British Speedway Forum

24th August 2013 Gp Challenge @ Poole

AND while you keep hammering Harris, he did score 10 points, was (I believe) leading at least once when a race was stopped, and probably fared better than any other British rider would have done. One thing you get from CH is 100 per cent effort. That may not be good enough but on a personal level he certainly doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on here.

ABSOLUTELY agree with that 100%.....

AND while you keep hammering Harris, he did score 10 points, was (I believe) leading at least once when a race was stopped, and probably fared better than any other British rider would have done. One thing you get from CH is 100 per cent effort. That may not be good enough but on a personal level he certainly doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on here.

I'm sorry, but after all the opportunities he's had (and largely wasted), I have absolutely no sympathy for Chris Harris. I'm sure there are plenty of riders who give '100%', but haven't received the charity he has.

The fact remains, in his home country, in a meeting he didn't deserve to start, he still couldn't qualify.

JT.

Edited by JT

I'm sorry, but after all the opportunities he's had (and largely wasted), I have absolutely no sympathy for Chris Harris. I'm sure there are plenty of riders who give '100%', but haven't received the charity he has.

The fact remains, in his home country, in a meeting he didn't deserve to start, he still couldn't qualify.

JT.

Alright, we get it.

You dont want Harris to get a wildcard, you didnt approve of him being in the meeting tonight.

Fine.

Move on.

Rocky 4 is on telly. Well worth a watch again.

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 2

JT.

Whatever.............who cares what you think!

Your sounding like a broken record.

• Like 1

Not really chap did`nt think they would get close at all with some of the quality on show but you`re lads must be disappointed !! Glug Glug.............

Why would are chaps be upset ..your riders were riding on there own track with magic being expected to be in the first 3 ...as normal just like the final last year and in this year in the league you choked ..I would say see you in the play offs but you won't be there :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Alright, we get it.

You dont want Harris to get a wildcard, you didnt approve of him being in the meeting tonight.

Fine.

Move on.

In summary, yes. Thanks for taking such a keen interest.

Now move on.

JT.

In summary, yes. Thanks for taking such a keen interest.

Now move on.

JT.

Only in speedway do you find english/brits hammering british riders! I dont understand it at all. Id sooner have harris in than any overseas rider, simply because im english and want ANY english/british rider to succeed!

Only in speedway!

Only in speedway do you find english/brits hammering british riders! I dont understand it at all. Id sooner have harris in than any overseas rider, simply because im english and want ANY english/british rider to succeed!

Only in speedway!

I agree 100%

Whatever.............who cares what you think!

Your sounding like a broken record.

*You're right, let's all just give up. Who really cares what anyone on here thinks?

The Harris debate is a distraction anyway, congratulations to the top 3.

JT.

Thats rubbish!!! British people allways hammer there own sportsmen/women. Look at football, rugby, tennis. Simple fact is Harris has been afforded more charity! Why does this keep happening?? How often will it keep happening?? Its embarassing

• Like 2

*You're right, let's all just give up. Who really cares what anyone on here thinks?

The Harris debate is a distraction anyway, congratulations to the top 3.

JT.

People care what people think...just not when it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over....

Thats rubbish!!! British people allways hammer there own sportsmen/women. Look at football, rugby, tennis. Simple fact is Harris has been afforded more charity! Why does this keep happening?? How often will it keep happening?? Its embarassing

Not all British people, and who is it embarrassing? Certainly not me

He was superb at P'Boro this season when he visited.

Why shouldn't he take the opportunity when it's offered?

There's a lot more going on in speedway that's more embarrassing at the moment

Niels Kristian Iversen

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Kenneth Bjerre

All GP riders next year!

Smoliski and Harris both scored 10! Dunno who gets 4th and 5th!

Has to be Harris all the conspiracy hunters on the forum moan how he got in so having consulted the FIM ACU BSPA Etc rulebooks it all comes down to alphabetic order Chrissy Boy do your best

Not all British people, and who is it embarrassing? Certainly not me

He was superb at P'Boro this season when he visited.

Why shouldn't he take the opportunity when it's offered?

There's a lot more going on in speedway that's more embarrassing at the moment

Where did i say he shouldnt of taken it?? What i said was IMO its embarrassing he keeps being offered when he is plainly not good enough!! Couldnt give a monkeys how he rides Peterborough.

People care what people think...just not when it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over....

Touché!

I really shouldn't get so irate, apologies for my inane rambling. Too many glasses of red…

On a more positive note, I actually think a German in the series will be good for speedway as a whole. I can't see Smolinski finishing in the top 8 overall, but his inclusion should raise more interest in that part of Europe.

JT.