British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Eurosport

• 4 weeks later...

How nice to have speedway commentated by two guys just letting the racing do most of the talking, and without demented screaming when it did get a bit exciting. Scott did well actually, as did the other guy, especially considering I am assuming they were London based not their live.

Loved the little clip of Hans and Tai getting across Moscow, would love to see Sky or Eurosport do more stuff like that as fillers, to see the riders away from the tracks.

• Like 2

How nice to have speedway commentated by two guys just letting the racing do most of the talking, and without demented screaming when it did get a bit exciting. Scott did well actually, as did the other guy, especially considering I am assuming they were London based not their live.

Loved the little clip of Hans and Tai getting across Moscow, would love to see Sky or Eurosport do more stuff like that as fillers, to see the riders away from the tracks.

Yes it was quite strange tonight,quite a few heats finished with 2 riders within a 2 bike lengths of each other and not a whoaaaaah in sight.Much better if you ask me !

Enjoyed the meeting and the coverage tonight, despite the track. Great stadium, great crowd and Day & Nicholls were very good even with Day getting riders wrong a couple of times and Scott politely correcting him. I too enjoyed the Tai and Hans clip and, as TheReturn says, would be good to see more items like this of the riders away from the track - though maybe not Darcy Ward :lol:

Always will remember Julia Bradbury interviewing Ryan Sullivan in a swimming pool in her bikini - Julia, not Ryan. More of that type of filler would be enjoyable.....

Now, are the Lada girls better than the Monster girls.....

Best Regards

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

Much prefer the Eurosport commentary to the shouty Sky coverage. I think Scotty does a much better job than Tattum who is out of touch. The difference between Sky and Eurosport is that Sky take their own cameras and crew, and Eurosport pick up the feed and add their own commentary. As to which is best overall, I'm just pleased to have speedway on tv.

• Like 3

Kelvin tatum is out of touch ?? ! With what exactly ? Reality ,speedway ,politics ,life ,human beings ,what a strange comment to make as if your commenting on his speedway knowledge then that cannot be questioned. If you don't like his commentary style well that's fine it seems to me the only thing he is out of touch with is some of the moaning sad gits on this forum.

• Like 1

Much prefer the Eurosport commentary to the shouty Sky coverage. I think Scotty does a much better job than Tattum who is out of touch. The difference between Sky and Eurosport is that Sky take their own cameras and crew, and Eurosport pick up the feed and add their own commentary. As to which is best overall, I'm just pleased to have speedway on tv.

Sky only use their own production for EL meetings. Eurosport use the BSI feed for the GPs (as Sky did) and the 'One Sport' feed for the Euros!!

I actually quite like both sets of commentators, with their different styles!! What Eurosport need imo for a 3+ hour transmission are more fillers (like the Tai/Hans travel plans) as there was a lot of repetition later on in the broadcast. (ps. Please no more rider 'interviews' with/by Jan Staechmann - he is very flat, monotone and boring)!

Edited by Skidder1

Pesonally I'm quite OK with having two different sets of commentators for the two different series/broadcasters.

I've never been over critical of the Pearson/Tatum team and their employers seem to like them so no moaning here will change that.

Credit has to be given to the Eurosport team as Pearson/Tatum have been doing their act for donkey's years. Day/Nicholls are real novices by comparison.

Scott Nicholls is really very good and the Day chap has obviously gone away and learnt an awful lot more between the few meetings he has been on.

Most of his pronunciations and terminology were good. And it looks like he could have more to come.

At the moment I'm quite happy.

Which for the fickle so-and-so that I am is pretty unusual.

Edit:

Oh, I forgot.

Except for the appearences by Staechmann on the Euros and Ermolenko on Sky.

They are plain dreadful.

MUTE is the only option.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Last night's second leg of the Euro Championship was spoiled early on by constant restarts and riders returns to the pits. I thought, here we go again, another late one... but the meeting actually ended on time.

I have noticed false starts are increasing at the moment, then the needless return to the pits by the riders, probably to check if they are still contracted to the club in the two minutes that's passed... or even perhaps to see if the club's still running.

Edited by moxey63