British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Eurosport

That's the one, couldn't remember which GP they started work on. I'm sure that'll give some mixed opinions... Personally I'm happy they're back. I love their commentary.

So am I Dave - BUT - are you trying to 'wind people up' or what? :shock: :shock: :wink:

Anyone requiring a stream either for it live at 3 am or the full repeat at 10,30 am please PM me before 11pm tonight or 9.30 am tomorrow respectively.

You will need to have downloaded "flash " to watch

Let me know when you're out and I will pop round and nick your telly if that's ok?

I've had virgin for years and it's a nice bonus to have the speedway on MY Tv instead of having to go to a sky subscribers house or a speedway friendly pub , I think Sky might Just regret letting this go when they see the viewer figures , and the amount of people who have ditched sky sports

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 2

Keep up the good work . Please keep Wade & Johnno.

Have to agree wholeheartedly, great commentary today. Perhaps just good to have a change.

Having said that, it was just great having speedway back on the telly.

Who cares the commentators, it could even have been the BSF's own resident commentators ...

Alan Parsoles and Dustybin321. :blink:

Great coverage of the GP. Reallly liked the commentary team. The Aussie guy could get on your nerves if we had him more often but Johnno is streets ahead of any other co-commentator we have.

Don't know who did the not-in-vision voiceover links for British Eurosport but that was so much better than having the studio rubbish that Sky have given us for the past 15 years.

Liked today's Eurosport coverage, not least the commentary pairing.

Johno head and shoulders above anyone else used to date.

I don't know if it was my imagination but I thought some of the early racing picture coverage was a bit dodgy i.e. they seemed to have a bit of difficulty in getting more than one rider in shot and cutting between the various riders. Only a slight criticism and it did get better as the meeting progressed, I think.

• Like 1

Dont think many will have ditched Sky Sports just cos theres no GP speedway, as for viewing figures, if they were that great dont worry it would still be on Sky...In my Opinion......Oh I enjoyed the coverage, but I also like Nigel and Kelvin so either way I'm not too bothered.

Good light-hearted commentry from Wade and Johno.A few wee errors but still easy listening. Johno is is one of the best IMO. IMO too much track Prep in GP's just when the racing is kicking in they water the track and the processions start again .

Good light-hearted commentry from Wade and Johno.A few wee errors but still easy listening. Johno is is one of the best IMO. IMO too much track Prep in GP's just when the racing is kicking in they water the track and the processions start again .

Agree Maybe grade after 8 races, then 16, only water if its dusty....Referees discretion.

Great coverage of the GP. Reallly liked the commentary team. The Aussie guy could get on your nerves if we had him more often but Johnno is streets ahead of any other co-commentator we have.

Don't know who did the not-in-vision voiceover links for British Eurosport but that was so much better than having the studio rubbish that Sky have given us for the past 15 years.

The voiceover sounded to me like Steve Day who sometimes commentates on World Superbikes if it clashes with British Superbikes.

First of all, I would like to THANK Eurosport very much for adding Speedway to their stable of Motorcycling Events. :approve:

Thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the GP by Eurosport. Commentary Team was excellent, Pictures were super. I actually enjoyed the whole experience. :approve:

VERY, VERY Well Done to Eurosport you did a superb job - we even got to see the Presentation. Nice one!! :t::approve:

• Like 9

Many thanks to Eurosport for showing the IMG/BSI tv coverage. Not sure I could stomach the commentary team for every GP although it was good for a change - they did seem to just carry on talking whether there was anything useful to say or not!!!

Still its back to Nigel and Kelvin/Jan for the remaining GPs

• Like 1

First of all, I would like to THANK Eurosport very much for adding Speedway to their stable of Motorcycling Events. :approve:

Thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the GP by Eurosport. Commentary Team was excellent, Pictures were super. I actually enjoyed the whole experience. :approve:

VERY, VERY Well Done to Eurosport you did a superb job - we even got to see the Presentation. Nice one!! :t::approve:

I will quite happily second that.