British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Glasgow (lc) 10/5/13 @ 7.30pm

I hope ML is back soon - she's much missed on this forum.

With the now-found sense of humour from the Edinburgh fans, can we expect a "Edinburgh 2014 Wooden Spoonists?" thread in the coming months? ;)

All the best

Rob

Nah never gonna happen i am afraid, we are too polite in the East it would be a metal ladle instead :rofl:

Well another comprehensive defeat at Armadale . Not a lot to say about it , the Monarchs were just too good for us again . We tried hard , but found the going as tough as ever . James Wright inflicting a rare Armadale defeat on Craig Cook was our only real highlight .

Not won of the most entertaining meetings at the dale tonight with the heavy shower before the meeting which made the track very heavy and deep but through to the semi finals of the cup which is all that matters.

The boys in blue & Gold just to strong for the tiggers again tonight even with an under performing skipper and a p!sh poor reserve in Helfer. I'm sorry but i think i have seen enough of him and i think there will be a replacement coming in pretty soon.

Just thought i would give Mr Tabaka a special mention as he made it look so easy tonight just different class.

Not won of the most entertaining meetings at the dale tonight with the heavy shower before the meeting which made the track very heavy and deep but through to the semi finals of the cup which is all that matters.

The boys in blue & Gold just to strong for the tiggers again tonight even with an under performing skipper and a p!sh poor reserve in Helfer. I'm sorry but i think i have seen enough of him and i think there will be a replacement coming in pretty soon.

Just thought i would give Mr Tabaka a special mention as he made it look so easy tonight just different class.

... And the total score of the Tigers newbies was? ;)

To be honest I have seen enough of the two of them !!

Agree about Helfer , he looked absolutely woeful . Both his points were gifts after Horwood fell in heat 2 , and Ringwood was excluded in heat 11 . Though what was going on with Ringwood in that race , i don't know , as he looked ill at ease with the outside starting position from the start and then had a complete nightmare race , after looking pretty good in his previous two races .

Out of the three new Aussies on show , i still think Ringwood has the best chance of achieving anything in the sport . Though to be fair , the Golden Child is improving while Horwood continues to struggle badly away from Ashfield .

Grieves looked a bit subdued , probably understandable following the death of his grandfather , Screen and Wright both had their moments , but on the whole it was deja vu at the Dump for the small band of Tigers' fans on the third bend .

Our use of the t/r had me scratching my head . After a horror start we found ourselves 18-6 down after 4 heats . But with Screen , granted he was disappointing in heat 1 , out against Pijper and the Golden Child there was the prospect of at least a 6-3 . I think these things should be used at the earliest opportunity , especially as you're restricted to between heat 5 and heat 12 , but we resisted till Ringwood in heat 8 . Though any t/r wouldn't really have had much impact on the final score .

How has Fricke done generally?i would imagine as a home track Armadale it is quite technical hard to ride for a young rider.Your side look like they are going to have a good decent season i can't remember to many poor Edinburgh teams in recent years always thereabouts,s.

How has Fricke done generally?i would imagine as a home track Armadale it is quite technical hard to ride for a young rider.Your side look like they are going to have a good decent season i can't remember to many poor Edinburgh teams in recent years always thereabouts,s.

Has done pretty well IMO he struggled around the dale a little the first week but he has now got to grips with the place he is doing well. Now that he has found his gating gloves he is beginning to score points home and away which is really good. Think when Tabaka moves up into the main body of the team going to reserve will be very good for him.

He's improving without looking terribly exciting . Armadale is a devilishly difficult track for visiting riders , there's a long list of decent riders who never look comfortable round there . This year Edinburgh have a decent side , though even a poor Monarchs side doesn't lose too many at home . But certainly this year 20+ margin of victories will be the norm . How this Monarchs team copes with life away from their home comfort zone will decide if they will be genuine title contenders . But certainly an almost perfect home record will take you pretty close to the play-offs .

Armadale is a devilishly difficult track for visiting riders , there's a long list of decent riders who never look comfortable round there .

I'm not sure who would be on a list of decent riders who never look comfortable at Armadale. The point is that decent riders DO get round Armadale, it's the duffers who don't. And that includes a few of Edinburgh's own tail enders over the years.

• Like 1

I'm not sure who would be on a list of decent riders who never look comfortable at Armadale. The point is that decent riders DO get round Armadale, it's the duffers who don't. And that includes a few of Edinburgh's own tail enders over the years.

Darcy Ward didn't appear to take to it like a duck to water

• Like 1

I've noticed on the Glasgow website that they haven't put up reports from either Edinburgh match so far this season but have done it for every other match is there is reason for this that anyone knows about?

Edited by Mr Blobby

I've noticed on the Glasgow website that they haven't put up reports from either Edinburgh match so far this season but have done it for every other match is there is reason for this that anyone knows about?

If we blank it out of our mind , then maybe it never happened .

• Like 1

It is a huge learning curve for Max.

The young man has taken a big step coming over to the UK to kick start his racing career. The lad is still growing and as he develops physically his racing will benefit.

That said Max has a very smooth style and rarely looks out of control on the Armadale circuit no mean achievement given many more experienced riders cannot cope with the skill requirement of the Armadale circuit.

Could his scores be better? Of course they could but the lad is learning to adjust his racing style to the type of racing required over here as well as sharpening up aspects of his talent e.g gating.

This season in general will be a huge learning experience both on and off track for Max, but if history tells us anything about Max is that he has always found a way to win when he has been against the odds e.g. going into the backyard of Arthur Sissis to win a state championship and the backyard of others to win the Aussie under 21 title.

Edited by SCOTLAND1314

It is a huge learning curve for Max.

The young man has taken a big step coming over to the UK to kick start his racing career. The lad is still growing and as he develops physically his racing will benefit.

That said Max has a very smooth style and rarely looks out of control on the Armadale circuit no mean achievement given many more experienced riders cannot cope with the skill requirement of the Armadale circuit.

Could his scores be better? Of course they could but the lad is learning to adjust his racing style to the type of racing required over here as well as sharpening up aspects of his talent e.g gating.

This season in general will be a huge learning experience both on and off track for Max, but if history tells us anything about Max is that he has always found a way to win when he has been against the odds e.g. going into the backyard of Arthur Sissis to win a state championship and the backyard of others to win the Aussie under 21 title.

He rode steady, smooth and without much effort at our place a few weeks ago, when we allowed him to practice after our meeting. He had both his parents in the pits watching him on track..

He rode steady, smooth and without much effort at our place a few weeks ago, when we allowed him to practice after our meeting. He had both his parents in the pits watching him on track..

For someone so young he is smooth and effortless on the bike rides sensibly and will be a very good rider with a season under his belt. A Great talent IMO.Reminds me of Leigh Adams when he first arrived doesn't make rash moves.

Three appearances in 2009, none since.

First time crashed in his second ride, injured - 1 point

Second time 8 points

Third time 11 points

That was at age 17. Not especially bad really.

Three appearances in 2009, none since.

First time crashed in his second ride, injured - 1 point

Second time 8 points

Third time 11 points

That was at age 17. Not especially bad really.

In other words more fairy stories from the resident Weegie Mythman, aka Paulco :rofl: