British Speedway Forum

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

PLEASE,PLEASE call this championship something else,we are just getting to the climax of the world championship and along comes this europeon championship,what the.....was the planning behind this? Why not call it rider invite competition,or super speedway4,anything that doesnt confuse!!!! :o:blink: people about championship speedway!!!!!

I like to follow rallying as well. Main competitions are the World Rally Championship and the European Rally Championship. If only there was a way to differentiate between the two, maybe the names of the championships for instance....

To be fair to the competition the UEM(now FIM/Europe)has been around for years and so has the euro championships-previously very much a 2nd tier competition however ONE SPORT.PL have decided to re-vamp it-throw some decent prize money in the pot and all of a sudden top riders have become interested-something else to watch on 4 Saturday`s I suppose.The most interesting thing I all this is the hostility between BSI and One sport.Snippets have appeared in the polish press and this feud could run and run.

Interesting to see in the long run, who has the biggest balls (BSI or OneSport) with Eurosport??!!!

PLEASE,PLEASE call this championship something else,we are just getting to the climax of the world championship and along comes this europeon championship,what the.....was the planning behind this? Why not call it rider invite competition,or super speedway4,anything that doesnt confuse!!!! :o:blink: people about championship speedway!!!!!

:blink::o Yeah World + European should be dumped and we get your suggestions insted.Not confusing????How do you cope with all those football competitions i wonder?How do football fans cope as they aren't as clever as speedway fans we are often told.My god :icon_smile_clown:

Lol i'm presuming you're posting tongue in cheek but others have mistakenly taken you seriously?

In case you are serious or anyone else shares the above view, i think most sports have world, european and national championships so don't see the problem.

The most interesting thing In all this is the hostility between BSI and One sport.Snippets have appeared in the polish press and this feud could run and run.

More than snippets quite a war starting up, including incidents in car parks! lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

In case you are serious or anyone else shares the above view, i think most sports have world, european and national championships so don't see the problem.

Yes, but in speedway the World Championship(s) are predominantly held in Europe and predominantly comprised of European-based riders. What's more, the World Championships are hardly doing especially well, so it seems bizarre to create a parallel competition that's potentially competing for television and sponsorship money.

If the powers-that-be have a problem with BSI or want some competition, perhaps they shouldn't have handed them the rights for umpteen years.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

FIM don't give a flying fig it seems as long as these companies are paying them money, we wondered what would happen if there was a rival to BSI, looks like we are now gonna see ............... I wonder if these two championships could end up like the two darts comps where some players never meet .............

• Like 1

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW!

MiniMax DUAL GRID Racecard for the European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

Saturday, 27th, July, 2013. Local TIme 6:30pm, BST 5:30pm, UTC/GMT 4:30pm

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

I'm providing the DUAL GRID MiniMAx racecard for this series*. For those who prefer the grid style format i've added many unique and useful formatting touches that fans expect and have become accustomed to with MiniMax designs. No need to go mentally adding up points just to see who is leading during a meeting. You have your race-by-race grid - which is as always with MiniMax clearly delineated round by round to assist in countback - and additionally all on the same line the ability to fill in a riders accumulative score race after race. This allows for a valuable instant glance to see the meeting standings after any and each heat.

Needless to say, the usual unique provision of pre-meeting and post-meeting SEC series standings are included. Of course the unique to MiniMax informative gates points and wins grid is present too.

*(I'll do my best to put out one of the other MiniMax formats too but i'm in the middle of two very busy weeks indeed, hopefully i can put one online before the weekend).

Edited by manchesterpaul

See the Speedway star have really gone to town on the preview for the finals in this weeks edition-conspiracy theorist`s might well think they have been got at by one of the warring factions to give this event as little publicity as possible.-no doubt the star will say it was all about lack of space !

It all kicks off on Eurosport live on Saturday night at 5.30 pm uk time.

Just a reminder that after the 20 heats-the top two go to the final direct and riders 3 to 6 in the final reckoning go in the race-off(heat 21)top 2 go into the final(race 22) points are NOT scored in race 21 but are in the final(3210).

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

See the Speedway star have really gone to town on the preview for the finals in this weeks edition-conspiracy theorist`s might well think they have been got at by one of the warring factions to give this event as little publicity as possible.-no doubt the star will say it was all about lack of space !

Wow that went totally over my head i hadn't realized. Whatever the reason is it's a poor show indeed by the Star. Whilst the series can't match the SGP for the class of rider it's nevertheless a potentially very interesting and entertaining series in itself. It's going to be quite interesting indeed to see how the riders below top level fare. Also, we do have a smattering of the highest class riders too.

