British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Eurosport

Eurosports coverage is better than sky. We see all the meeting instead of a studio with Heuwen (bloody awful) havelock (duhhhh) and ermolenko (pants).

Really? Sky used to go to a studio. Eurosport give us the inane happy clapper guy who doesn't have a clue. Give me skys studio every time.

Just keep giving me speedway to watch, I'll live with the shortcomings, although that Carter fella wound me up last night I'm over it now and feeling grateful that I was able to see the meeting at all, never mind it being live, Eurosport have pulled us armchair viewers right out of the cart this year, long may it continue.

• Like 1

Really? Sky used to go to a studio. Eurosport give us the inane happy clapper guy who doesn't have a clue. Give me skys studio every time.

And give me Eurosports coverage everytime, it's all about opinions isnt it , that said I thought the guy was much much better last night seemed to have much more get up and go than in previous weeks. And they do treat us as adults, if someone says a naughty word on sky its "oh we are so sorry", on eurosport not a mention of it. At the end of the day no one presentation will suit everybody.

• Like 1

Can live with the mispronounceations. But the the mistakes he makes are laughable. Twice last night he said Darcy Ward in yellow charging round the outside to take the lead when Darcy was in Red charging up the inside and rider in yellow was at the back. If its the same bloke who was with Scotty Nicholls at Cardiff he did say it was his first live speedway event but really...... Give me Keith Huewen and Uncle Sam any day.Sam may have some annoying Americanisms but he knew what he was talking about.

Can live with the mispronounceations. But the the mistakes he makes are laughable. Twice last night he said Darcy Ward in yellow charging round the outside to take the lead when Darcy was in Red charging up the inside and rider in yellow was at the back. If its the same bloke who was with Scotty Nicholls at Cardiff he did say it was his first live speedway event but really...... Give me Keith Huewen and Uncle Sam any day.Sam may have some annoying Americanisms but he knew what he was talking about.

It's not the same bloke.

Eurosport every time. The guy in the studio was different, less posh but he didn't drive me around the bend like Ermolenko who sat on the fence and took a lot of words to say very little. They also have Pearson shouting less and cut down on the time with Baldy and Kelv.

Hope Sky stick with British speedway, but also hope it is one big league next year. Scunthorpe and Somerset were the best two meetings this year, but KL next Weds was good. Prefer Tuesday or Wednesday night matches too. The missus likes her soaps on a Monday...which made Mondays at Smallmead a good night to go out!

Edited by remembertheracers

it's all about opinions isnt it ,

Yep. according to Pearson, several times. So I guess every time there is a contentious decision, we will now have to put up with fence sitter Pearson using the same phrase 'it's all about opinions'.

but also hope it is one big league next year.

No way. They tried that a few years ago, and shafted the then National League to save the British League. There was a promise of the top rider sbeing shared around, and I don't recall that happening back then and won't again next time, because how can a smaller Premier League club afford the likes of Holder or Ward, or even compete realistically.

One big league stimply does not work.

Elite League got itself into a mess, then it needs to get itself out of the mess.

• Like 1

I bet those who think Eurosport do a better presentation than Sky also think that those one camera DVDs of club meetings with an enthusiastic local doing the commentry are also better than Sky.

Eurosport every time. They also have Pearson shouting less and cut down on the time with Baldy and Kelv.

Not sure if you are taking the piss or just stupid.

You probably think Die Hard 4 is better on netflix than love film

Do you actually understand the basis of the broadcast? BSI effectively record the whole show themselves, complete with Nigel and Kelvins commentary. This is sold on to whoever buys the rights, previously SKY now Eurosport.

There is a break every 4 heats and each broadcaster can do what they want in that segment, in SKYs case ad break and studio chat, in Eurosport case ad break and inane drivel. This is the only part that can be any different as to when SKY showed the broadcast.

While it is nice to still have the GPs on TV it is ludicrous to compare a professional anchor man led studio segment to some wally talking crap in between having a few beers.

