British Speedway Forum

Dudley 2013

greyhoundp

Coventry Strom v Dudley Heathens on 22nd March 2013

Dudley Heathens v Coventry Storm on 9th April 2013

First Fixtures of new season! What you think about that, Coventry Strom will have bigger attendance than the Bees in the first meeting of the season...Good Derby Match and a nice fixture for the fans of the good old days!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just been annouced that Heathens will face Buxton in the Knock Out Cup!

All Fixtures in the KOC

Kent v Isle of Wight

Mildenhall v Coventry

Stoke v King’s Lynn

Dudley v Buxton

No dateS as of yet...

P.S Bit quiet around here recently!

Edited by Hunty

If it was done on a regional basis, why wasnt Stoke & Dudley put together, and Mildenhall & Kings Lynn put together?.

Last year Dudley had Buxton so that's the same. Isle of Wight had Rye House who are essentially Kent, again the same. Now they have to mix it up somehow so Mildenhall couldn't have King's Lynn as they had them last year, and Stoke had Scunthorpe so obviously they have to have a different team. I'm sure the BSPA don't want two 'main' standalone teams meeting each other in round 1, and Dudley already have challenge meetings arranged with Coventry and may race Stoke again in the Staffordshire cup (or something!), so Mildenhall get Coventry.

Last years semis were Mildenhall vs Isle of Wight and Dudley vs Stoke, arguably the 4 biggest standalone teams in the league so they had to be kept apart at round 1 (which has happened again) and allows for 'local' sides to meet further in the competition. A cynical view I know, and the concept I have no issue with, just why can't the BSPA be open and say the cup is regionalised to save money?

• Like 2

Last year Dudley had Buxton so that's the same. Isle of Wight had Rye House who are essentially Kent, again the same. Now they have to mix it up somehow so Mildenhall couldn't have King's Lynn as they had them last year, and Stoke had Scunthorpe so obviously they have to have a different team. I'm sure the BSPA don't want two 'main' standalone teams meeting each other in round 1, and Dudley already have challenge meetings arranged with Coventry and may race Stoke again in the Staffordshire cup (or something!), so Mildenhall get Coventry.

Last years semis were Mildenhall vs Isle of Wight and Dudley vs Stoke, arguably the 4 biggest standalone teams in the league so they had to be kept apart at round 1 (which has happened again) and allows for 'local' sides to meet further in the competition. A cynical view I know, and the concept I have no issue with, just why can't the BSPA be open and say the cup is regionalised to save money?

totally agree there. It really makes me chuckle when they refer to who has drawn who. Yeah, like a draw actually takes place? ;)

• 2 months later...

Dudley's Ashley Morris will be appearing live on the BIKERfm Speedway Show on Tuesday 16th April between 8pm and 10pm.

You can tune in online via www.bikerfm.co.uk or on mobile phones using the TuneIn App.

Send any messages or questions for Ash to speedway@bikerfm.co.uk

Edited by BIKERfm Speedway Show

I thought that Adam was out into the EL & PL so 11.6 down with still no hopes of keeping the majority of the 2012 team....then we had to have 7 to conform with 2013 team building regulations........Then at least 4 more had to move to accommodate this.... so we had to add 5 to the 2 we kept from 2012 to keep within the 2013 40 point limit! :drink: hope this make sense as does anybody really know, except NP, CVS, GP & Will, who replaced who in my beloved Heathens?