British Speedway Forum

Gorzow Gp Saturday 15th June 2013

THE KNOW. Sorry but it was a superb GP in a fantastic stadium and the track produced very exciting racing unless of course your comments are a wind up.

Yes it is a nice stadium, and yes the racing did get better as the meeting went on but the track was not good.

ECHO that...

Well indeed you would Phil. Why was it so differant to practice then and where was the racing early on ? Not a good gp nor a bad gp as i said. The riders can only put a good show on if the track is right.

Yes it is a nice stadium, and yes the racing did get better as the meeting went on but the track was not good.

Well indeed you would Phil. Why was it so differant to practice then and where was the racing early on ? Not a good gp nor a bad gp as i said. The riders can only put a good show on if the track is right.

YOU obviously slept through the opening heats ... age does that to you. Track was a bit tricky but what's wrong with that? Makes the riders think about how and where they race.

YOU obviously slept through the opening heats ... age does that to you. Track was a bit tricky but what's wrong with that? Makes the riders think about how and where they race.

Well ya older than me Phil so you must of been in a coma then not just asleep. Where was the normal passing round the outside ? There was nothing for Gollob to use, If the track had been better emil would of won i expect. My opinion differs from yours and others but thats life. You look at everything through rose tinted glasses as you should working for bsi my i make my own mind up what i think is good and bad.

Not a bad gp, tai did very well again even though in pain. Nicki take not this is a proper injury and if your going to keep bringing along ya arm rubber, get a good looking one :D Gp ruined again by a very poor track, seems we are going back to the old ways. Give the chaps something decent to ride on please.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts - I couldn't believe some of the 'wow'-ing going on post GP as I thought some of the 'racing' hard to bear. I was delighted to see a Hampel win but by the end of the meeting it all felt a bit hollow as I felt the track could have been so much better. I didn't think the meeting/track was a patch on the one served up in Bydgoszcz earlier in the season. That was proper speedway Nige.

Rico :rolleyes:

• Like 3

PLENTY of passing round the inside ... which is what makes speedway so special.

Didnt know it was held at arena essex :D Poland is about big fast tracks, carrying speed around the outside and plenty a lines. As i said a very good league track ruined a bit for the gp ;) Just look at what the riders can produce when the track is well prepared and i have stated how good it is when it happens. I didnt say the gp was rubbish, good but could of been better. These people have been doing the tracks for many years now so should be perfect everytime barring the weather but seems always an excuse :D

On a different note who is the chap who talks over during the track grading as he is totally useless :blink: Long lost son of pearson or tatum :P

ONE of the attractions of speedway (for me at least) is that it isn't always about raw speed, unlike long track. Someone said to me many moons ago that the quickest way round a speedway track should also be the shortest.

You are right their should be passing on the inside, but we want it on the outside as well. The smaller tracks and indoor should provide this, not poland really. We want a bit of both and this can happen with good track prep.