British Speedway Forum

24th August 2013 Gp Challenge @ Poole

Piotr Pawlicki it is just announced on Sportowefakty

"Pole to occur next Saturday in Poole, where the Grand Prix will be held Challenge. Initially reported that in the UK Junior Fogo Leszno Union will only backup.

Pawlickich younger brother took eighth place in Wednesday's semi-finals Individual World Championships in Holsted. In Poole must start representing Great Britain, which was to take place Polish speedway rider. As it turns out the Briton will go for Jurica Pavlica, who was eighth in the semi-final in Lonigo."

What a star that FSP is :lol:

"Pole to occur next Saturday in Poole, where the Grand Prix will be held Challenge. Initially reported that in the UK Junior Fogo Leszno Union will only backup.

Pawlickich younger brother took eighth place in Wednesday's semi-finals Individual World Championships in Holsted. In Poole must start representing Great Britain, which was to take place Polish speedway rider. As it turns out the Briton will go for Jurica Pavlica, who was eighth in the semi-final in Lonigo."

Translate someone, I didnt understand any of that.

It means that as FSP our Finnish correspondant has been saying the 8th rider from Holsted qualified if Kennett failed to make it through-and only 7 from Lonigo qualified therefore Pavlic 8th in Lonigo is now only reserve for the poole final-all down to a complete lack of communication by the FIM prior to the Holsted meeting. Edited by racers and royals

Exactly what was said on the SGP website, straight after Holsted, wasn't it?!

Incidentally, it is on Saturday 24th not next Saturday! :neutral:

No,they said they pawlicki was only reserve as did every other news outlet including the FIM`s website http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/speedway-gp/qualifications/news/news-detail/article/1375945637-iversen-keeps-momentum/ -the only person who said that wasn`t correct was forum "wiseman" FSP :approve: -have a look at the posts on the Holsted thread. Edited by racers and royals

No,they said they pawlicki was only reserve as did every other news outlet including the FIM`s website http://www.fim-live....keeps-momentum/ -the only person who said that wasn`t correct was forum "wiseman" FSP :approve: -have a look at the posts on the Holsted thread.

I often come to these forums to try and ascertain if official press releases by the SGP site and the FIM are correct. Certainly the FIM site can be slow to publish (or not publish at all) changes to a meeting. The SGP site has on several occasions got things wrong. They also are not averse to going back and re-writing a paragraph instead of adding an update at the bottom of the story or simply publishing an update as a new article.

In no way am I celebrating (though this plays in favour of Timo Lahti in this competition), but can someone please explain why and how the Pawlicki brothers are always winning meetings this week and crashing out the next (EDIT) with semiserious injuries? This is now the third time this season I thought about this and decided to find out if there's a theory out there... :blink:

Edited by f-s-p

What a star that FSP is :lol:

SECONDED and much appreciated.

Incidentally, my post was simply to point out that it was now being confirmed as the case.

In no way am I celebrating (though this plays in favour of Timo Lahti in this competition), but can someone please explain why and how the Pawlicki brothers are always winning meetings this week and crashing out the next (EDIT) with semiserious injuries? This is now the third time this season I thought about this and decided to find out if there's a theory out there... :blink:

Maybe it`s as simple as they ride on the edge-and never accept the position they`re in.

Hey don't diss Google Translate lol. Most people have the brain power to grasp the gist and main points of a Google Translated article. It's a superb free service, and if using a Google Chrome browser it will translate a page instantly and automatically. Their translations are obviously improving in accuracy year on year. It's not so long ago that to get a Polish translation on the web you had to pay.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Maybe it`s as simple as they ride on the edge-and never accept the position they`re in.

I would add that they occasionally is riding over the edge/their capability.

Its only two years ago that one of the Pawlicki brother striked Ryan Sullivan in the Swedish final between Piraterna and Indianerna

causing a broken collarbone on Ryan and forcing Indianerna to cope with 6 riders in the first final.

I really don't understand how Danny King can get the vote. Nothing against him, he is a good rider, but he couldn't get a pick from our GB team manager for the SWC. He wasn't in our top 6 riders according to MIddlo.

Did he enter the GP qualification series which shows the ambition to want to ride in the GP

Anyone know how this decision was made and who by ?

Good luck to him but 5 rides from a GP spot is laughable.

Thank God they didn't go for Chris Harris yet again. I'm not a massive King fan, but I believe he has been the top British rider in the Elite League for most of this season (Woffinden aside). I suppose that's kind of logical and makes more sense than the random choices they've made in the past.

JT.

• Like 1