Howarth finished above Sneddon and C.Wright. Grieves possibly didn't want the meeting due to family bereavement.

Howarth score was 4.

Kyle Howarth (Poole/Workington) - X, 3, 1, 0, FX = 4

Woffinden to lead the final, Kennett to knock someone off and Nicholls to take the rerun...

Think Tai might explode I'd that happens again!

Woffinden to lead the final, Kennett to knock someone off and Nicholls to take the rerun...

Think Tai might explode I'd that happens again!

Why isn't Bridger in it, didnt see his name mentioned in the SF either.

He pulled out because he didn't feel it was right to race a year after #RICO death. He said his head and heart wouldn't be in it so he pulled out