British Speedway Forum

Who's Still Available?

Yeah I think you're right but I've read on the BBC website he signed along with Bel vue

said on edinbrugh press release talks would start with cookie when john campbell got back from holiday http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/speedway/speedway-monarchs-signing-can-be-next-season-s-masters-card-1-2675666

the report of him singing for bell vue and edinbrugh cam from that stupid welshman at birmingham drury once again opening his big mouth

said on edinbrugh press release talks would start with cookie when john campbell got back from holiday http://m.scotsman.co...-card-1-2675666

the report of him singing for bell vue and edinbrugh cam from that stupid welshman at birmingham drury once again opening his big mouth

Talented lad that Craig Cook.

• Like 1

Pity Chris Louis did not seem fit to sign Craig Cook at Ipswich on a snip of an average of 8.50 to ride along Ben as 2 powerful heatleaders. Add Lanham, Tungate and Ellis and it still left 7.70 for the other 2 so could have included Heeps on a 4.40 together with a 3.30 rider. What a team that would have been but we have Risager and Makinen :sad: :sad:

Pity Chris Louis did not seem fit to sign Craig Cook at Ipswich on a snip of an average of 8.50 to ride along Ben as 2 powerful heatleaders. Add Lanham, Tungate and Ellis and it still left 7.70 for the other 2 so could have included Heeps on a 4.40 together with a 3.30 rider. What a team that would have been but we have Risager and Makinen :sad: :sad:

With the wage cap, why would cook want to travel all the way to ipswich every week from his home base? Having said that, with the make up of our team, a second top heat leader was probably never in cl thoughts. He seems to think we have a winning team, and its only his choice of how the team is put together. If we start losing and the crowds drop even more, that's his problem to try and sort out. Plus he thinks Morten will be challenging for the number one jacket so obviously we will have a riders in our team with a near 10 average. Although cl must be the only person in speedway that thinks that is going to happen.

Edited by Baldyman

Can't see Cook fancying the trip from Cumbria to Ipswich on a weekly basis !

Taylor Poole

Dakota North

Claus Vissing

Jesper B Monberg

Ricky Wells

Matt Tresarrieu

Claes Nerdermark

Cory Gathercole

Magnus Karlsson

Ryan Fisher

Mark Lemon

Charlie Gjedde

Craig Cook

Josef Franc

Emiliano Sanchez

At least 1 of them riders has retired, so I'm informed. It wouldn't be fair for me to name the rider concerned, thats up to him and his clubs - thought I don't think it takes a genius to take a good guess. And Karlsson has said he's not riding in the UK hasn't he?

Risager challenging for the number 1 spot?! Haha has Louis been smoking drugs?

and what has that post got to do with this thread,or is it you that has been smoking the drugs?

At least 1 of them riders has retired, so I'm informed. It wouldn't be fair for me to name the rider concerned, thats up to him and his clubs - thought I don't think it takes a genius to take a good guess. And Karlsson has said he's not riding in the UK hasn't he?

magnus has said on his facebook and twitter that he will ride in the uk next year if he is offered a place.

With the wage cap, why would cook want to travel all the way to ipswich every week from his home base? Having said that, with the make up of our team, a second top heat leader was probably never in cl thoughts. He seems to think we have a winning team, and its only his choice of how the team is put together. If we start losing and the crowds drop even more, that's his problem to try and sort out. Plus he thinks Morten will be challenging for the number one jacket so obviously we will have a riders in our team with a near 10 average. Although cl must be the only person in speedway that thinks that is going to happen.

i think morten can come good,he is a great guy,he deserves a injury free seoson,i think he will make you eat your words,i hope he does,,,i dont no what all the moaning is about,i think we have a good team and the top ,and most exiteing rider we have had in the team since ben howe

His 30 meetings for Newport last season made him the best ever rider to wear a Wasps jacket... we've had Watson, Iversen, Smart, Henriksson but Gjedde was a class above them and was by far the most dominant rider I have seen at Newport. Some of the passes he made on visiting heatleaders were out of this world.

Some promotions just couldn't get the best out of him he was the same when he returned to the sport in around 2000 for Reading in the PL their fans couldnt stand him half the time as he appeared to not be trying, moved to Swindon the year after and was one of the top riders in the league.

Can understand why Berwick fans are a bit peeved off with him but the personal abuse and threats he received were bang out of order he still posted some very good scores for the Bandits.

A superb rider and a big loss to the PL if indeed he has retired.

Can understand why Berwick fans are a bit peeved off with him but the personal abuse and threats he received were bang out of order he still posted some very good scores for the Bandits.

totally agree that the threats and personal abuse were a step too far, what really got on my nerves (personally) he was posting the same and even higher scores in the EL. It was said he didn't like the brick wall around the track, if that was his thinking why sign in the first place?