British Speedway Forum

Gorzow Gp Saturday 15th June 2013

Oops Tai chucked his lovingly prepared bunch of flowers away there at the end of the presentations, naughty!

Mind u if the promoters just forgot the flowers altogether they wouldn't be a miss!

Well done to Hampel on his win, the Poles are so patriotic, fantastic hearing them proudly sing their National Anthem!

He threw it to the side of his bike presumably to pick up later whist he had his picture taken with his trophy

Excellent performance tonight by Tai, the courage and grit he showed tonight is something his Father would be very proud of.

• Like 3

is it just me or has anyone else noticed that when nicki is dishing it out and still winning he seem to have no trouble with his arm but when he gets passed it seems to start playing up again and he pulls up

well done jarek came good at the end and also tai gritted it out great effort

And to think they dropped one of the best tracks in the world Bydgoszcz for this 1 line dustbowl??

Track as garbage as Cardiff & BSI r slowly killing the sport by giving the best riders in the world nothing to race on.

Dont know why i bother building myself up for it when its just 1 disappointment after another??

eeer, I hope that was a premature posting, the racing was brilliant all night.

Yep..and to be honest, all this guff about both Pedersen and Woffinden riding injured and all the sobs stories is bugging me a bit now.

Either ride and keep schtum, or let your injury heal, and get some rest. The constant back patting is grinding a bit now.

You can't blame the riders for the fact Pearson mentions it every five minutes. That was one of the bravest rides I have seen in many years by Woffy, clearly in pain every time the camera went to him in the pits, so the back patting is deserved a little.

I am starting to be really impressed by Tai, not just his riding, but off track he is starting to come across more and more professional. His interviews are always much more professional these days, and also speaking in Polish was rather impressive, and more than that. it showed respect to the Polish fans and clubs he rides for by at least attempting to learn some of the language. As for his riding tonight, wow... what more can you say, just wow.

Additional proof that a big fast track provides alot more entertainment than the 'tricky technical' ones.

Not always. Seen some shockers at Sheffield, Peterborough and Berwick. Depends on the skill and mindset of the riders involved and the quality of the equipment they're using.

• Like 1

Ah so we should be just scratching the bellies of these brave boys eh ?

I dont think so.

Think you need to see a doctor.

Additional proof that a big fast track provides alot more entertainment than the 'tricky technical' ones.

Don't say that in Edinburgh. ;)

Who is Doug Deep? Who does he ride for?

Slough. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

A very good meeting to watch, plenty of overtaking and close racing. Well done J Hampel, C Holder and especially Tai. Was surprised that Emil, KK and NKI did not get through the semi's.

With Darcy probably back for the next one the series can only get better.

Edited by A ORLOV

Before this season I wasn't convinced he could cut it in the GP series.

He had already dispelled that before tonight with his performances this season.

His performance in Gorzow proves without any doubt that he has the heart to compete at the very highest level.

He should be very proud of that performance.

• Like 1

I for one think Tai was brilliant tonight, he showed true guts to get to that final, unlike Pedersen who has been playing on his so called injury for way too long, Tai just got on with the job and he did himself and British speedway proud...

• Like 1

Just watched the GP, what a cracker!!

Tai was just superb and from the pit shots you could tell he was in real pain.

BTW, anyone got a compilation vid of the "blue" grid girl? Phwoar.

Edited by Tool

Great GP tonight and if we lived in a sensible world people would be starting to discuss Woffinden being in the running for Sports Personality of the Year.

I increasingly think that given any kind of coverage that lad could revitalise the sport in Britain.

I for one think Tai was brilliant tonight, he showed true guts to get to that final, unlike Pedersen who has been playing on his so called injury for way too long, Tai just got on with the job and he did himself and British speedway proud...

PEDERSEN injury "so-called_ ... hardly. He has a broken arm. Give the bloke his due.

• Like 1