British Speedway Forum

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

Just happy that we can all watched the GP'S on Tv so a big thanks to eurosport ...I thought Johnno was good but he always was on Sky ,the other GUY thou he did make me laugh HE would get on nerves over a longer period and had plenty of milard type sayings .

I know that the general feeling is that Pearson & Tatum aren't particularly good (which I have to say I agree with), but Wade Aunger did prove how hard a job it is, by consistently calling the wrong riders and coming out with some total BS.

Apparently a bike length behind is tailed off (ala Greg Hancock in one ride).

That said, I agree it was better staying at the track rather than having to go back to the studio to hear the same dull comments, from the same dull guests.

All in all a decent start from Eurosport, it will be interesting to see whether they have anything new to add to the production once we get back to Europe.

I know that the general feeling is that Pearson & Tatum aren't particularly good (which I have to say I agree with), but Wade Aunger did prove how hard a job it is, by consistently calling the wrong riders and coming out with some total BS.

Apparently a bike length behind is tailed off (ala Greg Hancock in one ride).

That said, I agree it was better staying at the track rather than having to go back to the studio to hear the same dull comments, from the same dull guests.

All in all a decent start from Eurosport, it will be interesting to see whether they have anything new to add to the production once we get back to Europe.

I expect they'll have their own studio with their own dull guests!!

does anybody know whether SkySports News actually reported the result the meeting ?....my bugbear with SSN is that it is sports news for sports covered by Sky and anything else is ignored basically...so last year the Grand Prix's were covered excellently on SSN but this year they probably deny their very existence !......

Sky are not even showing that EL is being shown on wednesday in there sports on sky schedule page.

Sky are not even showing that EL is being shown on wednesday in there sports on sky schedule page.

My sky planner shows Elite League Speedway on Skysports 1 7.30pm?????

Or do you mean the SSN Live Sport schedule?????

Edited by screamer

Live sports schedule, sky used to have a page that is still on my pull down screens, but this now shows sports on sky- day by day, but it does not show speedway. I used to look at this inorder to plan what day to go to the pub to watch it.

Have found speedway live schedule on sky sports news.

Edited by A ORLOV

I must admit as much as I like Pearson/Tatum, Wade and Jonno make a good pairing. It would be nice to alternate between the 2 between GPs to keep it feeling fresh. Just a suggestion?

I did really enjoy some of the one liners. My favourite was when Wade said 'That Australian flag got a right thrashing there' - I'm not explaining why that was valid but I was in tears

does anybody know whether SkySports News actually reported the result the meeting ?....my bugbear with SSN is that it is sports news for sports covered by Sky and anything else is ignored basically...so last year the Grand Prix's were covered excellently on SSN but this year they probably deny their very existence !......

I had SSN on sporadically over the weekend. Don't recall any mention of the GP. As you say it will now cease to exist for Sky.

I'm reserving some judgment of Eurosport. Being 3am there was never a chance of clashing. Wait to see what happens when it over runs and another live event is scheduled after. At least with Sky a clash could be moved to the red button option

I think we are seeing an end of an era SGP and World Cup are now with British Eurosport for at least 3 years the EL is still being shown on Sky Sports but i cant see them renewing the contract to show EL 2014 ? Unless its with a ball Sky don't seem interested I just hope the powers that be are NOW trying to sort out a new TV contract for the EL 2014 it needs sorting ASAP because with out a TV contract the EL will all that be dead as we know it .

I'm reserving some judgment of Eurosport. Being 3am there was never a chance of clashing. Wait to see what happens when it over runs and another live event is scheduled after. At least with Sky a clash could be moved to the red button option

have to agree there no clash at 3am as you say no problem prime time Saturday night could be a big problem .

There is Eurosport 2.

There is Eurosport 2.

:rofl: Can't believe you just said that. The GP's are live a peak times. Most often both Eurosport channels show live sport on a Saturday evenings and I genuinely fear for the Speedway if and when it over runs.