British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe V Workington - Tuesday, April 30th (premier League) (7.30pm) Live On Sky Sports

Howe knew he should have been excluded, that was a ridiculous decision from the ref, which cost us a point. But we still took 2 points back to Worky which was the right call, Scunny were never out of our sights , makes me laugh when people say about the guests playing a big part, every team in speedway have guests , Worky are no different, just this time we have had two class acts , thank you Cookie and Micky :approve::t:

Have you ever seen Lawson and Mills around Scunny??

• Like 1

it is a good track yes but why do people insist that a fast track must be good racing!!! basically if you were off gate 4 and in the dirt that was it!!

best racer we have ever seen in my opinion is Mark Loram and to watch him ride eastbourne and wolves was a joy to behold. lets get away from fast tracks make good racing!

Off gate 4 and that was it? What gate was cook off in Heat 15. Gate 1. There was an inside line, to well dive bomb if you could make it.

As for the heat 15, the ref got it wrong. Tai actually changed or backtracked on his opinion after another replay. Game of opinions, but I'm not really sure what Dyer did.

Why argue, there was more positives and selling points for British speedway last night. Perfect no: more positives absolutely

• Like 1

Off gate 4 and that was it? What gate was cook off in Heat 15. Gate 1. There was an inside line, to well dive bomb if you could make it.

As for the heat 15, the ref got it wrong. Tai actually changed or backtracked on his opinion after another replay. Game of opinions, but I'm not really sure what Dyer did.

Why argue, there was more positives and selling points for British speedway last night. Perfect no: more positives absolutely

there was 1 line last night which is why cookie moved out to the dirt! if you watched closely the riders off the inside were pointing there bikes outwards off the line. you couldnt stay on the inside a la heat 15 because you would just get passed! im not arguing more positives than negatives but by some peoples reaction you would think it was miles ahead of anything we had seen already in the elite league and it wasnt.

Ashley Birks looked brilliant when gating and couldnt pass later on because he stuck inside. ditto David Howe.

Aarnio and Palm Toft would never have won there races unless they were off 4.

it was an average meeting but yes better than monday.

ive said dyer was unlucky to be excluded but he did lock up a bit and turn left that is obvious from the replays. if someone parks it on the corner and gets hit do you exclude the following rider for not moving or the guy who stops in the corner? in my opinion Dyer didnt park it to much or turn appreciably left to be excluded and i would in this case excluded Howe. However i can see why the ref made his decision.

Rene Bach cost Workington last night not heat 15

I did hear last night that David Howe had expected to be excluded and it certainly looked like Howe's fault from where i was standing (second bend) i will watch the tv replay later..................

Not a bad meet with some passing and a decent crowd

A good two points well earned from the Comets.

Oh it was COLD!

Have just watched the tv footage.............yeah Howe should have been excluded...but the ref makes the descisions....

• Like 1

i dont think bach can be totally to blame although he didn't help, if the ref didn't cost you the point then young bates did when he fell behind howe who i thought looked slow or put the brakes on causing young bates to bail out,worky was on a clear 51 and in the re run you just knew what was going to happen. so bates didn't score but cost worky the win and got scunny a draw not a bad nights work from bates but you had to feel sorry for him gave 110% but was in the wrong place at the wrong time however he looks like one for the future.

Good and entertaining meeting. Better than most of the EL stuff. As a neutral a draw was a fair result. Heat 15 was too close too call. I think its at times like this when it should just be put down to a racing incident and all four are allowed back in.

• Like 3

Dyer SHOULD have been the hero with the move he pulled on Howe in heat 15 UP THE INSIDE,he knew cook was then on the outside so natually he tried to defend the inside when Howe tried to get his place back steaming up the inside.All this talk about Dyer being in mid track i cant understand,so what ,he was in front with his partner out wide,he was just trying to defend the super move he had just made.

Good and entertaining meeting. Better than most of the EL stuff. As a neutral a draw was a fair result. Heat 15 was too close too call. I think its at times like this when it should just be put down to a racing incident and all four are allowed back in.

You are dead right the most sensible thing to do all 4 back. It was very difficult to call even the lads on sky changed there minds. There should be some leeway for the referee in situations like that. But a fair result in the end.

Lawson only dropped 2 points in the May fixture last year, where he got 12+1 from 5 rides but struggled in October where all the Comets scored very poor (61-29).

Not sure on Mills.

Great meeting last night for the Premier League, hopefully Sky will get up to Workington in the near future.

• Like 1

Have you ever read the rules?. The race was stopped and the ref had to decide who was the "primary" cause of the stoppage. Dyer was coming back to the line and pretty much hit Howes back wheel. The ref had to apportion blame and if he judged the accident to be 55% Dyer to 45% Howe then Dyer goes as the "primary" cause. The ref got it spot on.

