British Speedway Forum

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

I am fed up of people moaning about the Eurosport commentary team. The alternative is of course maybe these meetings not being televised

I am fed up of people moaning about the Eurosport Sky commentary team. The alternative is of course maybe these meetings not being televised

Thought it was a very entertaining meeting and Steve Day and Scott "Like I say" Nicholls made a good fist of the commentary. Day has featured more in Eurosport's MotoGP and WSB presentations this year and his done well IMO.

Good to see some of the headcam stuff (Go-Pros are ace pieces of kit), very interesting especially when it was stuck to Laguta's noggin!

Really enjoyable meeting, plenty of decent racing & talking points throughout. Loved the way Grigory Laguta raced in that last heat - there's an element of daredevil, with no mean amount of skill about the lines he tries. I hadn't watched too much of him in the past - have become a fan of his this season! Liked the Go-Pro shots, some great shots from that. Look forward to the Togliatti round - heard excellent things about the stadium/track, hopefully a couple of lesser known Russian wildcards will be included & mix it with the GP big guns. Should be fun if last night's anything to go by...

Really enjoyable meeting, plenty of decent racing & talking points throughout. Loved the way Grigory Laguta raced in that last heat - there's an element of daredevil, with no mean amount of skill about the lines he tries. I hadn't watched too much of him in the past - have become a fan of his this season! Liked the Go-Pro shots, some great shots from that. Look forward to the Togliatti round - heard excellent things about the stadium/track, hopefully a couple of lesser known Russian wildcards will be included & mix it with the GP big guns. Should be fun if last night's anything to go by...

Only 1 wildcard per round-15 permanent riders in the field.Artem Laguta is the Togliatti W/C

Only 1 wildcard per round-15 permanent riders in the field.Artem Laguta is the Togliatti W/C

Cheers R&R. Artem's shown some great form at times this season, he'll mix it with the GP regulars that night I'm sure.

Reminded me of the line-ups for one-off world finals where most of the field were making up the numbers.. also couldn't get on with no noise from the track..not sure if prefer nicholls deadpan delivery or not..

I must admit the commentery team were dire, and the atmosphere felt a bit flat, but the racing was fairly good,(hopefully the BSPA will realise they are being stupid in boycotting). For me the only problem was my skyplus decided to allow the thunderstorm locally to bugger up the end. Still I got all the twenty heats, and the website gave me the result, if not the last 2 races :cry:

Edited to say; Will definitely being watching next 3. ;)

Edited by slickmick

I agree

I am fed up of people moaning about the Eurosport commentary team. The alternative is of course maybe these meetings not being televised

They are new to it so cut them some slack. IMO they are so much better than Pearson and Tatum. The new bloke is that, new to the sport. Pearson and Tatum talk utter garbage and have been around the sport for decades and should know better

You're fed up with people moaning about the Eurosport commentary team then you go to slag off the err Eurosport commentary team (Pearson and Tatum) Go figure !
  • Like 1

I must admit the commentery team were dire, and the atmosphere felt a bit flat, but the racing was fairly good,(hopefully the BSPA will realise they are being stupid in boycotting). For me the only problem was my skyplus decided to allow the thunderstorm locally to bugger up the end. Still I got all the twenty heats, and the website gave me the result, if not the last 2 races :cry:

What a nice change though not to hear 'Super' every other word.

I must admit the commentery team were dire, and the atmosphere felt a bit flat, but the racing was fairly good,(hopefully the BSPA will realise they are being stupid in boycotting).

Exactly. Scotty was decent but the other bloke was awful. Kel and Nige get excited about the sport and that rubs off on the viewer.

But as people say it's the racing that is important and it was 'out of the top drawer'.

BTW that exact phrase was used by Day so it seems old Kel is still an inspiration to budding speedway commentators.

I will give the two of them some credit but their performance when Matrin Vaculik lay in a heap was pretty disgraceful.

Some very good use of the helmet cam by Eurosport which I enjoyed.

Togliatti will be interesting if they manage to attract the locals who love their speedway and Artem Laguta.

Could see 4 Russians in the top six next time round.

Will be intersting to see how Woffy goes there.

Seems to me that the SGP has just gotten a very serious rival. And hopefully such a rivalry will grow and make both of them up their game and benefit all.

Look forward to the Togliatti round - heard excellent things about the stadium/track, hopefully a couple of lesser known Russian wildcards will be included & mix it with the GP big guns. Should be fun if last night's anything to go by...

Artem Laguta is wild card and he will mix it up as he is the master of Togliatti and has beaten many a big name rider there.