British Speedway Forum

Berwick V Newcastle - Live On Sky - May 21st

Very true screm, though I did hear a rumour going round that John Anderson was dressing up as a speedway promoter. :D

Someone upset you? Before you criticise you should take a look at some of the 'Promoters' in Midlands and south! Said it before and will say it again, it is mostly fans running clubs and unless you get an independant body controlling the sport (not Promoters) it will never flourish. The crowds are pathetic at many tracks including Elite League. Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 3

Just seen this on the monarchs website, an excellent idea I think. Something the Berwick promotion should maybe consider. For many of the earlier years at Armadale we operated a system that allowed supporters to apply for a complementary ticket to bring a friend, new or returning, to Armadale Speedway on the basis that they might become regular fans. Starting on Friday night it will be possible to request up to four tickets for the following week’s meeting so that you can bring your friends to try our new Armadale Experience. So on Friday you can request tickets for our match against Glasgow on 10th May. Application should be made to the video table on the Monarchs Mall. You will be asked to provide the names of your friends, address and, if available, an email address as we would like to get some feedback on our show to help us make improvements.

Tickets will be available every week until the end of the season under this scheme.

Having read all of the Posts following this one - I must say I am very disappointed at the tone of some of the Replies. At least the 'Monarchs' Promotion are trying to PROMOTE the Sport in their area. So what if it has been tried before and failed - it is possible the idea COULD succeed. I believe that the Edinburgh Promotion should be praised for, at least, trying to do something to encourage people through the Gate. People on this Forum, including me, criticise Promoters sometimes for not Promoting their business (for that is what it is) and yet when they do they get pilloried for it. If this idea works, at this time, with Computers which weren't available thirty years ago that is GREAT - if not - at least they have tried.

WELL DONE EDINBURGH - I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS IS A SUCCESS. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

• Like 4

THere's no one pillorying any promotion - it's simply a fact that when there's discounted / free admission to be had it inevitably filters into the hands that would have been there anyway. It's absolutely no different - except being much more lo-tech - to the Groupon discounta that Newcastle & other tracks dabbled with last year:

A few new extra punters through the door - yay!

Most of them simply move on to the next discounted day out next week - oh.

Loads of regulars using the discount, reducing what income there is from a normal gate - uh-oh.

• Like 2

THere's no one pillorying any promotion - it's simply a fact that when there's discounted / free admission to be had it inevitably filters into the hands that would have been there anyway. It's absolutely no different - except being much more lo-tech - to the Groupon discounta that Newcastle & other tracks dabbled with last year:

Loads of regulars using the discount, reducing what income there is from a normal gate - uh-oh.

..............................as I say - at least they are trying.

Whilst I can see what you are saying and to a point I agree with, but just to flip it for a second why shouldn't the regulars get something back too for their loyalty? as it seems to me the regulars are getting nothing these days to me.

For the same reason a regular at Mortisons doesn't get a free loaf once in a while.

You've managed to "flip" what is supposed to be an initiative to bring in more support an more income into a plan to reduce income from the regular source.

That's a plan...

For the same reason a regular at Mortisons doesn't get a free loaf once in a while.

You've managed to "flip" what is supposed to be an initiative to bring in more support an more income into a plan to reduce income from the regular source.

That's a plan...

Not at all, as I said I take on board what you were saying earlier but why does it just have to be offers to new comers who whilst may turn up for a offer of whatever sort and after that stops weather it be one meeting or whatever perid of time the likelyhood is the may not (always) come back at a regular priced night where your hard core will.

So where is that fair?

Getting back to subject, as Edinburgh's revamping of an old Glasgow idea has taken about three pages here, and isn't really contributing to Berwick's chance to showcase their product on Sky and around the world.

Given the match is on a Tuesday (and has become a rearranged fixture) will the Swedes on either side be available?

Edited by freddyfivetoes

Getting back to subject, as Edinburgh's revamping of an old Glasgow idea has taken about three pages here, and isn't really contributing to Berwick's chance to showcase their product on Sky and around the world.

Given the match is on a Tuesday (and has become a rearranged fixture) will the Swedes on either side be available?

Doesn't really matter,guests are just the norm in speedway now,nothing new.

I rather think it might be important to the PL for the Swedes to be there. The EL has got into a situation where they have about two dozen riders who rotate between all the teams.

Better if Lindgren, Aspegren and Edberg were on parade at Berwick, helping (a small but important point) make the occasion look as smart as possible, with everybody wearing team suits, proving to viewers that PL racing is the real deal.

I rather think it might be important to the PL for the Swedes to be there. The EL has got into a situation where they have about two dozen riders who rotate between all the teams.

Better if Lindgren, Aspegren and Edberg were on parade at Berwick, helping (a small but important point) make the occasion look as smart as possible, with everybody wearing team suits, proving to viewers that PL racing is the real deal.

Dont think its got anything thing to do with the PL,if SVEMO say they have to race in Sweden then they`ll be racing in Sweden,it may also come down to what fixture was arranged 1st.Do our 2 Swedes race in the Swedish Extraleague,I know they both race in the Allsvenskan League but that takes place on a Thursday.

I rather think Berwick's Swedes will be there, but maybe not Lindgren?

Talk of guests is premature -- even if both teams were a turnip down, it would be r/r for both.

Agree with that,though you`d like to think both clubs wouldve checked on the availability of their teams and made sure they have full teams.

I rather think Berwick's Swedes will be there, but maybe not Lindgren?

Talk of guests is premature -- even if both teams were a turnip down, it would be r/r for both.

How many R/Rs can you have. One for Tully, one for Lindgren if we are not careful we will be watching an invisible Team. :shock: :shock: :shock::blink:

• Like 1

Agree with that,though you`d like to think both clubs wouldve checked on the availability of their teams and made sure they have full teams.

And then what - declined the Sky coverage because a Swede isn't available?

They're hardly likely to tell them to come back next week.