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

And give me Eurosports coverage everytime, it's all about opinions isnt it , that said I thought the guy was much much better last night seemed to have much more get up and go than in previous weeks. And they do treat us as adults, if someone says a naughty word on sky its "oh we are so sorry", on eurosport not a mention of it. At the end of the day no one presentation will suit everybody.

I must have been watching the Eurosport broadcast from an alternative dimension to that which some of you were watching.

In the dimension I watched the heat intervals were filled with a dribbling lunatic that did not know where the GP was and babbled insanely about a sport he obviously knew nothing about.

It has already been said many times but the coverage is EXACTLY the same as SKY minus the babbling imbicile.

So some of you are saying you prefer an idiot who knows nothing about speedway and sounds like he is either drunk or on serious drugs to a panel of SPEEDWAY riders who knew the sport inside out?

If so I don't know who is dafter. The nutjob from Eurosport or some of his audience.

SKY presented a proffesional programme. Eurosport's contribution is crass and inane.

A couple of two year olds could do a better job than Eurosports anchor man.

I give them credit for Cardiff which was interesting with Scott and Suzy but the Eurosport sections of the GP in 'Moldow', wherever that is, was a joke apart from the world feed coverage with Kel and Nige which was excellent.

remembertheracers, on 30 June 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Eurosport every time. They also have Pearson shouting less and cut down on the time with Baldy and Kelv.

And HOW EXACTLY have Eurosport gotten Nigel shouting less when it has absotutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with THEM what happens in the World Feed????

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

EUROSPORT will feature a different setup next year - well it's being looked at. A few names already being suggested as the channel's 'Speedway Expert(s)'.

In addition to this, I would not be suprised to see Eurosport adding Polish Speedway to its portfolio soon.

Edited by SGP

EUROSPORT will feature a different setup next year - well it's being looked at. A few names already being suggested as the channel's 'Speedway Expert(s)'.

In addition to this, I would not be suprised to see Eurosport adding Polish Speedway to its portfolio soon.

Sounds good to me. I would love to see the British GP presentation team full time next season, Mr and Mrs N are clearly experts, and the guy leading was a fast learner and seemingly enthusistic without being Pearson OTT.

I must have been watching the Eurosport broadcast from an alternative dimension to that which some of you were watching.

In the dimension I watched the heat intervals were filled with a dribbling lunatic that did not know where the GP was and babbled insanely about a sport he obviously knew nothing about.

It has already been said many times but the coverage is EXACTLY the same as SKY minus the babbling imbicile.

So some of you are saying you prefer an idiot who knows nothing about speedway and sounds like he is either drunk or on serious drugs to a panel of SPEEDWAY riders who knew the sport inside out?

If so I don't know who is dafter. The nutjob from Eurosport or some of his audience.

SKY presented a proffesional programme. Eurosport's contribution is crass and inane.

A couple of two year olds could do a better job than Eurosports anchor man.

I give them credit for Cardiff which was interesting with Scott and Suzy but the Eurosport sections of the GP in 'Moldow', wherever that is, was a joke apart from the world feed coverage with Kel and Nige which was excellent.

remembertheracers, on 30 June 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

And HOW EXACTLY have Eurosport gotten Nigel shouting less when it has absotutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with THEM what happens in the World Feed????

As I said all down to opinions, I have mine and you have yours, no need for all of the less than complimentary wording of your post, we are all adults, lets act like them.

• Like 1

It is a little bizarre how so many people are arguing so much about so little.

The pictures and commentary are from the world feed. So totally the same from Sky or Eurosport.

The only difference in content is that Eurosport have covered from Parade through to presentations which most people prefer.

Eurosport have had the Carter Clown as voice over.

He knows nothing and talks gibberish.

Sky had Heuwen and The Muppets in the studio.

He knew nothing and they talked gibberish.

All we actually need is a chap who knows something and can speak in a fluent manner on Eurosport.

And then we'd all be happy.

I think.

• Like 4