British Speedway Forum

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

So how do you think that Darcy will be received by the crowd when he rides in Freddie's meeting at Wolves tomorrow?

I would think he will be warmly applauded for rearranging flights from Poland at the last minute to help Freddie out :)

Edited by Pirate Nick
  • Like 2

The way I see it is he acted like an idiot, he's apologised and he's been punished by the relevant authorities. Hopefully he will have learned something from it, time will tell I suppose. It's difficult to know exactly what happened as none of us were there and we have to rely on the press, which let's face it like to sensationalise things.

What I think he needs to do is ignore the abuse he is bound to get from those who hate him, as their judgement is likely to be clouded. He also needs to ignore those who suck up to him and think the sun shines from his rear for the same reason.

I hope he gets some sensible advice and doesn't blow what could be an amazing career. I would like to see him and someone like Emil still entertaining for many years to come and leave the silly stuff behind.

I would think he will be warmly applauded for rearranging flights from Poland at the last minute to help Freddie out :)

Warmly............... that's one way of putting it.

I am sure Freddie and the fans that turn out tomorrow will be delighted to ALL those who made a big effort for being there.

The only one that matters Sunday is FAST FREDDIE. :t:

• Like 2

To add to george.ms post, while some are loving Darcys "downfall" some of us do actually care about him as a person and a speedway rider. I love watching Darcy Ward ride race a speedway bike. There is genuine anticipation when he is sat at the start line for me like so few other riders have ever managed to achieve, every time I watch Darcy I think, "did he do that?" or "how did he do that" so when I'm have a moan and a bitch it's because in part I don't want to see him throw everything away, I wnat to continue to be wowed by Darcys freakish abilities on a speedway bike for another 20 years.

I could not agree more.

Thankfully you have managed to produce a post that unites pretty much all of us. Thank You.

• Like 2

Why does it matter? The day is about a great servant to British Speedway not about someone hellbent on throwing his career away. :rolleyes:

I would imagine Darcy will get a tepid reaction at most tracks, that is what comes with being in the public eye.

There are a few including myself that have not been impressed with Darcy's off track antics but I will say that Darcy has gone out of his way to make it to Freddie's Big Day. He got the call in the morning and by late afternoon had flights booked to get into Luton airport around now. From here he will be picked up and make it up for the meeting where Graham Jones will be helping him out in the pits.

Well Done Darcy.

• Like 1

Be interesting to hear what music and artists the darcy ward knockers listen to.

How often do you see bands and artists performing on stage pissed or drugged up? From rap to heavy metal to rock to indie to dance... So many artists are on drugs its unreal yet i bet you still buy or listen to their music? And these artists fan bases are a lot, lot bigger than Wards. Their also supposed to be setting an example to their younger fans.

People will argue it is irrelevent but it simply isnt at all ...

Be interesting to hear what music and artists the darcy ward knockers listen to.

How often do you see bands and artists performing on stage pissed or drugged up? From rap to heavy metal to rock to indie to dance... So many artists are on drugs its unreal yet i bet you still buy or listen to their music? And these artists fan bases are a lot, lot bigger than Wards. Their also supposed to be setting an example to their younger fans.

People will argue it is irrelevent but it simply isnt at all ...

How many of them get pissed up and run from the police on a bike though? :D

Look what bands like the who used to get up to, letting off fireworks in hotel rooms which could burn down a hotel full if familys... Its just the same, breaking the law

Look at tevez this week, caught driving whilst banned... Mike tyson going down for rape yet ive seen the same people calling him a boxing legend that called ward a disgrace. What about andy powell driving a golf buggy the wrong way down a motorway pissed up... Plenty of quality sportsmen amongst other famous people break laws . Many multi platinum songs mention drug use and booze.

Im not saying its right but what darcy has done, albeit wrong, doesnt compare to what other famous people have done in their time

• Like 1

Look what bands like the who used to get up to, letting off fireworks in hotel rooms which could burn down a hotel full if familys... Its just the same, breaking the law

Look at tevez this week, caught driving whilst banned... Mike tyson going down for rape yet ive seen the same people calling him a boxing legend that called ward a disgrace. What about andy powell driving a golf buggy the wrong way down a motorway pissed up... Plenty of quality sportsmen amongst other famous people break laws . Many multi platinum songs mention drug use and booze.

Im not saying its right but what darcy has done, albeit wrong, doesnt compare to what other famous people have done in their time

...and he's not even that famous really!!

I see Darcy was on his usual form tonight. :-)

Good to see the Poole Train pulling out of monmore with the booty.. Start as we mean to go on... :rofl:

• Like 1

To add to george.ms post, while some are loving Darcys "downfall" some of us do actually care about him as a person and a speedway rider. I love watching Darcy Ward ride race a speedway bike. There is genuine anticipation when he is sat at the start line for me like so few other riders have ever managed to achieve, every time I watch Darcy I think, "did he do that?" or "how did he do that" so when I'm have a moan and a bitch it's because in part I don't want to see him throw everything away, I wnat to continue to be wowed by Darcys freakish abilities on a speedway bike for another 20 years.

Spot on SCB great post, and as a speedway fan believe most people feel that way.
  • Like 1

Well said, whilst some STILL feel a need to defend. :neutral:

If i was defending him id of said what he done was acceptable. It wasnt but some of the reactions are unbelievable.

Bournemouth Evening Echo has a circulation of over 30,000. It's not a crappy local paper...

Middleditch has done nothing about the quote. I presume the Echo quoted both Ford and Middleditch because their views were so different - or are we to assume that Ford was misquoted too...

30,000? Wow!!

Yes Rock Stars like Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Keith Moon, Keith Richards etc etc etc have all been known for drink, drugs and many other things they shouldn't be doing .... but isnt that being a Rock Star ?

What anyone does in their life in the privacy of their own home or hotel is up to them as they only people they are going to hurt is themselves. ... taking it onto the roads is another matter when people going about their daily routine in public can be put in danger.

That said, Well Done Darcy on not just turning up for Fredrik Lindgren's testimonial, but also winning it virtually without breaking sweat on Davey Watt's bike. An incredible talent on the track and hopefully learning his trade off it too now !!