It all kicks off on Eurosport live on Saturday night at 5.30 pm uk time.

Just a reminder that after the 20 heats-the top two go to the final direct and riders 3 to 6 in the final reckoning go in the race-off(heat 21)top 2 go into the final(race 22) points are NOT scored in race 21 but are in the final(3210).

Indeed and all of the above made crystal clear in the layout of the MiniMax racecard for the event.

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

By the way, hoping to add the standard version tomorrow.

From what I remember of watching Gdansk `s televised home meetings in the extraleague last season it is not one of Poland`s best race tracks-hope I`m proved wrong but don`t expect too much overtaking on Saturday.

Awww that's not good to hear, hopefully Saturday's meeting will be an exception.

Lot of hype going on prior to 1st round-quote from Emil on SEC website

Russian international speedway rider says plenty of good things about the SEC organizers. - I want to say big thank you again for the organizers for doin' a really good job with puttin' so much heart into this project to creat so good competition. God bless them. It's a really huge thing. Thanks to Eurosport television so many people will watch live speedway and our battles on tv. Some of them probably will have such an opportunity for the first time in their lives. So they can learn speedway at all. This is really important for us riders and of course for whole dyscypline - he thinks.

• Like 1

Emil is right. The likes of Puodzuks, Magic, Karpov and Pavlic have a fantastic platform to stake a claim for events such as SGP.

It's also a great platform to show the sport in a good light on TV.

There is too much pettiness in speedway and it should all pull together.

Surely (cue Airplane jokes) it can only enhance an SGP series and vice versa.

It's a competition that has been around for a while which has had a much needed overhaul.

Other sports don't run around with a pet lip just because someone comes up with a rival/similar competition.

Having a TV company interested in showing some more speedway is great and I wish it success and also a Russian or English winner as it's great to see Tai in it.

It's gonna be a tough one to call and I think there will be some shocks.

Can't wait for the Togliatti round as Artem Laguta is a master of that track.

• Like 1

SGP 1 SEC 0

SGP goes into an early lead with their start ladies superior to the SEC girls. Not that i'd be turning any of them down mind lol.

http://speedwayeuro.com/news/n/74/watch-how-sec-girls-are-presenting-in-gdansk--video-.html

Can't wait for the Togliatti round as Artem Laguta is a master of that track.

Does anyone have any idea of how the ticket prices in each staging country compare to the cost of SGP tickets?

I'm so looking forward to a packed Togliatti if their league matches are anything to go by but i do fear locals may get priced out? Or is one of the main promotional features of the SEC to provide affordable entrance to the meetings?

• Like 1

SGP 1 SEC 0

SGP goes into an early lead with their start ladies superior to the SEC girls. Not that i'd be turning any of them down mind lol.

http://speedwayeuro....sk--video-.html

Does anyone have any idea of how the ticket prices in each staging country compare to the cost of SGP tickets?

I'm so looking forward to a packed Togliatti if their league matches are anything to go by but i do fear locals may get priced out? Or is one of the main promotional features of the SEC to provide affordable entrance to the meetings?

Try and keep up -post 88 :approve:

Gdansk price was 25 zl

Edited by racers and royals

Good point. There is no doubt the locals enjoy their speedway in Togliatti but as we have seen with SWC people get put off by high priced meetings that are on the telly.

Hope it does get packed out and there is a good chance with 3 of the top riders in the world being Russian and there including their local hero Artem.

Artem has beaten some very good riders around there.

Gdansk has it's own local hero in Nicki P and hopefully that will be full too.

The Mega Lada girls are way better than that leather clad quartet :)

Edited by pandorum

Try and keep up -post 88 :approve:

Gdansk price was 25 zl

Lol ooops exact same link too, sorry about that and on the previous page too!. But mitigating circumstances are there is no mention at all what your link was about, i saw it but presumed it was a promotional clip of speedway action so didn't click on it.

I saw the Gdansk price but the question was how does that compare to the price of SGP's held in, in this example, Poland - Bydgoszcz, Gorzow and Torun. Pretty much the same or considerably less? I can Google away when i get time but was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Lol ooops exact same link too, sorry about that and on the previous page too!. But mitigating circumstances are there is no mention at all what your link was about, i saw it but presumed it was a promotional clip of speedway action so didn't click on it.

I saw the Gdansk price but the question was how does that compare to the price of SGP's held in, in this example, Poland - Bydgoszcz, Gorzow and Torun. Pretty much the same or considerably less? I can Google away when i get time but was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head.

I do try and be subtle in my links to start girls photo`s/video`s :approve: 25zl is more league pricing than GP-3/4 times that for GP.