British Speedway Forum

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Good to hear that Ford is taking the stance with the seriousness we would expect.

It is just a shame there is still no follow up from the man he employs to manage the Pirates who apparently condones Darcy`s behaviour and the behaviour of kids of that age.

I seriously hope the FIM and governing bodies ensure they do regular and random drug tests on Darcy and all riders because the sooner we give out the message that drug taking has no place in this sport the better (except for those on the forum who think it is perfectly acceptable to have a bit of weed every now and then of course). :t:

• Like 1

I wouldn't know the exact legalities at present, but from previous experience...

Officially the authorities previously could only have on your record, what is "on record". However, I believe a lot changed after 9/11. National security and all that. Legal interpretation now less stringent .... if it suits. Whether 'drugs" comes into this I don't know.

He admitted to having a puff on a spliff for god's sake. No possession, dealing or anything else drug-related. No explosives in his boots and he won't be hijacking the plane - so I guess he'll get in alright!

Good to hear that Ford is taking the stance with the seriousness we would expect.

It is just a shame there is still no follow up from the man he employs to manage the Pirates who apparently condones Darcy`s behaviour and the behaviour of kids of that age.

I seriously hope the FIM and governing bodies ensure they do regular and random drug tests on Darcy and all riders because the sooner we give out the message that drug taking has no place in this sport the better (except for those on the forum who think it is perfectly acceptable to have a bit of weed every now and then of course). :t:

when not riding a speedway bike on a speedway track!! Ask Woffy what he thinks!!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

He admitted to having a puff on a spliff for god's sake. No possession, dealing or anything else drug-related. No explosives in his boots and he won't be hijacking the plane - so I guess he'll get in alright!

I'm not giving an opinion here. Just trying to answer another poster's query ... for god's sake.

when not riding a speedway bike on a speedway track!!

Whilst I understand you defending him to a certain extent. I take the statement that was released on his behalf with a pinch of salt. There have been three situations now, where if you look it it, see's a pattern evolving. The layman looking in, would think the same. I admire his talent, he's brilliant to watch, but he's a little brat with more money than sense!

You are clearly connected to Poole Speedway, but he has solely put the the reputation of the club you love under the spotlight yet again..(Not helped by Neil Middleditch).

When it all comes to pass Skidder, there is only one person responsible for this situation and its Darcy Ward.......

• Like 1

There is just no way he will be stopped coming in.

He may be detained and searched but unless they find something else on him, he will be fine

Maybe not but whne he's rushing to Poole on a Wednesday after riding in Sweden the day before and he meets the wrong immigration officer and they're both already in a bad mood, the immigration officer may choose to be a bit awkward. Could lead to Darcy missing that evenings meeting. Unlikely I agree but it could get a bit awkward at some time.

It's a bit unfair really, my sister mate got done for drink driving about 18 months ago, perfect record other than that. The Aussies won't let her even get a visa to get as far as immigration!

Maybe not but whne he's rushing to Poole on a Wednesday after riding in Sweden the day before and he meets the wrong immigration officer and they're both already in a bad mood, the immigration officer may choose to be a bit awkward. Could lead to Darcy missing that evenings meeting. Unlikely I agree but it could get a bit awkward at some time.

It's a bit unfair really, my sister mate got done for drink driving about 18 months ago, perfect record other than that. The Aussies won't let her even get a visa to get as far as immigration!

BFD did. :D

• Like 2

It's because it's a conviction, full stop!

BFD did. :D

I think BFD managed to squirrel his way in, before their immigration laws got tight... ;)

We have to thank the Aussies that we're not getting him back ......... :approve:

Wasnt speaking of expierience Jacques although have had a few nervy trips through customs due to a long term unpaid fine issued by the courts followed by a warrant for my arrest. Finally paid it up in the winter!

Despite people hoping it doesnt happen, Darcy will be fine unless as said theres something else we dont know of

Its all getting a bit silly really, I can't see Ward being strip searched by a crazy Lakeside supporting customs guy at Stanstead, just becausen he had a quick puff on a spliff. I can see him weeing in a pot more than other riders in the GP's this year, but thats about it.

He has made a few very public errors of judgement, but having seen the calibre of young Aussie speedway rider and their teenage posse's after last years World cup semi final I'm only supprised that he is the only one that keeps getting caught.

The lad can ride a bike, thats for sure, but he needs someone to keep an eye on him while he isn't riding a bike and it appears the GB team manager is not the right person.

Its all getting a bit silly really, I can't see Ward being strip searched by a crazy Lakeside supporting customs guy at Stanstead, just becausen he had a quick puff on a spliff. I can see him weeing in a pot more than other riders in the GP's this year, but thats about it.

He has made a few very public errors of judgement, but having seen the calibre of young Aussie speedway rider and their teenage posse's after last years World cup semi final I'm only supprised that he is the only one that keeps getting caught.

The lad can ride a bike, thats for sure, but he needs someone to keep an eye on him while he isn't riding a bike and it appears the GB team manager is not the right person.

Phil I reckon someone like Leigh Adams should have a word.A great guy, Aus legend.

Something along the lines of things can happen to any of us, but there's a greater chance if you're off your ** on booze or monged up on drugs.get a grip if you want to be World Champion or you'll just be remembered as a knob.

• Like 1

I forgot to put a question mark after buzz and l was speaking about Darcy doing anything for a buzz so that says all i need to know about you!

read above post twit

I am so glad we agree.

And name calling went out when you went into senior school.