British Speedway Forum

Dudley 2013

greyhoundp

The Heathens management want to make announcements in conjunction with what suits its media partners. Blackbird was due to be announced next week, but Mr Lee blabbed to the Speedway Star and it printed his comments. That forced the Heathens to make a statement yesterday confirming that Blackbird had signed.

Also an independent speedway website yesterday announced that Birks had signed for the Heathens. Obviously it's not true as he is ineligible for the NL next season. The club also made this clear in the statement released yesterday.

----------------

OK....shame about Birks though :D

Any idea what Blackbirdactually averaged last year, because his 7.01 is from 2011 isn't it?

You could have gone with a 3 pointer,Ritchings & JWW.

He averaged 7.76 from the NL meetings he did complete this year.

• Like 1

Will we never learn when it comes to M Lee, we tend to be a bit naive as far as he is concerned, Im afraid its men against boys when it comes to our dealings with him, if he told me it was raining outside, Im afraid i would have to go outside and see for myself, before i would believe a word that he said, still lets hope what goes around comes around in 2013.

Coming from a set up that has The Insider, Terry Pratchett and Shouty B*!!*x on the management side I can understand why you have an inherent mistrust of people - not sure there is a cure bud.

Bit concerned your promotion are going soft though, have seen no Official complaint mentioned on the website - shouldn't we have the first one for the 2013 season soon, only 3/4 months to tapes up.

Have heard M.Lee might be in trouble for releasing details of the Queens speech in which she asks for Peace and goodwill to all men, a wooly hat for Phillip, continued world domination for the Fen Tigers and a permanent new home for Dudley Speedway............................ preferably in Poland, Sweden or Russia. Made some of that up, was actually a beanie she wanted for Phil.

Fair play though for being proactive, allegedly while we were writing Christmas cards you were writing to other riders, anymore responses yet? :lol: Lewis on that average a very good signing for you one problem though could be his catchphrase Happy Days, is there a local word for happy?

Will be an interesting season methinks with a number of well balanced sides.

Kev

• Like 2

If he keeps putting out the bait, we will sure as hell keep biting. :wink: Yep as you say will be an interesting season, theres no way we can be as strong as last season, others will strengthen up, such as IOW and Kings Lynn both have made good starts to there Team building for 2013, Mildy will keep the majority of there 2012 Team, we ourselves are having almost a complete rebuild, and it will take time for the Team to gel. RH, Buxton, and Stoke, have been relatively quiet so far, though i do expect RH to Track the majority of last seasons Team, Coventry who knows, but with the signing of Greenwood, Franklin, and reputedly Grieves going there, thats a good start, just remains to be seen, who there big hitters will be, Perry wouldnt be a bad No1 for anyone. :lol:

Edited by greyhoundp

Will we never learn when it comes to M Lee, we tend to be a bit naive as far as he is concerned, Im afraid its men against boys when it comes to our dealings with him, if he told me it was raining outside, Im afraid i would have to go outside and see for myself, before i would believe a word that he said, still lets hope what goes around comes around in 2013.

well if he told me it was snow on the ground id have to get the sniffer dogs in for a second opinion :mad:
  • Like 1

nothing wrong with my eye sight or my ears i no what i heard on radio to the mildy management are more bent than the contents of the incredible hulks cutlery draw

O.K. well you hear things but you just don't appear to understand the words, thinks its a common genetic womanly thing have heard of this a few times - speaking of cutlery shouldn't you be washing some? :rofl:

• Like 1

O.K. well you hear things but you just don't appear to understand the words, thinks its a common genetic womanly thing have heard of this a few times - speaking of cutlery shouldn't you be washing some? :rofl:

im not going to start a war of words kev but why dont you crawl back in to you little fen cave as you seem to be the missing link pick up your club and drag you mrs round by her hair as often in your comments you have show the intelligence of primitive man
  • Like 3

Any ideas on who will be announced tomorrow? Heard Brendan Johnson from a couple of different people!!

He could be a suprise little package if he signs for Heathens, he was plagued by injury last year and the fixtures were to and far between but he looked to have hit a purple patch towards the end of the season.

Would come in on a 5.25 average, and for a lad who is 20 he has a bit of experiance and is coming into the right sort of age in his national league career!

Would leave 8.79 to play with which could see a 5.79 and a 3.00. The team would be strong all over if you get the 5 and 6 pointers to increase there averages a tad to 7's!

I suspect that Brendan Johnson will be on our Shopping List at some stage and I would be tempted to go for Paul Starke who seems to be a steal on 5.70. Robert Lambert would be a 'useful' 3 pointer to complete the team (Yes - I know thats not going to happen!)

I expect to get shot down here but I would not be averse to giving Luke Chessell another go. His gating is very good and he gets away consistently. His difficulty is in staying aboard for four laps but we now have Jan O on board and I would hope that he could help there. Difficulty in going for Luke is that we would have about 4.2 left to play with (taking Brendan as a given) and I can't see anyone around that figure who looks like they could improve significantly.