British Speedway Forum

World U21 Final Round Terenzano Saturday September 14th

From Berwick release (news also on BSPA website):

The biggest-ever speedway event in the north-east will be staged at Shielfield Park, Berwick-upon-Tweed in three days time – on Saturday, August 10th – and locally-based Frenchman DAVID BELLEGO will be racing, taking on the best young riders in the world!

This will be the second leg of the FIM World U-21 Championship Final, featuring riders from Poland, Denmark, France, Britain, Latvia and the Czech Republic, and will attract potentially the biggest speedway attendance at the border arena since the millennium.

“We are delighted to learn of David – who lives in Berwick-upon-Tweed during the racing season – getting a late call-up to replace Russian rider Vladimir Borodulin, who has suffered a racing injury” said Bandit’s co-promoter Dennis McCleary.

David Bellego came to Berwick last season, and has quickly achieved pop-idol status among the fans.

From Marmande in France, David first appeared briefly in British racing at Glasgow in 2011, joining the Bandits on a full-time basis last season.

“This is a great honour for David of course, and will do wonders for the stature of French speedway, as well as for us here in the borders” announced Berwick co-promoter Ryan Anderson.

“We have travelling fans coming from all over Europe – as well as from throughout the UK -- to see the racing, and of course visit the town".

“We are so proud the FIM, and the British authorities, have awarded us this huge event”.

“I take it as a massive compliment to our amazing staff, who worked miracles in staging our first FIM international meeting last season despite heavy rain before and during racing”.

“We received so many compliments on the quality and work ethic of our track-staff, and on our overall presentation of the event – but to be awarded another, even-more-important, FIM meeting so soon is really quite an honour”.

“Speedway is without doubt helping to put Berwick-upon-Tweed pretty firmly on the map!”

The FIM (Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme) who control motor-cycle sport of all disciplines worldwide, and are controlling the event alongside the BSPA (British Speedway Promoters Association) have announced what are very reasonable admission charges.

Adults will pay £20, with concessions £16, children 12-16 £6, 11 and under free. Turnstiles open from 5pm.

The full list of competitors, and their riding order, was confirmed as follows:

1 Artur Czaja (Poland), 2. Piotr Pawlicki (Poland), 3. Kacper Gomolski (Poland), 4. Vaclav Milik (Czech Republic), 5. Nichlas Porsing (Denmark), 6. Lasse Bjerre (Denmark), 7. Patryk Dudek (Poland), 8. Adam Strzelec (Poland), 9. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark), 10. Adam Ellis (Great Britain), 11. David Bellego (France), 12. Mikkel Bech (Denmark), 13. Bartosz Zmarzlik (Poland), 14. Kyle Howarth (Great Britain), 15. Nikolaj Jakobsen (Denmark), 16. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia), 17. Robert Branford (Great Britain) and 18. Joe Jacobs (Great Britain).

Giving the form that Bellegos in at the minute,hes every chance of winning on the night.Infact I think he will,what the hell go Bellego.

From what I saw of DB last night at Swindon,and the company he beat,hes got every chance.Very impressive!

• Like 1

From what I saw of DB last night at Swindon,and the company he beat,hes got every chance.Very impressive!

In general Bellego has been impressive for most of this season,particularly at Berwick,which is why I think he can shock the speedway world and take tomorrows meeting.

what's the weather report for tomorrow ?

Shouldnt be any problems weatherwise,Monday was a wet day but apart from that its been mostly dry and reasonably warm this week.Forecast overnight is dry and mild,tomorrow will be a mostly dry day,chance of a shower or two in the afternoon but these will be scattered so we are just as likely to miss them than get them.

I will post a weather update as regular as is needed,but I cant see there being any problems.

Perfect start to the day in Berwick, cant envisage any weather problems. Looks like the sun will be out and we are set fair for a great meeting. Dudek the obvious favourite for me but Bellego will be tough to beat on his own turf with The Czeck also one to watch imo. All in all should be a great meeting and lets hope all riders get through unscathed and the best man wins.

Dry in Berwick overnight,chance of a shower this afternoon but it wont amount to much,so we are all set fait for a cracking nights speedway.

As a result of an accident last night Armadale there`ll be a change at meeting reserve with Robert Branford suffering an arm/elbow injury.

Is Wells a prime example? it does not matter how many times you ride there sometimes you might not have your home track as a favourite Berwick certainly is a unique track i would imagine hard to master.

Some away teams this seasons have found it all to easy to master. :blink:

• Like 1