British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Eurosport

The other thing that I would be interested to know is how Pearson and Tatum fit in with the imagine that Monster want is trying to portray for the GPs.

This video (

) and its soundtrack doesn't really sit along side two middle-aged men and their tired catchphrases.

Not sure the TV coverage should be linked in any way! OK Monster are sponsors, but sponsors come and sponsors go. It's not THEIR series, they're a commercial partner like everyone else including Eurosport. Fact is there is probably no better option than the commentators we have, otherwise Eurosport would probably have employed them. I think Wooooooooaaaahhh is a catch phrase used by lots of Speedway spectators when something happens; I don't think it qualifies as a catch phrase !!! (they can keep Woffy Woofy Woffy though! He must cringe when he hears that!) Edited by Stan Duppcomic

Not sure the TV coverage should be linked in any way! OK Monster are sponsors, but sponsors come and sponsors go. It's not THEIR series, they're a commercial partner like everyone else including Eurosport. Fact is there is probably no better option than the commentators we have, otherwise Eurosport would probably have employed them. I think Wooooooooaaaahhh is a catch phrase used by lots of Speedway spectators when something happens; I don't think it qualifies as a catch phrase !!! (they can keep Woffy Woofy Woffy though! He must cringe when he hears that!)

I appreciate what you say, but Monster do seem to be trying to drag the sport into the 20th century. Do Sky or the BSPA cut a "highlights" clip of each meeting on YouTube?

As for other commentators, I'm sure Eurosport could find them. I quite liked Jonathan Green's commentary on SGP, although anyone who doesn't say "Woofy, Woofy, Woofy" would be a good start.

The other thing that I would be interested to know is how Pearson and Tatum fit in with the imagine that Monster want is trying to portray for the GPs.

This video (

) and its soundtrack doesn't really sit along side two middle-aged men and their tired catchphrases.

I would imagine they are quite happy with them. :t::rofl: :rofl:

Thank Christ you kept it short!!!!! If anyone has the will to wade through it perhaps they could let us know if it is anything more than the usual boring garbage

Heyyy that was the abridged version hee hee.. Ok i admit i excelled myself there lol.

And plenty of free advertising for your magazine of course...

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I couldn't imagine the sport of speedway without the Speedway Star no more than i could imagine a world without meeeeeee lol.

'Sigh'!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The fact that the Commentators are mentioning 'Speedway Star' is a plus for Speedway as well as a plus for 'Speedway Star'. Newcomers will learn that there is a Magazine out there where they can follow up on the GP and may find out that there is a Track local to them in their area. They may even consider popping along to watch a Meeting live and become regular Supporters. Can you not see that Blazeaway?

I am all for advertising anything that raises the profile of our Sport - what is so wrong with that?

As for 'Speedway Star' benefiting - so it should, it is after all, the ONLY Weekly Magazine around for our Sport.

100% agree every single line of that post and second it heartily.

I appreciate what you say, but Monster do seem to be trying to drag the sport into the 20th century.

What with that bloke who keeps getting his mug onto the tv when he can, scary looking guy. Thought he was part of Gollob or Hancocks team but someone told me he's from Monster ? Ewww

What with that bloke who keeps getting his mug onto the tv when he can, scary looking guy. Thought he was part of Gollob or Hancocks team but someone told me he's from Monster ? Ewww

Are we talking about the chap with the grey chin beard, or the chap with dreadlocks and more metal in his face than what's on the bikes?

Lots of plugs for the Swedish GP on Eurosport's WSBK coverage yesterday. And Tony Carter "big-upped" Woffy too.

Noticed that too, and they had another replay of the Bydgoszcz GP after race 1 yesterday. Plenty more mentions to come too I would imagine with the Swedish GP slap bang in the middle of the Jerez Moto GP weekend. The SGP's are reaching a far more targeted audience on Eurosport.

• Like 3

I will be on holiday in Tenerife this Saturday (4th May) and cannot get Eurosport where I am staying.

Is it possible to watch it on line, or any other options?

Thanks.

Won't there be loads of English pubs that will have big screens for you to watch it on? You can have proper good English food too, none of that foreign muck :D

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 4

They also have scheduled highlights of the GP of Europe from 4.30 pm - 6 pm tomorrow, well worth watching if you missed it.

Won't there be loads of English pubs that will have big screens for you to watch it on? You can have proper good English food too, none of that foreign muck :D

Good English food like a Curry or Kebab. Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

They also have scheduled highlights of the GP of Europe from 4.30 pm - 6 pm tomorrow, well worth watching if you missed it.Good English food like a Curry or Kebab.

No, that's foreign muck. I was talking about chilli and spag bol ;)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 2

Looking forward to this.

Meetings from Ullevi are normally not very good. But I'm sure Eurosport will fix that, and the racing will be top notch tomorrow.

I also think Eurosport's solution to the UK economy will soon see us out of recession, and back as a world superpower. I'm also looking forward to Eurosport's manned trip to Uranus before the end of the year.

All the best

Rob

• Like 4

I'm also looking forward to Eurosport's manned trip to Uranus before the end of the year.
There have already been plenty of manned trips to my anus, I'm not sure I want Eurosport filming it though!

There have already been plenty of manned trips to my anus, I'm not sure I want Eurosport filming it though!

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "a rocket up the ar$e"!