British Speedway Forum

British Final 13th May 2013

As it's a year to the day I agree with both Starman and Gavan - a one minutes silence would show that people still care one year on.

As for the British Final, it's become a little bit insignificant now.

Good Luck to all in the British Final, but who really gives 'a toss now'.. :sad:

Me for one ! I can't recall the last time, if ever, Wolves have had the British Champion.

• Like 1

This is Woffendens biggest chance to date to be British Champion, he has to take the bull by the Horns and go for it... Best wishes also go to our Kyle Howorth..

Pity you can't spell either of their names.

Nevermind, spelling Names has never been my greatest asset. Lets just call it Tai and Kyle and be done with it..

Garrity now riding replacing Stuart Robson who's withdrew with foot injury sustained yesterday

Really pleased with this. He's good round wolves so may sneak a semi spot

Me for one ! I can't recall the last time, if ever, Wolves have had the British Champion.

Have had that conversation in previous years with the club's eminent historian and I think the conclusion was that Wolves have never been able to lay claim to the British title holder. Yet they've had five of the last eight under-21 winners (assets Haines and Woffinden twice each and, perhaps a bit of a stretch, Ben Wilson was doubling up at Monmore when he won in 2006).

Garrity now riding replacing Stuart Robson who's withdrew with foot injury sustained yesterday

Really pleased with this. He's good round wolves so may sneak a semi spot

Thought Garrity rode really well in the U21 at Monmore; seems to have kept the speed and shed some of the rougher edges of his riding (these words could come back to haunt me if he wipes out Woffinden inside a lap!).

Shame that Robbo's had to withdraw from tonight as he's usually good value in the British Final. Looking forward to seeing Garrity given a chance though, looks like one of our brightest prospects at the moment, will be interesting to see what he can do. Was disappointing to read that he couldn't afford to do the world U-21 qualifiers.

Howarth score was 4.

Kyle Howarth (Poole/Workington) - X, 3, 1, 0, FX = 4

Howarth scored 6. X, 3, 1, 2, FX = 6 (Heat 16: King, Howarth, Sneddon, Robson)

When was the last time they had a British rider to be in it?

Looking forward to seeing Garrity given a chance though, looks like one of our brightest prospects at the moment, will be interesting to see what he can do. Was disappointing to read that he couldn't afford to do the world U-21 qualifiers.

For "couldn't afford" read "couldn't be arsed" I rather think?