British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

A line needs to be drawn into the sand. Forget what's happened previously, then advise teams that they must do their utmost to get meetings on or face severe punishment.

Could have ridden it with the cones out like the Brummies fixture last year. Nobody moaned about that did they.

Well apart from Patrick.

Not seen any that the Poole team took. I don't think Holder ever got there. Even Belle Vue aren't that dumb. They'd call it of before they arrived to cover their tracks.

I notice on the intial press release, it was postponed due to waterlogged track.. it was only after the outcry regarding the missing riders that it suddenly changed to a 'burst pipe' and this picture surfaced.

Not seen any that the Poole team took. I don't think Holder ever got there. Even Belle Vue aren't that dumb. They'd call it of before they arrived to cover their tracks.

I notice on the intial press release, it was postponed due to waterlogged track.. it was only after the outcry regarding the missing riders that it suddenly changed to a 'burst pipe' and this picture surfaced.

Darcy and Chris have both posted a photo and Rohan has said when he got there the track was fine apart from a little water on bend 2 that looked like it was drying out.

Chris Holder on twitter:-

Chris Holder@Chris_Holder23 1h

So magic miss flight, we get fined, race and lose... Belle vue boys miss flight cancel meeting... Okkkkay

Says it all really. Does anyone really believe B.V's pathetic excuse ? Or to put it another way. would the meeting have been cancelled it had been Chris and Darcy that missed their flights instead of Zagar and Zorro ?

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

As I have said this, happened at the old track and created a dangerous patch the couldn't safely have been ridden on.

Belle Vue have confirmed a similar situation here. I don't think we could have rode next week if we had a planned fixture as it can take a lot of work to remove all the sodden material. Anyhow we'll push on, gutted obviously.

Give you guys something to chew on once again. We didn't get pages and pages about the Peterborough track last week, just another injured Ace, but hey ho that's life.

Would have been interesting if this had been the tv match.......

would simply have shown up british speedway (once again) for the joke it is....

lovely evening in manchester, ideal for speedway.... :shock:

• Like 1

Give you guys something to chew on once again. We didn't get pages and pages about the Peterborough track last week, just another injured Ace, but hey ho that's life.

It's lucky that BV don't have a history of calling off meetings in shambolic circumstances.............oh, hold on.............

• Like 7

As I have said this, happened at the old track and created a dangerous patch the couldn't safely have been ridden on.

Belle Vue have confirmed a similar situation here. I don't think we could have rode next week if we had a planned fixture as it can take a lot of work to remove all the sodden material. Anyhow we'll push on, gutted obviously.

Heat 14 was race of the decade, The track was fine.

• Like 1