British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

len silver wont like that idea! :wink:

Joking and absent riders aside, I am not sure that there is much difference between the call off at Belle Vue and the call off at Rye House on Saturday.

I certainly know Plymouth fans who had booked accommodation so they could travel on to Newcastle the next day.

EDIT: Beat me to it, Dave.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

I am sat in the hotel opposite the stadium,with my friends. we are totally peed off. £75 in fuel £90 for hotel between us plus food and drink. went over to track at 6-15 tofind it all locked up and not a soul to be seen, the weather was dry. The ptomoters were sat in the hotel with members of the council. They said it was the water main. I wish I had known about the riders missing at the time. Another waste of money, at least the riders will be reimburst unlike us supporters. Rant over.

Joking and absent riders aside, I am not sure that there is much difference between the call off at Belle Vue and the call off at Rye House on Saturday.

I certainly know Plymouth fans who had booked accommodation so they could travel on to Newcastle the next day.

EDIT: Beat me to it, Dave.

i agree, the BSPA should have sent a local referee to rye on saturday to check the state of the track.

I am sat in the hotel opposite the stadium,with my friends. we are totally peed off. £75 in fuel £90 for hotel between us plus food and drink. went over to track at 6-15 tofind it all locked up and not a soul to be seen, the weather was dry. The ptomoters were sat in the hotel with members of the council. They said it was the water main. I wish I had known about the riders missing at the time. Another waste of money, at least the riders will be reimburst unlike us supporters. Rant over.

Why go to Belle Vue?

It's a terrible track, Sometimes the meeting is off regardless of whether it rains.

Next time, Save up your money and come to Peterborough and watch a fantastic meeting on a fantastic race track which will result in a meeting almost certainly being on unless there is heavy showers.

Regards.

I would suggest you write to the BV promotion. Do you have fuel reciepts and hotel reciepts??

Why go to Belle Vue?

It's a terrible track, Sometimes the meeting is off regardless of whether it rains.

Next time, Save up your money and come to Peterborough and watch a fantastic meeting on a fantastic race track which will result in a meeting almost certainly being on unless there is heavy showers.

Regards.

edited for you..

(and your almost guaranteed to pick up a minimum three points).. :wink:

• Like 1

i agree, the BSPA should have sent a local referee to rye on saturday to check the state of the track.

I think the difference is Poole have gone nuts (utterly justifiably) and they were actually at the track, where as Plymouth haven't and weren't.

Its still a match that was called off completely unnecessarily, though, without any thought for the paying spectator.

I had planned to go to Rye House in late May; I will be going to Eastbourne (whose weather forecast on Saturday was exactly the same) instead.

I think the difference is Poole have gone nuts (utterly justifiably) and they were actually at the track, where as Plymouth haven't and weren't.

Its still a match that was called off completely unnecessarily, though, without any thought for the paying spectator.

I had planned to go to Rye House in late May; I will be going to Eastbourne (whose weather forecast on Saturday was exactly the same) instead.

living in london i have the same decision to make most saturdays, do i go to rye house or or eastbourne. in dodgy weather i always go to eastbourne, because i know that uncle bob will make every effort to get the meeting on if there is any wet stuff.

So, the Belle Vue management have alienated Lakeside fans by poaching Richie Worrall and Poole fans with this little stunt.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, where will their bricks come from now. :o

• Like 2

Why go to Belle Vue?

Regards.

I will be there in a couple of weeks when the pirates are in town

I will be there in a couple of weeks when the pirates are in town

Good lad. :wink:

I can't stand promotions that don't try and run the meeting at all cost, Fans have planned their day, Spent travel costs and sometimes the meeting is off due to a dodgy weather forecast but luckily the Panthers management don't seem to do that.