British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

Never thought to check if the meeting was on considering the weather today, was suprised on arriving and seeing the meeting off sign, i saw a couple with blue and white anoraks near the pit gate, my first thought was i hope theyre not poole fans. Just when we start to get a feelgood factor and the team giving us something to cheer this happens, it appears any feelgood factor is not meant to last at this club, we dont get anywhere near the amount of meetings we used to get years ago therefore the season always appears short these days, but with no home meeting until may 20th it will be easy for people to get out of the habit of going to speedway, no wonder the sports dying on its feet with crowds less than many conference league sides. Whatever the cause this is one PR disaster.

Also if anyone has a burst pipe at home the first thing you do is turn off the supply???

• Like 1

It's lucky that BV don't have a history of calling off meetings in shambolic circumstances.............oh, hold on.............

Poor surface, no electric, too dusty, ash cloud, injured riders I could go on. It happens at all tracks not just Belle Vue, but like I've said it gives you lot something to do.

I think the ash cloud was our fault if I remember rightly.

Poor surface, no electric, too dusty, ash cloud, injured riders I could go on. It happens at all tracks not just Belle Vue, but like I've said it gives you lot something to do.

I think the ash cloud was our fault if I remember rightly.

Nice try, but BV have deserved their reputation as shambolic, time and time again with late and dodgy call-offs, they didn't even bother to finish the fixtures last year for gods sake.

Feel for the riders who have spent time flying from Poland only to find the meeting has been called off.

Really, i feel for the fans who drove all the way up from poole. The riders will know doubt have their flights paid for, will the fans be re-embursed for a wasted trip??

• Like 2

Really, i feel for the fans who drove all the way up from poole. The riders will know doubt have their flights paid for, will the fans be re-embursed for a wasted trip??

We all know the answer to that one. And some still wonder why speedway in this country is dying on it's ar$e.

Well as a belle Vue fan I hope the BSPA take action. Today was. Joke. Track was perfectly fine with a little bit of water put down for the photo

We all know our top 2 missed flights. So for the sake of ringing Garrity and another to guest to ask to ride for our missing to we are now gonna get a substantial fine and deducted points and prob gifting Poole 4 points all because of our clueless management

Sorry to all fans and riders that arrived. Gutted for you. Let hope belle Vue reimburse you

• Like 8

Feel for the riders who have spent time flying from Poland only to find the meeting has been called off.

About time someone checked up on iffy call offs.

Delighted to read this.

They need to do the same with Rye House v Plymouth last weekend too.

The fans must also protest - but will the BSPA or S-lackofC-B will do anything about it - but if fans don't protest then it gives them enough scope to sweep this inconvenience under the carpet. Do yuo really think it will make the nationals? Perhaps the National Hairdressers weekly :).