British Speedway Forum

Bydgoszcz Gp Saturday 20th April

Definitely best GP for a long time, lots of passing and repassing. Would have finished very early if not for tapes malfunction. Eurosport prentation heaps better than Sky. We stay at the track all the way through except for Adverts, which do not seem so intrusive. Much better without Studio team, keep up the format Eurosport. Looked cold at track, is it ever going to get warm in Europe?

• Like 1

Absolute belter of a GP with two races that should go down in speedway history as classics IMO.

Really good to see Tai performing so well and also nice to see Zagar join the party as well.

I loved the peach of a move from Ward on the re-run of heat 14.... class.

Eurosport are doing a great job, i have watched both of the GPS again races from them endless times now.I have alot of the GPS kept from the years on sky and endless DVDs but have rarely watched again.Even my son came in last night watched the Ward v Holder race a few times and said how good it was and the coverage and he has lost interest in speedway.I was a bit sceptical about Eurosport covering them i presumed they were just a low budget outfit but the speedway and also the coverage of snooker (over the year) has been excellent .Apart from live games and Gillette soccer and the speedway i rarely watch Sky now.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

TONY Olsson very disappointed and annoyed with track at practice yesterday. It was still under heavy snow a few days ago but Tony went ballistic at the track staff yesterday after they packed it so hard (fearing rain) that as one rider said it was more like Terrenzano. Strong words at after after-practice meeting and hopefully they will do as they were told (doesn't always happen in Poland!) and get it right for what is apparently a sell-out crowd today.

Great GP last night on a very well prepared track,congratulations to everyone involved ! Tai Woffinden boy those engines are good,great to see him involved at the sharp end of the meeting.I think someone fed you some duff information on it being a sell out Phil !

So many people under-rating Buczkowski

He is better than Darcy Ward and Tai Woffinden around Polonia and he out-performed then in the SWC.

If he was he'd be riding for Matt Ford by now!! :D

Truly awesome meeting & hopefully a lesson learnt for Tony Olsson & his crew. Give these boys a track to race on & look at the results?? Sensational action most of the way through with heat 15 & the 2nd semi being 2 of the best races u will ever see anywhere.

As an Aces fan I was delighted to see Zagar carry on his good form & as a Brit, i was very proud of Tai last night. He certainly looks the business this season & hope it carries on until Cardiff at least.

Great to see the young uns like Darcy, Tai & Emil showing the old guns the way home. Once a couple more are added over the next 2-3 yrs like say Laguta, MJJ, Mikkel Bech, Zmarzlik, Dudek etc i think its only gonna get better.

Think Eurosports coverage is excellent but the only slight gripe i had last night was that they were showing replays & missed the live draw for the 1st semi & also the final. Please try & sort this out for the future as apart from that the rest of it was spot on.

Edited by Bradford Ace
  • Like 2

Cracking GP which hopefully has put the memory of that totally dire first GP well and truly out of the way. Much kudos to the track prep team (especially after the worrying comments after practise) for giving the riders a chance to pass and stopping the races from being over by the first bend. Whether it was a fluke or whether Olsson has FINALLY realised what is required to create excting and passing racing, remains to be seen though! Well done Emil and congrats to Tai too (shame he's much more an Aussie than a Brit though!! LOL). Championship looks like being wide open this season.

• Like 1

CERTAINLY were ... not easy keeping going for 35 minutes but then both can talk the hind legs off a donkey!

Yes they coped well ... so much better than being taken back to the sterile atmosphere of Isleworth to listen to Heuwen/Ermolenko.

Does anyone know if Europsort do have intentions to have studio coverage .. and if so their address to canvas against any such move.

The world feed works on it's own.

Fantastic GP with several brilliant races and 1 race that will go down as one of the best ever ,great coverage ,great commentary with dynamite ladies (loved the long socks and heels ). Sorry but I disagree with a previous comment re the NZ gp saying it was dire ,ok it wasn't as good as this but I really enjoyed it BUT this GP was very special. Thanks to all involved.

Cracking meeting...If anyone is questioning KK's form and the Poole connection, last night will tell you different!

If he could start the season as back up heat leader he would probably be ok for club and GP. He has proved that anyway.

TONY Olsson has always known what is required to produce a good track but it isn't always as easy as some on here think. It is not just the surface at Bydgoszcz, the track has so much else going for it which isn't available elsewhere. Even Paul Daniels doesn't know enough magic to transform Terenzano. If we could take the Bydgoszcz track to every GP speedway's popularity would go through the roof. Some of the Eurosport execs were there watching live speedway for the first time and they were dazzled.

• Like 5

Last night's meeting was a fine advert for speedway in its purest form. No daft rules, no silliness, just the world's top riders (and Krzysztof Kasprzak ;) ) battling wheel to wheel and elbow to elbow. Utterly compelling entertainment. :t:

TONY Olsson has always known what is required to produce a good track but it isn't always as easy as some on here think. It is not just the surface at Bydgoszcz, the track has so much else going for it which isn't available elsewhere. Even Paul Daniels doesn't know enough magic to transform Terenzano. If we could take the Bydgoszcz track to every GP speedway's popularity would go through the roof. Some of the Eurosport execs were there watching live speedway for the first time and they were dazzled.

You would have to fight for tickets, what a nights entertainment!

There is no other motorsport that can live with the excitement and racing that was produced last night- a true exhibition of just how good it can be.

Edited by fixerman

What a cracking GP.Some of the races were awesome,with passing galore.Great to see the young guns performing so well Emil,Darcy,and of course Tai.Thank you Tai for putting respect back into British Speedway with your performances in the GP`s. :t:

• Like 1