British Speedway Forum

Speedway On Eurosport

I really enjoyed Eurosport's coverage of the British GP. The presenter (Andy Jaye) whilst admitting at the start his limited knowledge of the sport, came across really well I thought. Sophie is so much better then Charlie, I just cringe sometimes with the question's Charlie asks. Scott I have always liked as a pundit but looked alot laid back then when he was on Sky. The bit about the bike set-up with Scott before the meeting was fascinating I thought.

Edited by Brummie Kev

I like the whole Eurosport thing, and ethic.

A presenter admitting he wasn't totally up on speedway, decent honest presenting. And the people who they got on board, having watched it back, did a great job.

They are not dictators to times too... unlike Sky.

They simply cover stuff, as it happens. Sky are very demanding. Deadlines are trawled out by Sky on how a whole sporting event MUST be done.

Good luck to them. It's saving me cash too!

Eurosport get Five Stars out of Five for their presentation as far as I am concerned - I think they do a GREAT job. :t::approve: :approve:

Keep up the good work folks. :) :)

Edited by The White Knight

Eurosport love bike racing. They show hours and hours of coverage of British Super Bikes, World Super Bikes and Moto GP. They are THE channel for bike racing and having speedway now on Eurosport is probably one of the best things that could happen for speedway.

It's going to hit a more targetted audience than it ever did on Sky. Speedway GP's fall, at the moment, the same weekends as Moto GP's which has a massive TV audience. Unfortunately Eurosport don't have the rights to show the main MotoGP race live, so are showing the previous evenings Speedway GP in the gap between Moto2 finishing and them being able to show their MotoGP coverage.

• Like 1

Very good coverage, standing in front of track chatting to Scott is much better than being sat up in the box, the atmosphere seemed to come across better, and as others have said, you could really get the presenters 'boyish enthusiasm and excitement' for being there. I thought it worked well with Scott being a recent GP rider being there, who spoke clearly and with insight, just as did Kelvin prior to the racing starting. Sophie I think works, because the riders she interviews know she as the knowledge being married to a rider herself, so it all really worked. I assume it is not in the budget to have the same setup and presentation team at the tracks for every GP, but it would be nice if they did. My only complaint is the commentator, replace Pearson and it would be 100% perfect coverage.

• Like 1

Very good coverage, standing in front of track chatting to Scott is much better than being sat up in the box, the atmosphere seemed to come across better, and as others have said, you could really get the presenters 'boyish enthusiasm and excitement' for being there. I thought it worked well with Scott being a recent GP rider being there, who spoke clearly and with insight, just as did Kelvin prior to the racing starting. Sophie I think works, because the riders she interviews know she as the knowledge being married to a rider herself, so it all really worked. I assume it is not in the budget to have the same setup and presentation team at the tracks for every GP, but it would be nice if they did. My only complaint is the commentator, replace Pearson and it would be 100% perfect coverage.

I was going to give you a 'Like' until I read the last sentence. You never miss a chance do you? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Watched the majority of the replay on Sunday and, aside from the fact that Scott and Sophie appeared to have been cut out of the shortened coverage (unless they were on before or after the segment I viewed) I was extremely happy with what the £2.99/month Eurosport Player coverage looks like. Wonder what the chances are of them stepping in to fill the breech if/when Sky drop league speedway.....?

EDIT: yeah I know that the GP coverage involves them paying for a feed whereas league speedway would involve the expense of filming and producing - so probably not very likely at all....

Edited by Tkdandy

I was going to give you a 'Like' until I read the last sentence. You never miss a chance do you? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh I am sorry, am I repeating myself, again, and again, and again. I thought that was ok and acceptable, because after all the aforementioned does it every other minute on his commentary too.

Edited by TheReturn

Oh I am sorry, am I repeating myself, again, and again, and again. I thought that was ok and acceptable, because after all the aforementioned does it every other minute on his commentary too.

Two wrongs don't make a right. :) :)

Absolutely brilliant coverage by British Eurosport - hope it can long continue, and expand into league racing as well

Just two small points, though . . .

1. I think I'm right in saying that in all the GPs so far, including Cardiff, they have cut to a break immediately after showing the Heat 20 result, without showing the final cumulative scores to that point - which is perhaps the most important item that they should be showing :cry:

2. Sophie Blake failed to ask any of the riders "how important is it?" ;)

Got to agree with the posts here, thought the coverage & presentation by Eurosport was superb.

The “new” to Speedway guy (Andy Jaye?) I thought was very good, he certainly was enthusiastic! For a newbie he asked the right questions

Two big surprises, the contribution from Scott Nicholls, he & the “new” guy were a very good, much better to have them tackside so us stay at home fans could at least get a feel of the place.

The big surprise seeing Sophie Blake back on screen – her reappearance has been long overdue.

Absolutely brilliant coverage by British Eurosport - hope it can long continue, and expand into league racing as well

Just two small points, though . . .

1. I think I'm right in saying that in all the GPs so far, including Cardiff, they have cut to a break immediately after showing the Heat 20 result, without showing the final cumulative scores to that point - which is perhaps the most important item that they should be showing :cry:

That was the case throughout 2012 as well. It could be that their scorechart software/operator is unable to work out the correct order of the top eight if countbacks are required. Also Ales Dryml was shown in 18th place after 3 rides behind Cook and Auty although at that stage neither reserve had taken a ride.

Got up and left the coverage after 20 minutes. The only bad thing I can say about Eurosport is that they are covering this tripe and should show more adverts. What is their excuse for starting late - and are they going to apologise for starting at all.

• Like 1