British Speedway Forum

Gp Qualifying Semi-final Wednesday 7th August Holsted

The first qualifying round takes place in Abensberg on Monday 20th May.

2 more qualifiers follow in June-Saturday 8th in St johann start time 6. 15pm (uk time ) and Saturday 15th in Debrecen. start time 3pm (uk time )

Then just a week later the 2 semi-finals take place on Saturday June 22nd in Lonigo and Esbjerb

Final is at Poole on Saturday August 24th.

Will post Abensberg line up when known-Smolinski,Kroner,Andersson,Ljung and Van Der Steen already named.

Looks as if it`s the top 10 from each of the qualifiers go to the semi`s-1 local wildcard at Lonigo and Esbjerb

Edited by racers and royals

Good Question- Is Tai Woffinden going to do it ? It`s worth remembering that if we don`t get a finalist through the qualifiers,we get a wildcard for the Poole final.

With his excellent form he would surely get a GP wild card if he fell away later in the season or got a knock like Darcy Ward. He's proved he is worthy of a GP pick.

The Swedish might be panicking as Lindgren, Lindback and AJ are struggling.

Abensberg line-up

1 Karpov

2 Lahti

3 Zagar

4 Woodward

5 Kroner

6 Nicholls

7 Andersson

8 Janowski

9 TBA Finnish rider ?

10 Van Der Steen

11 Ljung

12 A Dryml

13 Loktaev

14 Prem Pawlicki

15 Conda

16 Smolinski

RES

17 Dilger

18 Helfer

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

UK start times for these three meetings (with mainland Europe being one hour ahead and UTC/GMT one hour behind) should be

Abensberg 1pm (incidentally at 2pm the World Cup qualifying round in Hungary takes place between the hosts, USA, Italy and France)

St Johaan 6pm

Debrecen 3pm

By the way R & R, next time you log on can you edit your post because it contains 7 screens of blank white space lol :)

By the way R & R, next time you log on can you edit your post because it contains 7 screens of blank white space lol :)

R & R if you don't what caused the 7 screens of blank space there is a likely correction. Place your cursor after the 'r' of 'helfer' then hold down the left mouse button and scroll down to the end of the box selecting the empty space and then press delete.

Abensberg line-up

1 Karpov

2 Lahti

3 Zagar

4 Woodward

5 Kroner

6 Nicholls

7 Andersson

8 Janowski

9 TBA Finnish rider ?

10 Van Der Steen

11 Ljung

12 A Dryml

13 Loktaev

14 Prem Pawlicki

15 Conda

16 Smolinski

RES

17 Dilger

18 Helfer

Hey R&R see how easy it is to un-inconvenience people it took me about 2 seconds to remove 7 screen worths of empty space lol ;)

Changes to the above line-up leave the field as such, hopefully no injuries today in Poland if any riders involved in that league.

1. Andrei KARPOV

2. Timo LAHTI

3. Matej ZAGAR??? (FIM have changed this to Alexander CONDA in a replacement press release - see post further below)

4. Cameron WOODWARD

5. Tobias KRONER

6. Scott NICHOLLS

7. Dennis ANDERSSON

8. Maciej JANOWSKI

9. Max DILGER

10. Henry van der STEEN

11. Peter LJUNG

12. Ales DRYML

13. Aleksandr LOKTAEV

14. Przemyslaw PAWLICKI

15. Aleksander CONDA??? (FIM have changed this to Matej ZAGAR in a replacement press release - see post further below)

16. Martin SMOLINSKI

Res. Marcel HELFER

Res. Richard SPEISER

F.I.M. website advertising live stream of Abensberg http://www.fim-live.com/en/

What a superb spot. Thank you as this looks an interesting meeting with a smattering of top riders too.

If i can grab the time tonight i'll cobble together a racecard for the meeting for those who can get to watch it online.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Abensberg reckon that Melnychuk replaces Loktaev

Cool i'll keep an eye on that.

Has anyone confirmed that it's 5 to go through and no restrictions on a maximum number of qualifiers per nation as in the European championship? I'm presuming yes on both counts.

I'll probably do a couple of racecards although they'll likely be most used by our European friends as i'm guessing it's a Holiday Monday in Europe with SGPQR and World Cup qualifying meetings going on.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Cool i'll keep an eye on that.

Has anyone confirmed that it's 5 to go through and no restrictions on a maximum number of qualifiers per nation as in the European championship? I'm presuming yes on both counts.

I'll probably do a couple of racecards although they'll likely be most used by our European friends as i'm guessing it's a Holiday Monday in Europe with SGPQR and World Cup qualifying meetings going on.

Have a look at the OP for the qualification details

Have a look at the OP for the qualification details

Lol sorry that's me doing rough maths and getting 15 riders plus a host rider covering TWO semi-finals!!! I hadn't harked back to the original post because i remember you saying "Looks as if........" and my memory is used to 5 riders tending to go through so overlooked you stating 10.

I wonder if Max Dilger has had a late injury, only checking his website he states that he is starting tomorrow. However, that was published Friday. I also took a glance at the Abensberg site and their rider sign in document, but that has a blank space at number 9 and Dilger still in the reserve position. Several other sources on the web all have Dilger at number 9. Oh well off to have me din-dins and watch the 5-5 United match, i'll check again later tonight.

Instant Update Edit

I just refreshed the riders signing on list before closing it and they've updated it to show Joonas Kylmäkorpi at number 9 and Max Dilger in the reserve position.

As racers and royals has pointed out below there are two links to supposedly the same document and they contain different line-ups. See my post below for the differences.

it's a document obviously and not a webpage so if you click on it it will download or open as word document. If you prefer the webpage that the link is on that's this link below

http://msc-abensberg.de/hp402/Speedway.htm

Edited by manchesterpaul