British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Glasgow (lc) 10/5/13 @ 7.30pm

The scotwaste monarchs welcome their friends from the west the Glasgow tigers for some league cup action. This will be the monarchs first home match for 2 weeks as last weeks visit of Scunthorpe was called off due to bad weather in the Armadale area. Maximum points for the boys in the blue and gold will see them safely through to the next round of the cup.

Monarchs win for me by at least 20 points.

The line ups for Friday:

Edinburgh 'Scotwaste' Monarchs

1. Craig Cook
  2. Derek Sneddon ©
  3. Theo Pijper
  4. Max Fricke
  5. Claus Vissing
  6. Marcel Helfer
  7. Jozsef Tabaka

Glasgow 'Western Commercial' Tigers

1. Joe Screen ©
  2. Joey Ringwood
  3. James Wright
  4. Henning Bager
  5. James Grieves
  6. Harley Horwood
  7. Joe Jacobs

Edited by Mr Blobby

This could be closer than some reckon, and if Vissing is missing or not fully fit, then it could go either way.

Ringwood certainly seemed at home with his impressive win in his last ride in April and Screen is surely due a decent meeting at the Dale.

For the home side a lot might depend on Fricke continuing his steady improvement, and Helfer being competitive, instead of trundling round, well behind the rest.

Tigers to rock the speedway world and inflict a shock home defeat on the self proclaimed Champions elect .

You're hitting the Buckfast and Mad Dog Coladas a bit early aren't you PC?! ;) I don't know where you're getting aw this 'self proclaimed champions elect' cobblers from tbh as i havn't seen any evidence of this from the blue & gold faithful. :unsure: Still, you lot at the new super improved Possildome have to get your wooden spoons out of the drawer for a workout sometime eh? :P Personally i think we have a good team that are more than capable of figuring at the business end of things this season,but we shall see as there's a fair way to go yet.. Here's hoping for a nice dry evening,some great racing and a victory for Embra natch :approve: Bring it oan Tiggers :drink:

Edited by Young51

Tigers to rock the speedway world and inflict a shock home defeat on the self proclaimed Champions elect .

With some of the home riders carrying injury, lack of form and the away riders putting in some decent scores this fixture could well be closer than the one run earlier in the season.

Roll on Friday...

I'm particularly interested in seeing how Joe Jacobs fairs.

By all accounts ( what I've read) it seems he's starting to show some form at Ashfield and with a visit to Armadale under his belt already he might get a few points more than we're used to from a reserve.

He'll do we'll to beat Joe Tabaka in a head to head though.

I'm particularly interested in seeing how Joe Jacobs fairs.

By all accounts ( what I've read) it seems he's starting to show some form at Ashfield and with a visit to Armadale under his belt already he might get a few points more than we're used to from a reserve.

He'll do we'll to beat Joe Tabaka in a head to head though.

Jacobs won't get near Tabaka even the heat leaders will find it hard to beat wee Joe if he is on song.

Between the 3 new boys a think they will score under 8 between them.

Edited by Mr Blobby

You're hitting the Buckfast and Mad Dog Coladas a bit early aren't you PC?! ;) I don't know where you're getting aw this 'self proclaimed champions elect' cobblers from tbh as i havn't seen any evidence of this from the blue & gold faithful. :unsure:

I refer you back to the cold , dark , horrible winter months on here . Everybody had their own wee team thread of signing announcements and speculation and rumour . We had Redcar 2013 , Rye House 2013 , Somerset 2013 etc , etc , you get the drift .

However , the humble offering from the eastern end of the M8 proudly claimed , Edinburgh Champions 2013 :o .

• Like 6

I refer you back to the cold , dark , horrible winter months on here . Everybody had their own wee team thread of signing announcements and speculation and rumour . We had Redcar 2013 , Rye House 2013 , Somerset 2013 etc , etc , you get the drift .

However , the humble offering from the eastern end of the M8 proudly claimed , Edinburgh Champions 2013 :o .

Naughty Naughty Paulco the title actually read "Edinburgh Champions 2013 ? :lol: " but what is a question mark between rivals.

I thought it would be a bit of a laugh but obviously it rankled with some.

All the best and good luck tonight

Mike

• Like 2

I refer the right Honorable Gentleman back to the answer Ekimba gave some moments ago! ;) I know you were only winding it on PC..where is the famous Glesgae West Coast humour/banter i've heard so much about? ;) Obviously coming from the East we're not allowed to have one.. :P Here's to a good safe meeting,plenty good natured banter,a few swallys and an Embra victory of course! :cheers:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

Edinburgh must be in with a shout for silverware this season, quite a few of their old faithfuls popping back up on this here forum, you wait before too long Midnight Lady will be showing face :D :D

I hope ML is back soon - she's much missed on this forum.

With the now-found sense of humour from the Edinburgh fans, can we expect a "Edinburgh 2014 Wooden Spoonists?" thread in the coming months? ;)

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

I hope ML is back soon - she's much missed on this forum.

With the now-found sense of humour from the Edinburgh fans, can we expect a "Edinburgh 2014 Wooden Spoonists?" thread in the coming months? ;)

All the best

Rob

Is that one not reserved by your 'other' team ;-) ?

Edited by SCOTLAND1314