British Speedway Forum

Kent 2013

Paul

Is there anyting to say this drip feeding the team is working man? Is the tension gripping Kent?

Seems a little strange ta me. As waco says Lambert and Boxall are known by all but not announced for sum reason.

Weird

Is there anyting to say this drip feeding the team is working man? Is the tension gripping Kent?

Seems a little strange ta me. As waco says Lambert and Boxall are known by all but not announced for sum reason.

Weird

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

As I have said before, the drip feeding of the riders is aimed at new potential fans and is a way of keeping the local press interested in the Kings week in, week out.

I appreciate to hardcore speedway fans it may seem strange but we are promoting very hard to a new audience and yes it is working as the publicity we are getting in Kent is tremendous.

Speedway fans for years have asked promoters to promote and that is what we are doing.

We have a promotional strategy in place and are working through it.

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

As I have said before, the drip feeding of the riders is aimed at new potential fans and is a way of keeping the local press interested in the Kings week in, week out.

I appreciate to hardcore speedway fans it may seem strange but we are promoting very hard to a new audience and yes it is working as the publicity we are getting in Kent is tremendous.

Speedway fans for years have asked promoters to promote and that is what we are doing.

We have a promotional strategy in place and are working through it.

Well done for doing what you can. I am watching with interest as you say it's refreshing to have promotoers that promote

However some of the press releases are a little misleading the signing of Ben Morley for instance!!!!

The press release indicated that Ben only decided to sign when he visitied the facilities 2 saturdays ago this maybe to enphasis how great the facilities are but the press releases do contradict each other and what the co promotion say. This implied he wasn't signed before that which I can hardly believe as it has been well documented from David Mason's press releses that the team has been settled for quite some time. Maybe a continuity and coordination for the press releases maybe in order no one else may have noticed but I can be a little anal about these things.

Not a moan just an observation from 'Joe public'

Edited by TMW

Connor Coles impressed at Rye last year, but the side needs a good number one to compete for the title, if in fact that is what this venture is all about. The Rye House Raiders were mostly about giving the younsters a go, but results suffered and crowds tailed off. To keep the Kent public interested the team must be competitive.

Edited by Shadders

Connor Coles impressed at Rye last year, but the side needs a good number one to compete for the title, if in fact that is what this venture is all about. The Rye House Raiders were mostly about giving the younsters a go, but results suffered and crowds tailed off. To keep the Kent public interested the team must be competitive.

competitive, just like us gooners shads! :rolleyes:

I agree with Shadders the team must be highly competative and so far so good if the talked about riders sign..But equally vital is the 3 pointers that are signed must not be of the half a lap behind variety that Rye national teams have had in the past...

TMW To explain ,Ben Morley is a Rye House asset ..As such i believe they,,(assets), were offered to Kent Kings as potential signings..But at the end of the day all riders have a choice whatever league they ride in....

competitive, just like us gooners shads! :rolleyes:

Don't go there!! :mad:

I agree with Shadders the team must be highly competative and so far so good if the talked about riders sign..But equally vital is the 3 pointers that are signed must not be of the half a lap behind variety that Rye national teams have had in the past...

Agreed, but there are some who will argue that to gain experience these riders need experience. This is why the demise of the Anglian Junior League is a shame, as the extra competitive laps would have helped.

• Like 1

Waco, you do not want to see 3 pointers running half a lap behind, well why are they only on those low figures if not because they are learning their craft? A sound 3-pointer has the chance to improve, it is those on the higher averages who are most likely to let you down if they fail to maintain or it. Give those at the bottom a fair crack of the whip, not all riders are potential stars yet sound teams require riders that give of their best and also entertain.

Its all about putting riders in who are. ready to compete at the entry level of that league .If they struggle then the confidence disapears ,and often, so does the rider ..Its a hard one, that requires good judgement by those in charge ..It is a great shame about the Anglian junior league if that is the case, the best from that level often do make the grade..

I am sure the management have there eyes one or two decent youngsters but as we have seen so far its a waiting game ..

Edited by waco

Great news for Kent Kings speedway at his very best Steve Boxall is capable of being a Premier league heat leader.. And should be a stand out performer at this level .given a little time to shake off the cobwebs ..This side is shaping up to be League Champion contenders ,,It is very exciting, one big name to go?? hopefully ...

• Like 1

Great news that Steve Boxall has signed for the Kings, dont know if Steve reads whats put on here? I just hope he has a good season on some decent machinery and proves all his doubters wrong.

Having seen him come through the ranks at Rye, I cant help but feel he has never reached his considerable potential and maybe this is a chance to reserect his carear.

Len obviously has faith in him, afterall this is his third chance under his promotions.

Good luck Steve.

A J is king...A big name in terms of great potential and if you dont know who that is you have not been following the thread on Kings potential riders..Yes we can only slot in a 3+ and two 3 pointers..But if the 3 pointer everyone is talking about does sign ?? he wont stay on 3 for long ...

Edited by waco

A J is king...A big name in terms of great potential and if you dont know who that is you have not been following the thread on Kings potential riders..Yes we can only slot in a 3+ and two 3 pointers..But if the 3 pointer everyone is talking about does sign ?? he wont stay on 3 for long ...

You said `one big name to go`not a rider of great potential ?

Steve Boxall in this League is a `big name`.

Go on then name the rider and more about him?

Must admit I do not know much about the young riders that ride in this League or could ride in the team as I have been going to Lakeside the last few years to get my Speedway fix.

Have been waiting and hoping a team in Kent would happen and now it has.

Cannot wait for the adventure to start (over 2 months :sad: ) ,bring it on. :drink:

Well A j he is at 15yrs one of the best prospects since Ty Woffindon,, and everyone is talking about him ,and as such he is a big name, and his name was mentioned after you posted by Islander .so you must know who we are all talking about. he is not yet confirmed so we should not count our chickens yet ..But...we have two other excellent teenage prospects in Ben Morley and Connor Coles... Two expierienced riders in David Mason and Steve Boxall. And to say we could be going to have an exciting line up is an understatement ....Cant wait for May.. :drink::t: ...

Edited by waco