British Speedway Forum

Sky's Additions To It's Speedway Coverage.

The coverage was so one eyed tonight it was embarrassing, were they scared of getting barred from Wimborne Road in the future?

Middlo was allowed to continuously spout his one eyed rubbishe (credit to Peter Adams for talking sense and his response to Charlie before Heat 15 was priceless)

The whole sucking up to Darcy Ward was pathetic, yet no one had the balls to ask the 'question' after heat 15, we were continually reminded that Poole were 'understrength' yet no mention of Wolves tracking only three of there own riders (surely that is understrength too)

Hopefully Charlie's days are numbered, she is no sports broadcaster and needs an autocue, Sophie Blake showed her at Cardiff what being a professional broadcaster is all about, maybe she should go shadow her....

And then onto the two in commentary, Kelvin is actually very knowledgeable and when allowed to speak or not given stupid leading questions by Pearson he talks some interesting points, I actually think that the fact that Nigel is such a speedway fan it kind of backfires, ie. he sounds like a fan (with all the ooooohhhhs and woahhhhhhhhhhhs) they are the sounds you hear on the terraces, not something you would expect on commentary in my option.

But least be grateful the squeaky voice of Orville, whoops I mean Rosco is nowhere near the Elite League coverage.

If it stays next year then here is to a big shake up,

• Like 2

This is my first year of subscription to Sky (Feb 2013) mainly for the speedway and I must say I have not been disappointed. The quality of the HD broadcast along with the various camera angles is excellent. The slow motion shots of all the motorsport channels is also very good.

I don't have a big problem with the commentary team, I guess whoever they had in place we would criticise in varying degrees. Agree with what has been said regarding Sophie Blake - very professional.

• Like 1

SKY insists on making the same mistakes. Every week they babble on for 15 minutes to begin, the first dozen heats usually result in several restarts, popped fences that need repairs, Chris Louis showing us how his new tele works...

I think they pad the show out too much. Start the cameras rolling from &.30 or as soon after as possible, not give us Ovaltine time for the first 15 minutes and then, once yawning begins, many armchair viewers begin clock watching.

Get in there straightaway, start the action from the Get-Go, and then we are not forever over-running the allotted time slot.

The coverage, although appreciated, is too samey from SKY. Last night’s match from Poole had quite a bit of decent racing… but the gaps between the heats stretched the whole affair out.

Edited by moxey63

It is a television programme, and structured accordingly. I like the pits shots and interviews -- if you want a fifteen-minute reels of the heats and nowt else, buy a track DVD.

Watching speedway on Sky is a fine night's entertainment, usually among friends and family.

Wholeheartedly welcome Sophie "home" and hope we never see or hear Rosco again.

Yeah, a sure fire way to boost interest & indeed attendances: televise some gap-toothed, goggle-eyed bobble hat wear clad in a Wulfsport anorak - preferably a Brummie, I'd say.

Or just as bad.

To broadcast a chap with an almost Autistic-like fetish for young, blond scandanavian riders who comes across as a swivel-eyed Stalker.

• Like 1

Yeah, a sure fire way to boost interest & indeed attendances: televise some gap-toothed, goggle-eyed bobble hat wear clad in a Wulfsport anorak - preferably a Brummie, I'd say.

Is that not Racist? :shock::blink::rofl: :rofl:

Skys coverage seems to get worse to me, think the inside track bit is pointless and they insist on doing the on board camera which is not a bit of good and then you have the biased Nigel Pearson who thinks everybody likes Woffy Woffy Woffy, Freddie Lindgren and Darcy Ward. . This week we had to endure a special feature of Darcy Ward I wonder which rider they will feature this week maybe Woffy Lindgren or Holder. p.s. I don`t have a problem with either Wolves riders think Woffys done well but cmon Sky give somebody else a chance....

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

Skys coverage seems to get worse to me, think the inside track bit is pointless and they insist on doing the on board camera which is not a bit of good and then you have the biased Nigel Pearson who thinks everybody likes Woffy Woffy Woffy, Freddie Lindgren and Darcy Ward. . This week we had to endure a special feature of Darcy Ward I wonder which rider they will feature this week maybe Woffy Lindgren or Holder. p.s. I don`t have a problem with either Wolves riders think Woffys done well but cmon Sky give somebody else a chance....

I agree with that part of your Post.

It would be nice to hear from some of the so called 'lesser lights' now and again. :t:

• 5 weeks later...