British Speedway Forum

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

820 euros to winner

280 euros to 16th place

That money includes travel, prize money hotels etc.

distance would be round trip from UK 2800 miles

licence for championship is 180 euros.

insurance for championships 120 euros

Just for reference guys.

That is a crap deal, cant argue with that. But if you get in to the series, youre on tv and have a good opportunity to earn some money.

It also must be said that it needn't be such a long journey for the Brits.A meeting could have been held locally maybe.I know from one german club that they were complaining that the cost of getting a German U21 meeting from the DMSB was more expensive than an U21 meeting from the FIM !!!And you could get quite an attractive line-up and only have these small amounts to pay to the riders

Yes, perhaps for Britain (at the new Belle Vue?) one of the finals of this European Championship would be an attractive meeting to host in the future. It would be kind of a second Cardiff Grand Prix. Certainly a top meeting and a great attraction, with so many top riders (Nicki Pedersen, Gollob, Sayfutdinov, Jonsson) in it.

The BSPA / ACU does the sport no favour in boycotting the European championships. Every other European nation is in it, but Britain does not want to join the party.

The British riders and fans will have to watch it on the tv, the four finals of th e EC are all shown live on Europsport .

And then there is that Eurosport Best Pairs meeting inTorun, which has all the best speedway nations and riders in the world take part, and will be shown live on Eurosport, too. Britain was invited, along with Poland, Denmark, Australia, Russia and Sweden, but the ACU/BSPA are the only national federation who refuse to participate. It's a shame.

Think a lot of the 2 reports over the weekend are propaganda. It also seems odd that so much is being made of Scott not riding as one rider out of 48 in qualifying rounds hardly seems worth creating a fuss over. Also it was making out that all hassle is coming from BSI/BSPA but ignoring the problems with rider release that Tarnow especially have provoked over the last few years and also this year.

It seems slightly odd to me that the website for the new championship is still not up and running especially now the first event has taken place.

However I would have thought having GB riders compete in more international competition would be a good think

I guess it doesn't look good that the event is now up and running,but we only have two venues for the final.Will we get any more venues now i wonder?And is this new look just because there are more tracks in Poland wanting a GP/SWC than can be accomodated,so we end up with a new competition to let them get in on the act with big meetings.rather like various boxing championships.......it all looks interesting as to how this will pan out

It seems slightly odd to me that the website for the new championship is still not up and running especially now the first event has taken place.

This may simply be - albeit a strange time to do so - just a redesign of the site. The only reason i suggest that is that their excellent Facebook page is still being updated hours ago. Their Facebook page is a great source of information on the sport (not just the European Championship) including some very good videos etc.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedwayEuro?group_id=0

May 1st - Day of the 2nd SEC Semi-Final in Debrecen. Full line up will be presented soon, though we have some bad news for the British fans. Organizers have been dealing with working out the line up well, so Brits got 2 places in the semi-finals at the expense of Polish & Czech federations (each of them gave back one place). However, ACU decided to withdraw their 2nd rider (after Scott Nicholls' withdrawal last week) and therefore You won't be able to see British riders in SEC, which is a big disappointment for us and most importantly You - fans.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedwayEuro

Brits loss.....ok i suppose to an extent SEC loss too. I'll still be avidly watching the meetings.

Brits loss.....ok i suppose to an extent SEC loss too. I'll still be avidly watching the meetings.

Hans Andersen and Peter Kildemand have been announced in this line-up - although they are supposed to racing for Swindon at Kings Lynn!!!!?? You can understand the BSBA/ACU objecting to this series if it takes EL riders away from their British fixtures on dates that weren't in the original calendar!! Edit' It seems that Hans has chosen to ride in Hungary but not Kildemand!!! Interesting to see what facility Swindon get - if any!!

Edited by Skidder1

SEC qualifiers and final rounds were announced on November 2012, far earlier than BEL fixtures.

FIM and FIM-Europe meetings dates are the most important in the international calendar and no-one is supposed to overtype this dates with own meetings.

If so, organisers take the risk of some riders unavalaible due to international duties… You can put the meeting on the FIM/FIM-Europe date (like i.e. Eastbourne sometimes do), but it's obvious that the riders' first choice is international meeting.

Hans Andersen ‏@Hansi_Andersen

52 min

@sheilaeveret made Swindon aware of not being available 4/5 times due to other commitments BEFORE the season started #NotMyFault

SEC qualifiers and final rounds were announced on November 2012, far earlier than BEL fixtures.

FIM and FIM-Europe meetings dates are the most important in the international calendar and no-one is supposed to overtype this dates with own meetings.

If so, organisers take the risk of some riders unavalaible due to international duties… You can put the meeting on the FIM/FIM-Europe date (like i.e. Eastbourne sometimes do), but it's obvious that the riders' first choice is international meeting.

Hans Andersen ‏@Hansi_Andersen

52 min

@sheilaeveret made Swindon aware of not being available 4/5 times due to other commitments BEFORE the season started #NotMyFault

Just as well PK had a different view then!!

Hans Andersen and Peter Kildemand have been announced in this line-up - although they are supposed to racing for Swindon at Kings Lynn!!!!?? You can understand the BSBA/ACU objecting to this series if it takes EL riders away from their British fixtures on dates that weren't in the original calendar!! Edit' It seems that Hans has chosen to ride in Hungary but not Kildemand!!! Interesting to see what facility Swindon get - if any!!

Well its a price the BEL have to pay by having meetings everyday (except Tuesdays and Sundays).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Tai added as wild card for the finals.

Will this cause problems after BSPA had previously blocked Scott Nicholls etc from riding previously

Also Swindon weren't allowed a guest for Hans Andersen as BSPA not endorsed championship and now seem to.

Edited by severnsider

So after the challenge final today we now know the field for the 4 final rounds - Live on British Eurosport

seeded

A Dryml

N Pedersen

Gollob

Woffinden

Sayfutdinov

Jonsson

Qualified

Pavlic

Povazhny

G Laguta

Vaculik

Karpov

Janowski

Andersen

Ulamek

Puodzuks

plus i would imagine 1 local wild-card.

Edited by racers and royals

I'm sorry, nothing against Tai but how did he get "approval" to ride in the European Championship, when at least three (that I know of) British riders were not permitted to take part?

It does sound a bit like one rule for one, one for the rest!

• Like 2