British Speedway Forum

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

Petty jealousy. GP remains the biggest event, and should not feel threatened by SEC. And BSI and the Polish federation should play nicely together, or go sit in the corner.

I can actually understand BSI's annoyance because the European Championship is potentially taking sponsors and potential hosts away from the SGP which is not in an entirely healthy state. It's also difficult to understand the rationale of having a parallel European Championship when the World Championship is primarily European based and primarily involves European riders. Nevertheless, BSI can hardly grumble that another organisation is doing exactly what they did, and if does affect their business, then that's merely case of what goes around comes around.

The bigger intrigue is why the FIM would allow this to be licenced (although I appreciate it's actually been done through FIM Europe) after signing a long-term deal with IMG/BSI (which runs until 2021). Either there's been a monumental lack of joining up the dots, the FIM are dissatisfied with how IMG/BSI have been running things, or the Poles have become irritated by the money going out of speedway.

Much anticipation tonight as Togliati had a great chance to showcase itself on the world stage.Yes great stadium,yes great crowd but if thats the best track they can produce for their biggest meeting in front of millions on TV then its a poor show.I'm sure the usual excuses will come out(weather,local track staff etc) but in all but 5 heats nothing happened after lap 1,not good enough for a meeting attracting the worlds best riders.Some on here are loathed to criticise as most are happy just to have speedway on the box.

In this weeks Star Nicki Pedersen said, "There were some good races, we entertained the crowd." Jan Staechmann in same edition, said, "The racing was fierce and entertaining." Perhaps it was better if you were there?

In this weeks Star Nicki Pedersen said, "There were some good races, we entertained the crowd." Jan Staechmann in same edition, said, "The racing was fierce and entertaining." Perhaps it was better if you were there?

No matter which sport, speedway, rugby, football, tennis, whatever, it's always better to be there. T he only possible exception i can think of is a golf tournament Perhaps speedway would be better on the box if we got "smellovision"? ;) On a serious note i have seen a number of Russian League meetings from Togliatti via streams, which were esentially a one camera job and no commentary. The sound system in the stadium is the best i have ever heard and it feels as though you are right there in the crowd. No real atmosphere came through on this broadcast which was a shame. I'd love to have been there- and all for 7 pounds. :t: Regards. Alan

SEC goes to Germany in 2014 http://speedwayeuro....n-germany-.html

FANTASTIC news.

Yeah for sure, but I wonder which track they will pick ... :)

I don't think any of the Bundesliga clubs have great capacity. Abensberg staged a qualification meeting earlier this season with a good crowd.

Would the 'cavernous' Norden, a capacity around 40,000 be viable of staging a final? The stadium seems to be in reasonably good nick going by this video earlier int the season.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Norden got indeed a huge capacity, but the whole facility is a bit outdated plus there isn't alot of money there.

Gustrow, Teterow and Landshut are good options...

Was going to ask about the 'East German' tracks if they had any big stadiums or capacity. Also are there any tracks outside of the Bundesliga that currently just stage open meetings etc?

What is the capacity of Landshut? i know they had an attendance of around 3,600 for a league match recently but aerial shots of the (stadium)/place doesn't seem that large. having said that it is a large track so maybe it does have a potential to hold a lot, or add a temporary stand. I'm not suggesting the demand would necessarily be there for one mind.

Drae for Gorican Saturday 14th September 6pm uk time

1. (5) Emil Sajfutdinow (Rosja).

2. (16) Krzysztof Kasprzak (Polska)

3. (1) Ales Dryml (Czechy)

4. (2) Tomasz Gollob (Polska)

5. (12) Hans Andersen (Dania)

6. (21) Nicolas Covatti (Włochy)

7. (15) Tai Woffinden (Wielka Brytania)

8. (11) Maciej Janowski (Polska)

9. (4) Nicki Pedersen (Dania)

10. (19) Leon Madsen (Dania)

11. (9) Martin Vaculik (Słowacja)

12. (8) Grigorij Łaguta (Rosja)

13. (13) Sebastian Ułamek (Polska)

14. (6) Jurica Pavlic (Chorwacja)

15. (10) Andriej Karpow (Ukraina)

16. (3) Fredrik Lindgren (Szwecja)

17. (17) Łukasz Sówka (Polska)

18. (18) Renato Cvetko (Chorwacja)

Drae for Gorican Saturday 14th September 6pm uk time

1. (5) Emil Sajfutdinow (Rosja).

2. (16) Krzysztof Kasprzak (Polska)

3. (1) Ales Dryml (Czechy)

4. (2) Tomasz Gollob (Polska)

5. (12) Hans Andersen (Dania)

6. (21) Nicolas Covatti (Włochy)

7. (15) Tai Woffinden (Wielka Brytania)

8. (11) Maciej Janowski (Polska)

9. (4) Nicki Pedersen (Dania)

10. (19) Leon Madsen (Dania)

11. (9) Martin Vaculik (Słowacja)

12. (8) Grigorij Łaguta (Rosja)

13. (13) Sebastian Ułamek (Polska)

14. (6) Jurica Pavlic (Chorwacja)

15. (10) Andriej Karpow (Ukraina)

16. (3) Fredrik Lindgren (Szwecja)

17. (17) Łukasz Sówka (Polska)

18. (18) Renato Cvetko (Chorwacja)

Emil and Sebastian fit to ride again then??