British Speedway Forum

Kent 2013

Paul

and I would second that post. As a 60 year old yob who has supported The Heathens for 50 years, I simply cannot believe some of the postings on here about the Dudley supporters. Yes we are loud, yes we stand by our team no matter what and we make no apologies for that. But some of the comments I have read from away meetings we have ridden are nothing but utter rubbish.

I love Stoke v Heathens battles and the fans. Its great to see such support. So you make a lot of noise. Bring it on

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

I love Stoke v Heathens battles and the fans. Its great to see such support. So you make a lot of noise. Bring it on

Malcolm Vasey

Get ready for equally battling qualities down at Central Park then Malc!

Not pre-judging anything, but if I were you i'd keep that famous pony-tail well protected under your trademark baseball cap, as a man with natty strides and a pair of big scissors could be lurking around the place!!!

• Like 1

It will be great to welcome my friend Malcolm to Central Park and I look forward to welcoming fans of all clubs to the Kent Kings this season, you will be made most welcome at our fantastic stadium.

Next rider signing will be on our website tomorrow.

The Kent Kings are pleased to announce our next rider is 18 year old Adam Kirby.

See website for more details.

• Like 1

Having witnessed Adam Kirby ride over the last few years but admittedly not towards the tail end of last season I'm not too sure how he fits into the category of "if this team doesn't win the league"?

I'm not sure how many times I've even seen him complete 4 laps to be brutally honest!?

Can't help but think this signing is partly down to the 'Nikko Racing' connection, but others must see something I don't!

What I would take from this is that he last two signings must be real gems, Robert Lambert to partner Kirby at reserve perhaps?

Hi Ash

Thanks for your post as it gives me the opportunity to clarify one thing right up front.

At no point was I involved in the decision to sign Adam, yes I have sponsored him since he was 15 as has another good friend on mine but Len made the decision he wanted to look at Adam after seeing him in the AJL last season and after a couple of practices this year offered him a contract. I only found out AFTER the event and thats the way it should be.

I have, quite correctly, no say in team matters.

Hope that clears that one up.

Regards

Nikko

• Like 1

Neil,I know we joked about not naming the whole team before the big SS review issue.But I tnink it would be a shame if that was the case.Perhaps the last rider could be named in that issue as an exclusive for the SS ?

Hi Ash

Thanks for your post as it gives me the opportunity to clarify one thing right up front.

At no point was I involved in the decision to sign Adam, yes I have sponsored him since he was 15 as has another good friend on mine but Len made the decision he wanted to look at Adam after seeing him in the AJL last season and after a couple of practices this year offered him a contract. I only found out AFTER the event and thats the way it should be.

I have, quite correctly, no say in team matters.

Hope that clears that one up.

Regards

Nikko

Did i miss something ....thought this was Kings not Raiders and Uncle Chip Shop was an adviser to you all ?

This sounds as though its Raiders in Kings Clothing not that i have problem with this as it makes a lot more sense on all fronts rather than the Raiders running as a Youth or Reserve side out of Rye.

Did i miss something ....thought this was Kings not Raiders and Uncle Chip Shop was an adviser to you all ?

This sounds as though its Raiders in Kings Clothing not that i have problem with this as it makes a lot more sense on all fronts rather than the Raiders running as a Youth or Reserve side out of Rye.

Co=Promoter at Kings I believe,so nothing to do with Raiders.

The Kent Kings are pleased to announce that they are in discussions with Chalkwell Coach Hire & Tours of Sittingbourne to look into the possibility of running a coach service from Sittingbourne Train Station to and from Central Park Stadium on racedays.

To see if this is a viable service the Kings are asking for both home and away fans to let them know if this is a service they would use. The Kings are also contacting all clubs in the National League to ask if their fans would be interested in riding in the "Kings Coach" and also gauge the interest in how many Kings fans would use the Coaches.

Full details on our website.

Co=Promoter at Kings I believe,so nothing to do with Raiders.

We are indeed a seperate club with Roger Cearns as the Promoter.

Len is co-promoter and with all his years of knowledge and experience is ideal to cast his eye over potential riders.

As above, we are a club in our own right, and are proud to represent Kent.

BSPA require any promotion to have an experienced person on board and therefore Len is overseeing the speedway.

I take it you have 1st hand experience of "The Mob" Shadders ?, whilst i do not in any way condone what has allegedly taken place at times, in fact i condoned it on the Heathens Facebook page, The Mob as you describe them, are far and away a minority, whenever i have been on an away day, there is mostly no trouble, the IOW and Stoke to name a couple, with just a few incidents highlighted on here, and at both i recall, there was a little baiting from BOTH sets of fans, so please Shadders dont believe all that you read.

From ONE of the Mob. ;)

Never had a problem myself (quite the opposite in actual fact) but I do know some who have.

The Kent Kings are pleased to announce our next rider is 18 year old Adam Kirby.

Many congratulations from a very proud sponsor :approve:

Best wishes to Paul, Julie, Beth, Daniel and of course Adam for 2013.

• Like 1

Is he not still busy with the Take That reunion tour?

I'll get my coat.......................

Well, he is a young man. I am sure he has the stamina to DU :lol:

Edited by tocha

Kent Kings are pleased to announce a partnership/sponsorship with the Kent Youth Football League.

Check website for details.

Neil,I know we joked about not naming the whole team before the big SS review issue.But I tnink it would be a shame if that was the case.Perhaps the last rider could be named in that issue as an exclusive for the SS ?

Apologies, I missed this post....

I have passed this onto the promotion.

Regards

Looking on the website I notice there's a large car park at the stadium. I presume parking is free?

The car park holds up to 1000 cars and the parking is free.

The main covered stand holds 2000 people and the capacity is just under 5000.

We are also looking to work with a local bus company to see if they will run return buses from the train station for those visiting for the Bank Holiday fixtures and on Monday nights for those coming straight from work.

• Like 2

The car park holds up to 1000 cars and the parking is free.

The main covered stand holds 2000 people and the capacity is just under 5000.

We are also looking to work with a local bus company to see if they will run return buses from the train station for those visiting for the Bank Holiday fixtures and on Monday nights for those coming straight from work.

Nice one. Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to opening day :t: