British Speedway Forum

Gorzow Gp Saturday 15th June 2013

BEAUTIFUL day here in Gorzow... possible light shower later but looking good. Could be a cracker and yesterday Holder looked very on the ball. Gollob spent all his available time working on his own bikes, adjusting that, changing this. Sure sign that he is serious.

Tai did all his practice runs. Staying in same hotel, in good spirits this morning. Aches but that is to be expected. But he needs to stay out of trouble. Another fall and he could be sidelined for the rest of the year. And Pete Adams knows it.

Sweepstake for how many times Pearson refers to Tai's broken bone? I will go with 8 times, with at least 4 'brave boys these speedway riders'.

But he needs to stay out of trouble. Another fall and he could be sidelined for the rest of the year. And Pete Adams knows it.

I respect Tai for taking the gamble to become World Champion, but yes, hard for the various league clubs who risk loosing him for longer, but I think Tai's decision is the thing World Champions are made off, he needs the points and will take the risk. Respect to Tai, hope it works out for him.

If we're having a Kelvin sweepstake, my 50 pence goes on him saying 'you've gotta say' over 16 million times throughout the broadcast...

I will be counting the number of times Kelvin uses the stupid expression "early doors" which in itself makes no sense

Where's the paddock?

What's a moderbike?

Let's have it right though, we'd be lost without the pair of them, they belong together, I'm prepared to forgive their little faults if that's the price of seeing regular speedway.

Hope we get another great gp tonight, been a good season so far.

Where's the paddock?

What's a moderbike?

Let's have it right though, we'd be lost without the pair of them, they belong together, I'm prepared to forgive their little faults if that's the price of seeing regular speedway.

Hope we get another great gp tonight, been a good season so far.

Yep! anyone who regularly watches TV coverage of Scandinavian speedway (especially those so-laid-back (yawn) Danes! ) will know that Pearson and Tatum are not that bad at all. Good to have a go at them sometimes but at least they are enthusiastic. Just one complaint from me.............Pearson needs to forget the 'you can't take your eyes off this' comment. He obviously thinks that it is his 'trademark' but it does grate after a while. Still as someone once said, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Yep! anyone who regularly watches TV coverage of Scandinavian speedway (especially those so-laid-back (yawn) Danes! ) will know that Pearson and Tatum are not that bad at all. Good to have a go at them sometimes but at least they are enthusiastic. Just one complaint from me.............Pearson needs to forget the 'you can't take your eyes off this' comment. He obviously thinks that it is his 'trademark' but it does grate after a while. Still as someone once said, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Actually I disagree, Pearson and Tatum will scream their lungs out for everything and anything.

In their world everything is "sensational" despite no matter bad the racing is.

I prefer a commentator that can keep him or herself calm but occasionally get excited if there's something to get excited about.

Tai did all his practice runs. Staying in same hotel, in good spirits this morning. Aches but that is to be expected. But he needs to stay out of trouble. Another fall and he could be sidelined for the rest of the year. And Pete Adams knows it.

Guess speedway is able to go add one more parameter to the the club before country dilemma and it reads rider's SGP campaign before club, then club before country.

I'll be feeling a bit queasy during each of Tai's rides and wish him the best of luck tonight and that he comes out non the worse from the meeeting.

Sweepstake for how many times Pearson refers to Tai's broken bone? I will go with 8 times, with at least 4 'brave boys these speedway riders'.

Lol.

Yep! anyone who regularly watches TV coverage of Scandinavian speedway (especially those so-laid-back (yawn) Danes! ) will know that Pearson and Tatum are not that bad at all.

Both are at the uncomfortable/acceptable ends of the commentary spectrum, neither good for the sport. Agree that we don't know what we got until it's gone, and it nearly was this year, so i'll gladly settle for any commentator.

Actually I disagree, Pearson and Tatum will scream their lungs out for everything and anything.

In their world everything is "sensational" despite no matter bad the racing is.

I prefer a commentator that can keep him or herself calm but occasionally get excited if there's something to get excited about.

That's the perfect recipe as far as i'm concerned. I think we pretty much get that in the UK with Premier Sports too.

Ok here's hoping that the racing tonight will mean none of us having to re-churn all the commentator discussions.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Surface is crap and Nicki so lucky

Pedersen shouldn't be in the re-run at all. Nice race by Emil in his heat.

That's awful for Holder, Pedersen shouldn't have been in that race. I'll even forgive Pearson for his 'how often does that happen' phrase lol. Oh yeah Nige i would listen to the roar of the crowd if i could hear them over your screaming hee hee. Anyway enough about such things some great racing already, hopefully we in for a good night.

Edited by manchesterpaul