British Speedway Forum

Isle Of Wight 2013

News now on club's official website at: http://www.iowislanders.co/

The potential at reserve is frightening! Overall that is a good solid team with no weak links in it, but I would have thought Nathan Stoneman would be wanted back by Mildenhall, and I thought Anderson was an Aussie thus ruling him out. Maybe wrong though.

I also think 2013 will be a breakthrough year for Dan Stoneman, and I've thought that 2x 3.00 reserves wouldn't necessarily hurt the team as long as Dan can cope with, what I think, would be his first time riding in the top 5 initially.

Ando, has partiality, Scottish ancestors, though maybe that is classed as foreign to the IOW :lol: . and Ben is back so at least we both got two riders correct.

You know its amazing, no one picked up on you suggesting Lewis Blackbird, or Aaron, but as soon as i put NS hahaha.

c/o the Official Isle of Wight Speedway website:

With council approval having been obtained, speedway meetings at Smallbrook in 2013 will get underway half an hour earlier than previously, the first race now coming to the tapes at 7pm.

Further details and more news to follow....

More info on the BSPA:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.18535

Edited by rhidassa

Greyhoundp.

Ive been tying to PM you, but for some reason I cant send you a messege.

Can you tell me the best way to send you a note?

cheers

Dont understand why you cant Pm me, mystifying.

I would like to shake the hand of greyhoundp you are a true speedway fan sir a dying breed

Thanks bradtony, dont embarass me further. :wink: I just speak as i find, not always right, but sometimes right.

Im always available at greyhoundp@yahoo.com

If they want more fans from the mainland they must think about their return journey as a priority...An earlier start is fine as loing as it doesnt mean an extended interval and tardy running of heats so that I arrive back home again at the same hour as now....

with wightlink looking to cut even more services from the current timetable it seems a logical decision to make. last season it wasn't just us fans making a mad dash to catch the 9.45 fast cat, the riders were also rushing to make the 10pm car ferry. failure to make that sailing would mean a wait until midnight!

with wightlink looking to cut even more services from the current timetable it seems a logical decision to make. last season it wasn't just us fans making a mad dash to catch the 9.45 fast cat, the riders were also rushing to make the 10pm car ferry. failure to make that sailing would mean a wait until midnight!

Interesting, that.

Checking the timetable, the earlier fastcat goes at 8.47 so if the meeting took an hour and a half you'd still be on the 9.47 one even if the meeting started 30 minutes earlier. The same applies to the car ferry (to be fair, that is based upon winter timetables).

I was very much in favour of the change of time but I am not sure it will assist those coming from the Mainland (other than preventing the mad dash if the meeting runs late).

Wacky races back to fishbourne is a tradition.

In 2011 I got smuggled across in Barrie Evans van for one meeting. In the charge to the ferry terminal, I was in the back with the bikes and some tools fell on me as we carreered round a bend, the race being in vain as the bloody ferry was nearly an hour late.

preventing the constant clock watching leading up to the mad rush would be a big bonus for me. at least i can relax a bit and watch the meeting, i don't get home until 12.30 am even when i catch the earlier ferry.

the proposed cuts to ferry services start in january 2013. there is currently a petition doing the rounds to demonstrate against the changes to the timetables.

• Like 1