British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Eurosport

Question: has anyone else taken out a Eurosport Player subscription (http://www.eurosport...k/contact.shtml) in order to watch the GPs via PC or tablet? If so, any complaints?

I cancelled Sky in the mistaken belief that the GP coverage wouldn't be renewed and have no desire to re-subscribe. Looks like the £2.99/mth option for Eurosport could be a great alternative- albeit having to also pay separately for Android or iOS versions.

I purchased it and watch on my PC - works just fine. I'd watch it on me smart telly, but wifey won't let me - she prefers Ant & Dec and The Voice :cry:

• Like 2

Didn't know you were such an expert on curry Orlovski, being a Russian geezer. Perhaps you spend a lot of time on Swindon's curry island?!Prefer to make me own.

I read that kari is the Tamil word for sauce. Balti was invented in Brum I think. Chicken Tikka Masala is ours as well, and that Coronation Chicken.

Not on Swindon's curry island, but have spent time in different parts of the world, when you often find out that many British versions of foreign food taste nothing like the original. I agree that some curries have been invented, as you say, in the uk, and in certain restaurants are excellent. One of the best curries I have had in the uk was in Wolverhampton.

Even something like pizza in Britain is rarely like those you get in Italy.

Anyway back to Eurosport. Like others on here I am glad that it is being shown, especially with the young riders that are in it this year, who are not afraid to mix it with the established riders.

Didn't know you were such an expert on curry Orlovski, being a Russian geezer. Perhaps you spend a lot of time on Swindon's curry island?!Prefer to make me own.

I read that kari is the Tamil word for sauce. Balti was invented in Brum I think. Chicken Tikka Masala is ours as well, and that Coronation Chicken.

Chicken tikka masala originated in Glasgow.

I cant believe Pearson and Tatum get the criticism they do, especially bearing in mind the lack of response for the shouting of Wade Augner(sp)... He shouted just as much. Both Pearson and Augner are fine.... the only thing I disagree with is Kelvins view on 1st bend incidents, but hey ho its all about opinions.

Some people allow gripes to become obsessions then spend their time trying to justify their dislike by forcing it on others. Naturally the sheep-like mentality of some sees them join in. Everyone has a right to their dislikes but to just keep on ramming their view down everybody else's throats is rather unhealthy. We've just had some wonderful Grands Prix and yet this same depressing sad bunch can only whinge about commentary.

• Like 7

Chicken tikka masala originated in Glasgow.

Origins of the dish remain unclear, eg there is a guy in Birminham who claimed to invent it......

from wiki

One explanation of the origins of the dish is that it was conceived in an Indian restaurant.[2][3] Rahul Verma, an Indian expert on street food from Delhi, has stated that the dish originated, probably by accident with subsequent improvisations, in Punjab during the last 50 years.[1]

There are also claims that a Pakistani chef Ali Ahmed Aslam, proprietor of the Shish Mahal restaurant in Gibson Street in the west end of Glasgow invented it by improvising a sauce made from yoghurt, cream and spices.[6][7] In July 2009 Pakistani-born British MP Mohammad Sarwar tabled an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons asking that Parliament support a campaign for Glasgow to be given European Union Protected Designation of Origin status for chicken tikka masala.[8] The motion was not chosen for debate nor has Sarwar spoken on this subject in Parliament.[9][10] Others lay claim to the origin being Birmingham and Newcastle. Some people have drawn comparisons between chicken tikka masala and butter chicken, another Indian dish including chicken and gravy which was probably invented in Northern India.

Ethnic food historians and authors Peter & Colleen Grove also discuss various origin claims of chicken tikka masala in their article "Is It or Isn't It? (The Chicken Tikka Masala Story)", in which one of their conclusions suggests that "The shape of things to come may have been a recipe for Shahi Chicken Masala in Mrs Balbir Singh’s ‘Indian Cookery’ published in 1961."

I was away for the last Gp and took out the single month subscription to watch life on a laptop on the Saturday evening to save avoiding the result and watching it when I got home on the Monday evening when no doubt the wife would be catching up on Eastenders and Corrie!

Absolutely excellent quality and great value for money.

The free wifi I was on wasn't the best so every 10 mins or so the footage paused to buffer but rather than miss a chunk the player started in the same spot and ran in time lag mode giving me chance to catch up to live during the ad breaks. If I didn't have the Sky entertainment extra plan it would be a good investment, especially if you watch anything else on Eurosport and with the option to do 12 months at the reduced price.

Pleased that I don't need Sky sports now, don't bother with league racing as rarely had the time or even the desire to watch most of the meetings last year.

Well done Eurosports!

• Like 1

Pleased that I don't need Sky sports now, don't bother with league racing as rarely had the time or even the desire to watch most of the meetings last year.

It would be quite interesting to know how much Sky's viewing figures have dropped for speedway or how many they have lost taking out the Sports package now they no longer cover the G.P's. I've always renewed every March but I've not bothered this season because I'm not keen on just paying out to watch E.L matches.

Bit in the Star today that Sophie Nicholls(nee Blake) will be part of the Eurosport Cardiff team along with husband Scott.-should be good and hopefully Charlie will be watching and will learn how to conduct decent interviews.

Fantastic news - Sophie was always great when working for Sky. Nice to see her back and it's also great that Sky haven't decided to use Sky's current girl (I can't even remember her name...)