British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Eurosport

THERE won't be any studio presence until Cardiff. It was all a bit last minute for Eurosport as well and will take them a little time to fully get their act together.

If having guests in the studio is going to happen when 'they get their act together' then hopefully they won't. :P

• Like 5

Couldn't agree more NO STUDIO GUESTS please ,I thought the NZ gp was great and happy with tatum and pearson BUT if they get heuwen back I may blow my brains out he is pants

Get him back?, they never had him in the first place. Heuwen and his studio was a SKY addition

Hopefully after tonight's European Grand Prix those who immensely enjoyed the entertaining fare on offer will contact Eurosport and let them know. Sky were stuck with the same old, same old ball sports. Informing them of our appreciation could lead to further expanded coverage of the sport and certainly at the very least ensure continued transmissions of the SGP.

Awwww! - ok i a burly bloke so can't hug him - but don't know why Keith Huewen getting such negative reviews, especially when in the presence of Sam Ermolenko! I thought Keith provided an excellent 'outside of speedway' viewpoint. I think he also was responsible for alerting other bike sport fans to speedway. I think speedway fans very often overlook the fact that TV presenters are often placed to pose questions that non-enthusiasts would ask. No more rabid example exists than the abuse the Sky lady pit reporters receive, however, be assured they deliver a valuable service for sport fans who 'happen' to tune into a speedway broadcast.

The biggest bonus with Eurosport compared to Sky are the multiple re-runs of the meeting shown over a two week period. So going to view tonight's meeting again

THAT won't happen ...

?? what is the particular emphasis on 'THAT'? Regarding studio guests per se or Keith Huewen?

Edited by manchesterpaul

Really enjoying the Eurosport presentation, as others have said seems to run much quicker.

I did miss the commentator from the NZ GP though, a much more informing type of than Nigel Pearson.

Edited by george.m

Pretty pleased with the Eurosport coverage apart from a few small things.

When Pearson / Tatum are not commentating, the voice that comes on clearly doesnt know speedway and makes numerous mistakes. Would rather have someone involved in the sport sitting in a studio somewhere. Sam Ermolenko, Steve Johnston, David Norris, Chris Louis or a current rider.

The only other thing is when the race is about to start, the riders faces appear above the gate they are in and say their name. .... Why do Nigel and Kelvin have to do those one liners ...... "Chris Holder" = Needs to find something ..... "Tomasz Gollob" = He's found something ..... "Krzysztof Kasprzak" = Yet to get on the score board ..... "Darcy Ward" = Has a hand injury ..... Aaaaarrrggggggghhhhhhh !!!!

Otherwise pretty good :approve:

Excellent coverage again. I like the lack of studio bit. Yes the continuity announcer isn't that knowledeable but I like the recap before the next four heats instead of experts (and I use the word loosely cos it often includes Ermolenkeo) telling us what we already know. We seemed to see more of the peripherals last night, pits, tapes etc which Sky never showed us seeming to prefer to use their "experts". Pearson & Tatum didn't annoy me at all, well only at the begining when they told us at least 3 times in 5 minutes how many GPs Hancock had been in :P . Perhaps it was just the brilliant standard of racing or maybe it was because they were actually able to concentrate on the meeting itself instead of publicising the next Sky league match. Whatever they were much better.

All in all Eurosport are doing a wonderful job. Keep doing exactly what you are doing and forget the studio....save some money Eurosport and put it towards more speedway coverage :lol:

• Like 2

Hopefully after tonight's European Grand Prix those who immensely enjoyed the entertaining fare on offer will contact Eurosport and let them know. Sky were stuck with the same old, same old ball sports. Informing them of our appreciation could lead to further expanded coverage of the sport and certainly at the very least ensure continued transmissions of the SGP.