From what i remember at a fans forum at which Tony Steele spoke the rules dont say anyone has to be excluded admittedly that may have changed over the years but i have seen a race rerun after a dingdong on the 3rd lap in a league meeting and all 4 restart.Referees verdict was along the lines of six of one half a dozen of the other.

Just whizzed through the heats and fast forwared Nige and Co. The racing was Ok, but seen better at Scunthorpe more often than not. Rob and the gang must sort out the starting gates as a priority, the bias for Gate 4 is getting out of hand. A draw seems like a fair result on the night, but why no Auty in Heat 15 ? Please bring back Richard as team manager for home meetings.

Did Auty win two races off of 4? Cook looked very uncomfortable in the dirt on the outside if Auty had got across no way Cook would of passed him.The team manager not impressed with him slagged the reserves off unfairly and even had another dig at the end he needs replacing.

Did Auty win two races off of 4? Cook looked very uncomfortable in the dirt on the outside if Auty had got across no way Cook would of passed him.The team manager not impressed with him slagged the reserves off unfairly and even had another dig at the end he needs replacing.

Maybe there was a genuine reason why Josh wasn't in heat 15,it's not always a clear cut decision ,I'm not sure if Pistol Peet had a dig at the reserves,merely stating a fact that they didn't have such good nights,but they both young and learning and have enough talent to make it,maybe a year to soon for Josh though,shame as he's a top kid and I'm sure that in time will make a good rider

Enjoyed my visit to Scunny with the rest of the Comets fans on the 1st bend we certainly made ourselves heard and drown out those cheers from the home crowd ;-);-)

It was a good meeting i did get abit worried at one point rusty and rene didnt hit the heights we comets fans no they can however both pulled off brilliant final rides to keep it tight.

Ash Morris deserves a big mention one of his best meetings imo. thanks to our guests cookie and Micky oh and the ref got the call wrong Howe took Micky off therefore Howe should of been taken out the rerun.

Great Speedway! Well done the Comets 2 points

• Like 1

Rene Bach sounds like a proper Geordie

Enjoyed my visit to Scunny with the rest of the Comets fans on the 1st bend we certainly made ourselves heard and drown out those cheers from the home crowd ;-);-)

It was a good meeting i did get abit worried at one point rusty and rene didnt hit the heights we comets fans no they can however both pulled off brilliant final rides to keep it tight.

Ash Morris deserves a big mention one of his best meetings imo. thanks to our guests cookie and Micky oh and the ref got the call wrong Howe took Micky off therefore Howe should of been taken out the rerun.

Great Speedway! Well done the Comets 2 points

Who'd be a referee . One angle it looked like Howe took Dyer's front wheel , another angle showed Dyer turn into Howe . Shame they can't have all 4 back after the first bend , because this was just one of those unfortunate racing incidents .

• Like 1

Maybe there was a genuine reason why Josh wasn't in heat 15,it's not always a clear cut decision ,I'm not sure if Pistol Peet had a dig at the reserves,merely stating a fact that they didn't have such good nights,but they both young and learning and have enough talent to make it,maybe a year to soon for Josh though,shame as he's a top kid and I'm sure that in time will make a good rider

Agree 'Montie' with what you say,just think when you criticise ( manager) it should be behind closed doors .Also he dosen't look the sort who could motivate to me Josh i felt for tried hard his last race looked on the pace.Odviously there will be changes at reserve but Douglas showed glimpses in the 5.1 race win.

From what i remember at a fans forum at which Tony Steele spoke the rules dont say anyone has to be excluded admittedly that may have changed over the years but i have seen a race rerun after a dingdong on the 3rd lap in a league meeting and all 4 restart.Referees verdict was along the lines of six of one half a dozen of the other.

Apart from the 1st and 2nd bends, I have never seen all 4 back for a stoppage. I have seen 1 rider deemed to be the primary cause of the stoppage, and I have also seen 2 riders excluded for the same incident, but never all 4 back cos the ref couldn't make his mind up.

Makes no odds, you never know how a rider is going to perform on the night so you can't say tbh, Richard and Chris could have been average last season but who knows what they would have scored,

what have you's done to Rene? Not the same rider since his injury.... Maybe ok at home, but not very consistent anywhere else really....which isn't like him.

Hey we haven't done anything he loves it at Worky :) . Rene was the same last season though, he was a bit inconsistent at the start of the season but then got better and better, I think after the next set of averages you could see him in our no 1 jacket there is very little between him and Richard at the minute. I don think since his accident he takes as many chances riding the boards to overtake and doesn't seem to like the smaller tracks anymore either