British Speedway Forum

New Zealand Gp.

I got up to watch the GP, and wasn't dissappointed. The raciing may not have been the best, but the full english breakfast with cold beer was worth getting up for. @£4 a month to wtch the GP I'm not complaining.

Thank you Eurosport for believing in Speedway

Quit moaning all you haters,we're watching GP Speedway aren't we??

Keep Jonno and Wade pleeeeeaase...

IMO no studio drivel and pits reporting asking the same obvious questions was better but what the heck,the commentry was very interesting and fun,

Shame the ref made 2 bad descisions that's all

Great peice on Greg too,great way to go

Thanks Eurosport

Edited by Gearhead
  • Like 2

YES, no double points in the final this year.

This will mean that we get even more meetings where the winner of the Final is not the top point scorer.

And still no points reward for a rider reaching the semis and then finishing 4th.

I'd like to see scoring 4-3-2-1 in semis and 6-4-2-1 in Final (non-finishers to score 0)

• Like 1

I know very little about it and have no need to. It was you that introduced the topic. I guess its a way for you to keep warm north of the border!! :approve:

Not really. You need to read my post and your own again.

I merely mentioned a TV channel and what can be seen on it.

You're bringing a new dimension to it!

So by your logic ...

Is that the way you keep warm south of the border!!! :approve:

Edited by george.m

Was not too bad , but who was the rider PETERSON ,that annoyingly kept being mentioned. I also thought that most of the entertainment came from the two "W's" Woffinden and Ward.

He was saying PEE-DER-SON which is, amazingly, how you say Nickis surname. But British commentators have got it wrong for years. Heaven forbid someone should try and say Charlie Gjedde last name correctly, would confused everyone :D In fact, my one issue with Nigel Pearsons is his poor pronunciation of riders names and often he has no excuse, the rider are a few foot away from him in the pits.

Just watched the GP - there was very little to get excited about apart from the two very bad refereeing decisions. Iversen clearly laid it down and should have been commended rather than excluded, and if it was anyone else except Bunyan it would have been called differently. Where were all these new faces in the final - oh yeah, they weren't! :wink:

He was saying PEE-DER-SON which is, amazingly, how you say Nickis surname. But British commentators have got it wrong for years. Heaven forbid someone should try and say Charlie Gjedde last name correctly, would confused everyone :D In fact, my one issue with Nigel Pearsons is his poor pronunciation of riders names and often he has no excuse, the rider are a few foot away from him in the pits.

Oh well new batteries for the hearing aid it is for me then, cant comment about the other three people who heard "PEE-TER-SON", nor if the pronounciation is correct or not, but we always use the "d" in his name

Not really. You need to read my post and your own again.

I merely mentioned a TV channel and what can be seen on it.

You're bringing a new dimension to it!

So by your logic ...

Is that the way you keep warm south of the border!!! :approve:

Your post - 'All meetings except when Poole are racing.

Their meetings will be on the Adult Channel , where all the t!ts can be seen.'

Why mention Poole (or any team for that matter) in the context of an Adult channel?? Totally irrelevant to the thread as well as being somewhat insulting as well!! Hence my response which suggested that, to come out with comments like that,you must like watching the channel with all the t!!ts to keep warm!! We don't need such things 'daaann saaaath' to keep warm, we have the World Champion and other top speedway riders every week!! :t:

ps. just watched heat 20 of the NZ GP again - terrific racing by Darcy Ward. Looking forward to seeing more of the same this Friday.

What on earth have I got to do with it? I am an antique dealer.

I just fell off my chair when i read that Steve. Could never visualize you as a Lovejoy! :D