Awwww! - ok i a burly bloke so can't hug him - but don't know why Keith Huewen getting such negative reviews, especially when in the presence of Sam Ermolenko! I thought Keith provided an excellent 'outside of speedway' viewpoint. I think he also was responsible for alerting other bike sport fans to speedway. I think speedway fans very often overlook the fact that TV presenters are often placed to pose questions that non-enthusiasts would ask. No more rabid example exists than the abuse the Sky lady pit reporters receive, however, be assured they deliver a valuable service for sport fans who 'happen' to tune into a speedway broadcast.

The biggest bonus with Eurosport compared to Sky are the multiple re-runs of the meeting shown over a two week period. So going to view tonight's meeting again

?? what is the particular emphasis on 'THAT'? Regarding studio guests per se or Keith Huewen?

Phil Rising starts all his posts with the first word in capitals...

I think the racing is better in the GPs this year. I'd like to thank Eurosport for that. Also, since Eurosport had the GPs Thatcher has died, that can't be a co-incidence can it? Thank you to Eurosport for killing Thatcher. I'm also sure the World has become a better place since Eurosport took on the GPs, thank you to them.

FFS you bunch of idiots, Eurosport are showing the same feed that Sky used to show. They're not out there filming it themselves!

I think the racing is better in the GPs this year. I'd like to thank Eurosport for that. Also, since Eurosport had the GPs Thatcher has died, that can't be a co-incidence can it? Thank you to Eurosport for killing Thatcher. I'm also sure the World has become a better place since Eurosport took on the GPs, thank you to them.

FFS you bunch of idiots, Eurosport are showing the same feed that Sky used to show. They're not out there filming it themselves!

Is that not classed as abusing Forum Members??? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is that not classed as abusing Forum Members??? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Stating a fact as I see it. Everyone is thanking Eurosport for providing us with the World feed, the same pictures sky gave us for years and people slagged off.

Eurosport have no control over what they get other than being able to switch it off when it suits (as Sky used to do). Eurosport can't show any more than Sky could show and vice-versa. I'm all for the commenting on the preference of showing the feed all the way and not going back to the studio but some seem to be claiming the racing is better and the commentary is better (it was the same two people as normal last night!) and even the camera work is better - if Sky were showing the GPs the camera work would be the same!

Well done Eurosports I like many have said did enjoy the coverage and no studio is great

Do people think with all the good comments we can get them too cover the E/L.

I for one would be well happy if it was too happen.

See :blink:

Eurosport are NOT filming the GPs, they're just shwoing the standard coverage. AFAIK, Eurosport don't do any of their own filming, they just take the feeds of others so who do you propose films the EL is Sky don't?

Edited by SCB

Stating a fact as I see it. Everyone is thanking Eurosport for providing us with the World feed, the same pictures sky gave us for years and people slagged off.

Eurosport have no control over what they get other than being able to switch it off when it suits (as Sky used to do). Eurosport can't show any more than Sky could show and vice-versa. I'm all for the commenting on the preference of showing the feed all the way and not going back to the studio but some seem to be claiming the racing is better and the commentary is better (it was the same two people as normal last night!) and even the camera work is better - if Sky were showing the GPs the camera work would be the same!

See :blink:

Eurosport are NOT filming the GPs, they're just shwoing the standard coverage. AFAIK, Eurosport don't do any of their own filming, they just take the feeds of others so who do you propose films the EL is Sky don't?

I know - you are right. I took exception to the wording, that is all. :)

The VoiceOver after the ad breaks sounded like Tony Carter who fronts the live British superbike series for Eurosport. He's always plugging speedway on that show, I found the most annoying thing is the riders saying their names and the one liners, not good. But like others prefer no studio just all the action from the track.

The only other thing is when the race is about to start, the riders faces appear above the gate they are in and say their name. .... Why do Nigel and Kelvin have to do those one liners ...... "Chris Holder" = Needs to find something ..... "Tomasz Gollob" = He's found something ..... "Krzysztof Kasprzak" = Yet to get on the score board ..... "Darcy Ward" = Has a hand injury ..... Aaaaarrrggggggghhhhhhh !!!!

Otherwise pretty good :approve:

We make up own 1 liners, its more fun! But probably not broadcastable! :rofl:

• Like 1