British Speedway Forum

Gp Qualifying Semi-final Wednesday 7th August Holsted

There is 2 different links to the signing document on the website the left hand one is more recent-Dilger is probably replacing Kylmakorpi.

The excellent speedway.org website has dilger but not Melnychuk riding(press the union flag for english then results and reports then speedway wm quali 2013 )

Edited by racers and royals

There is 2 different links to the signing document on the website the left hand one is more recent-Dilger is probably replacing Kylmakorpi.

The excellent speedway.org website has dilger but not Melnychuk riding(press the union flag for english then results and reports then speedway wm quali 2013 )

It's one hour since i last posted and both documents are saying the same as they did then. However, both could be wrong as i've added the dates and times they were last modified and neither exactly recent.

The left hand one at the top of the article has Joonas Kylmakorpi. (Last modified 12th May 16:27)

http://msc-abensberg...n_List_Race.doc

The right hand one in the side column has an empty space. (Last modified 13th May 21:52)

http://msc-abensberg...n_List_Race.doc

Both have Created 06/05/2013 19:26 and Last Printed 08/05/2013 14:26

So it looks like my earlier post of Dilger coming in at number 9, which was published in several places on the web, could have been right at the time. Also, if the news you obtained is even more up to date then Melnychuk will be replacing Dilger? Ok i'm dizzy lol

gGuess we shall see what the morning brings or 3 minutes before the tapes go up most likely lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Curioser and Curioser the FIM have replaced their 17th May press release starting list with one dated 19th May and in the new one Matej Zagar is moved from number 3 in the riding order and Aleksander Conda is moved in the reverse direction. Max Dilger is listed at 9 in both.

Got the two racecards (basic and dual grid) ready and waiting for the riding order, might not bother if this keeps up lol.

17th May 13:05 http://www.mittelbay...ortnachrichten/ (pages and pages of coverage this last week, just enter speedway into the search box)

"In the field of riders to race there were two very short-term changes. Stanislav Melnychuk from the Ukraine will be replaced by his compatriot Oleksander Loktaev. Unfortunately also had the Finn Joonas Kylmäkorpi, certainly one of the favorites in Abensberg, cancel his participation."

By the way a video preview with Martin Smolinski and two ladies, one particularly 'perky', wearing only body point from the waist up, now maybe that WOULD boost attendances in the UK lol.

http://www.tvaktuell...t-in-abensberg/

UPDATE 12PM UK TIME

I have two racecards standing by for this meeting, the Basic and Dual Grid versions as it's being streamed live on the FIM website. Sadly with just over an hour or so before the meeting there are several conflicting line-ups published on official sites on the internet. If i can't get a confirmed listing before the meeting starts it's unlikely i'll publish either racecard. Best hope is to be prepared to check back just before the meeting starts.

On reflection, if i don't hear anything new shortly before the meeting starts i will go with the OFFICIAL FIM RELEASE 'RIDERS LISTINGS' DATED YESTERDAY, 19th May. I would therefore suggest you download the DUAL GRID version as that is easier to pencil in rider changes. As ever if there is a last second confirmed line-up i'll change the cards.

The FIM issued the following line-up so don't shoot the messenger/racecard compiler if it doesn't even resemble what actually transpires lol.

1.Andrev Karpov

2.Timo Lahti

3.Aleksander Conda

4.Cameron Woodward

5.Tobias Kroner

6.Scott Nicholls

7.Dennis Andersson

8.Maciej Janowski

9.Max Dilger

10.Henry van der Steen

11.Peter Ljung

12.Ales Dryml

13.Oleksandr Loktaev

14.Przemyslaw Pawlicki

15.Matej Zagar

16.Martin Smolinski

Reserve: Marcel Helfer

Reserve: Richard Speiser

Edited by manchesterpaul

The quality of the stream is decent enough to allow full screen, or at least pre-meeting it is lol.

Only seen him once before but that possibly looks like Conda with the number 3 race jacket on the back of the Harley pre-parade. Goodness me dontcha just love this, the graphics pop up for a second saying '3 Martin Smolinksi' whilst the camera zooms in on him clearly wearing the number 16 race jacket. Ok i'm going with the amended FIM line-up from yesterday before i go insane (ok insanER lol).

Edited by manchesterpaul

OK line-ups comfirmed as the FIM amended one i posted yesterday and both racecards are up as of now, be glad if i never see another racecard in my life lol. I'm off to watch the meeting. Loving that i can understand the announcer too. Good Luck to Scott Nicholls.

AVAILABLE NOW FREE DIRECT DOWNLOAD

MiniMax Racecard 2014 Speedway Grand Prix Qualifying Round 1, Abensberg

***NEW TRULY INNOVATIVE***

AVAILABLE NOW FREE DIRECT DOWNLOAD ~~~~~~~ DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2014 Speedway Grand Prix Qualifying Round 1, Abensberg

http://speedway.manc.../racecards.html

Edited by manchesterpaul

Eeeek Scott!

Great stream and big bank holiday crowd

If i remember rightly i think that they let kids under 16 in for free.

Heat 4 a big surprise. Loktaev wins! Smolinski 3rd! (that quietened the crowd they ain't singing anymore sort of thing lol) and Zagar last!

I wonder if the announcer at Berwick (and Poole) will be speaking in more than one language as our German friend here is?

Heat 6 oh well at least Scotty beat Henry van der Steen! ummm applause???

Edited by manchesterpaul

Why has the re-run of Heat 7 been stopped? Didn't see anything wrong at the start.

Starting gate problems

Heat 8 Nice determined win by Smoli in that one.

Heat 9 Ouch! argy bargy between Smolinski and Nicholls the former muscled his way through

Edited by manchesterpaul

Heat 9 Ouch! argy bargy between Smolinski and Nicholls the former muscled his way through

Bet Scott's not happy with that move, Smolinski looked out of control on the bend.

Looks like Dryml's coming alive in the qualifiers once again!

Edited by JamieE

100 % should have been excluded !

A home favourite, he's ever so popular here you know lol.

OMG! it's the body painted ladies going around the track :)

Very nice battle back from Pawlicki, i think Andersson thought he had that locked up.

All four back - Loktaev took it very easy in the first bend of the re-run there....guilty conscience? lol

Scott NIcholls (now 5pts) kept at it around that first bend in Heat 16 and that leaves him in 10th and last qualifying place with one round of races to come. He's got Loktaev (10pts) and Dryml (9pts) in his last race (and Conda 3pts)

Edited by manchesterpaul

Zagar clearly got his act together after his poor first race. That race was the first i can remember being quite so strung out. In heat 18 Andersson (4pts), Dilger (5pts) and Lahti (6pts) all hovering around Nicholls but they do come up against Smolinski.

Smolinski having a rough race there, first being squeezed out and later falling did Nicholls no favours.

Heat 19 Nicholls got the outside gate which has been scoring well.

Looks like if in the last heat Woodward (6pts) and Kroner (6pts) fill the top two positions Nicholls won't qualify. That's presuming i filled in my scorecard correctly so far lol. Nicholls (7pts) needs to hope Pawlicki (11pts) grabs the win. I've not checked the countback if one of the first two mentioned finish on the same as Nicholls. Off hand i can't remember if there is automatically a run-off or if it is on countback.

Nice to see Pawlicki get up after that nasty fall, Scott needs him in the re-run too! UH NO PAWLICKI IN THE RE-RUN.

Alas, curtains for Scott. Good job i was here and not the Sky commentators they wouldn't have had a clue who was going through, or what was at stake for each rider in that last race lol lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul