British Speedway Forum

British Final 13th May 2013

Thanks. Hope the weather stays fine; could be an interesting one to watch. :approve:

Just had a glance at the BBC specific forecast for Monmore Green http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642314

Present general forecast says:

MONDAY- A bright and largely dry start. Showers will develop through the morning, and continue through the afternoon, but most of these will be light. Feeling chilly in brisk winds.

Think 100% there should be a silence for Rico!! It was 1 year to the day he lost his life and that should be respected.

Couldn't agree more, 100%

This final feels a bit of a damp squib now the wild cards already been announced, is it a coincidence that due to Sky not showing Cardiff that the wildcard element has been removed? I mean Sky aren't going to big up the winner going to Cardiff and then advise you can watch it on Eurosport....

I will still be going but with potential rubbish weather and £20 admission and £4 programme it will be interesting to see the crowd size.

As for winner you have to say Woffy but just as the Under 21 final showed, it all comes down to the last four laps.

As it's a year to the day I agree with both Starman and Gavan - a one minutes silence would show that people still care one year on.

As for the British Final, it's become a little bit insignificant now.

Good Luck to all in the British Final, but who really gives 'a toss now'.. :sad:

I`m damn sure the riders will still be going all out to be British Champion, after all that is the big prize. You can`t tell me they have thought in past years that they only cared about Cardiff.

As for remembering Lee, `kin right we should. It would be bang out of order to hold this meeting on the first anniversary of his passing without doing so.

Fingers crossed for Edward to win this.

Why as Garrity not replace one of the riders. He's young and on top form. He would easily mix it to. He would make great viewing. BSPA ain't got a clue

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Why as Garrity not replace one of the riders. He's young and on top form. He would easily mix it to. He would make great viewing. BSPA ain't got a clue

Because they qualified and he didnt. Stead has pulled out of a meeting injured tonight so there every chance Jason will get a chance anyway, even if only as reserve. And is Richard Hall fit? Edited by SCB

Because they qualified and he didnt. Stead has pulled out of a meeting injured tonight so there every chance Jason will get a chance anyway, even if only as reserve. And is Richard Hall fit?

There out. Haines and howarth riding.

I thought Garrity got a reserve spot. I don't know though. I'll have to check

Yes Garrity got the reserve spot so why is he not riding. Maybe he's refused or as he been bypassed. Would be interesting to know

There out. Haines and howarth riding.

I thought Garrity got a reserve spot. I don't know though. I'll have to check

Yes Garrity got the reserve spot so why is he not riding. Maybe he's refused or as he been bypassed. Would be interesting to know

No he didn't, he lost the run off.