British Speedway Forum

Kent 2013

Paul

If anyone is in Margate this weekend come and say Hi as we promote the Kent Kings at the International Beech Cross event.

Already you guys are more pro-active than most clubs. Nice one.

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments all,

Just a quick update that myself, Ben Morley and David Mason will be at the Margate Beech Cross event this weekend with our flyers, racejackets etc.

Also watch out the week after next for our Press Release about our unique new sponsorship deal with another sport..........

Margate was fantastic with over 1000 flyers handed out and lots of interest.

We took three bikes, 2 riders, 1 new set of kevlars, a couple race jackets, lots of posters and flyers.

For an early view of the photos check out our Facebook page, full photos will be on the official website later this week thanks to Tony & Denise Fowles.

When you check out the photos later this week there are some very interesting ones that could have the following captions.

"How many Kings does it it take to put up a gazebo"

"Kings sign Borneo's first ever speedway rider, but will have to make a much larger race jacket"

"Morley decides to try four wheels instead of two"

And Finally

"Only Fools & Kings Jolly Boy Outing to Margate"

steve boxall riding in this league what a joke,its no wonder our sport is going down hill very quickly :sad:

How dose this work he has ridden in the league before so whats the problem ?

I think it's great to have him back. Riding this level will give him extra meetings to blow away the cobwebs. The PL and then EL will soon come knocking and he'll move on next season I'm sure. I can't see him doing more than one season in the NL.

Really looking forward to the Kent v Heathens clash.

Sure Heathens will bring big support,could be a cracker.

:t:

Hopefully better behaved than the usual travelling mob

steve boxall riding in this league what a joke,its no wonder our sport is going down hill very quickly :sad:

Please explain why?

Hopefully better behaved than the usual travelling mob

I take it you have 1st hand experience of "The Mob" Shadders ?, whilst i do not in any way condone what has allegedly taken place at times, in fact i condoned it on the Heathens Facebook page, The Mob as you describe them, are far and away a minority, whenever i have been on an away day, there is mostly no trouble, the IOW and Stoke to name a couple, with just a few incidents highlighted on here, and at both i recall, there was a little baiting from BOTH sets of fans, so please Shadders dont believe all that you read.

From ONE of the Mob. ;)

I take it you have 1st hand experience of "The Mob" Shadders ?, whilst i do not in any way condone what has allegedly taken place at times, in fact i condoned it on the Heathens Facebook page, The Mob as you describe them, are far and away a minority, whenever i have been on an away day, there is mostly no trouble, the IOW and Stoke to name a couple, with just a few incidents highlighted on here, and at both i recall, there was a little baiting from BOTH sets of fans, so please Shadders dont believe all that you read.

From ONE of the Mob. ;)

and I would second that post. As a 60 year old yob who has supported The Heathens for 50 years, I simply cannot believe some of the postings on here about the Dudley supporters. Yes we are loud, yes we stand by our team no matter what and we make no apologies for that. But some of the comments I have read from away meetings we have ridden are nothing but utter rubbish.