British Speedway Forum

World U21 Final Round Terenzano Saturday September 14th

Just looked in on the scores - a big pat on the back to Kyle for his great score and putting in a real challenge.

I hope Adam enjoyed the experience and has put a valuable lesson in the memory bank. His time will come of that I have no doubt.

Didnt realise first up that JoJo got a few rides too.

Need to say 'well done boy' or his dad would never forgiveme!!

Some truely fantastic racing last night,some savage first bends and some breathtaking overtakes.Pawlicki was a worthy winner,his ovetake on Dudek in Ht18 was incredible.Felt for Gomolski as if it hadnt been for a first ride exclusion he could very well have been the winner on the night himself.Lebedevs was very entertaining to say the least.

Proves once and for all the even when Shielfield Park is prepared on the slick side you can still race,maybe a dvd should be winging its way to the Berwick riders to give them a clue.

This promotion has done wonders to bring Berwick Speedway kicking and screaming into the 21st Century,they have now proved,not for the first time that they are more than capable of hosting the very best of meetings.Sadly IMO they are being let down by the meeting presentation on these big occasions,we have track and facilities ready for a modern era,yet the presentation is straight out of the 70s.On a normal PL night its fine but when the great and the good of the FIM and BSPA are there just something more up to date mightve caught the eye and left a lasting memory when these types of meetings are handed out in the future.

Some truely fantastic racing last night,some savage first bends and some breathtaking overtakes.Pawlicki was a worthy winner,his ovetake on Dudek in Ht18 was incredible.Felt for Gomolski as if it hadnt been for a first ride exclusion he could very well have been the winner on the night himself.Lebedevs was very entertaining to say the least.

Proves once and for all the even when Shielfield Park is prepared on the slick side you can still race,maybe a dvd should be winging its way to the Berwick riders to give them a clue.

This promotion has done wonders to bring Berwick Speedway kicking and screaming into the 21st Century,they have now proved,not for the first time that they are more than capable of hosting the very best of meetings.Sadly IMO they are being let down by the meeting presentation on these big occasions,we have track and facilities ready for a modern era,yet the presentation is straight out of the 70s.On a normal PL night its fine but when the great and the good of the FIM and BSPA are there just something more up to date mightve caught the eye and left a lasting memory when these types of meetings are handed out in the future.

some of the music played at Berwick is to be perfectly honest.......Crap !!!

when you look at the presentation at Newcastle with probably the worst centre green presenter in the western world you have nothing to complain about

What i loved about this meeting was that the racing gave me and mates so much to talk about during intervals didn't actually pay any attention to dick barrie :D

Very well done Berwick and all involved.

With some of the overtaking moves I was still trying to catch my breath in the breaks.

The FIM had their cameras there,which will end up on their website.For those who wasnt there can I just tip a wink to go and have a look at some of the racing.

As a first-time visitor from Devon, I imagined I was back at the County Ground. A stupendous track produced tough racing favouring the brave. Stadium is clean and bright with great viewing facilities. The crowd was vibrant and enthusiastic with the large Polish presence and Dick Barrie held the show together with humour and insightful information. Well worth the trip, even if the rider I was following (MBJ) missed out on the podium. Full marks to everyone, FIM, BSPA, Berwick and the young riders.

Edited by Lord Antebellum
  • Like 6

As a first-time visitor from Devon, I imagined I was back at the County Ground. A stupendous track produced tough racing favouring the brave. Stadium is clean and bright with great viewing facilities. The crowd was vibrant and enthusiastic with the large Polish presence and Dick Barrie held the show together with humour and insightful information. Well worth the trip, even if the rider I was following (MBJ) missed out on the podium. Full marks to everyone, FIM, BSPA, Berwick and the young riders.

Really nice comments to make there, and I'm sure all us Berwick fans and the Club Management appreciate this.

Also, I think it is an event where Dick Barrie's experience really comes to the fore. He has so much information at his fingertips that he really does keep things moving along very nicely.

I'm not really sure what some are looking for in terms of presentation. The incredible boredom of fireworks?

Invest in large screens at either bend?

Cheerleaders?

Certainly a new PA system would make a huge difference.

Presentation is clear, knowledgeable, and apposite.

Just enough to assist the racing which was certainly the main attraction!

Really nice comments to make there, and I'm sure all us Berwick fans and the Club Management appreciate this.

Also, I think it is an event where Dick Barrie's experience really comes to the fore. He has so much information at his fingertips that he really does keep things moving along very nicely.

I'm not really sure what some are looking for in terms of presentation. The incredible boredom of fireworks?

Invest in large screens at either bend?

Cheerleaders?

Certainly a new PA system would make a huge difference.

Presentation is clear, knowledgeable, and apposite.

Just enough to assist the racing which was certainly the main attraction!

Unfortunately to many of the regular posters on this forum these words are meaningless!! :D
  • Like 1

Excellent meeting with some class young talent on show ,full marks to Kyle Howorth he was brilliant and certainly was not outclassed in this company.Unfortunately it did show how far Britain has slipped in world terms .Howorth apart and young Elliss it is hard to see where the YOUNG talent will come from it will take a few years hard work to produce some in my opinion and these countries that were represented at Berwick are churning them out.Berwick Management deserve a big pat on the back regarding overall Presention and Facilities they were excellent and very Professional.

• Like 3

I'm still quivering, nearly two days after the event!

Let no-one complain that there is only one line, and no passing possibilities at Shielfield Park.

Possibly the most 'perfect' speedway meeting I've ever witnessed.

Well done Berwick, on every aspect of a wonderful night.

• Like 3

I'm still quivering, nearly two days after the event!

Let no-one complain that there is only one line, and no passing possibilities at Shielfield Park.

Possibly the most 'perfect' speedway meeting I've ever witnessed.

Well done Berwick, on every aspect of a wonderful night.

It really was breath-taking.

Hopefully shows a certain minority on here in the appropriate light.

You know; lacking ambition, poor presentation, poor track, one racing line, nothing's ever right, brigade.

:rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sportowef...ydarzenie/16140

Try this R&R.

Now you owe ME a Beer! :)

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave-as I know what you drink I think we will each buy our own :lol:

Live updates from 8pm uk time here http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/16140

Edited by racers and royals